AoS Clash of the Forbidden [RECRUITING!]

Prozix

Reaction score
Euhm are you sure this project is even do-able in gui :p (since I started jassing I began to underestimate GUI heavily) Notice that you will need vJass to use the system. The vJass world editor is somewhat outdated but it shouldn't really matter (I think) so you could edit the map with the vJass-erized world editor later on and add vJass spells if someone who does that joins the team ^^

CixxyZ

Reaction score
I think it is possible GUI on the most part though for spels like knockback Im sure there needs to be some custom code like Jassed? Anyway we'll see if we get any vJass members.

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
I think it is possible GUI on the most part though for spels like knockback Im sure there needs to be some custom code like Jassed? Anyway we'll see if we get any vJass members.
Actually, it can be coded in GUI.

Good luck on your project :thup:

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
Euhm are you sure this project is even do-able in gui :p (since I started jassing I began to underestimate GUI heavily)
Everything is possible in GUI (except vJass things, but those can be done in GUI too in some different (more complicated way))

The vJass world editor is somewhat outdated but it shouldn't really matter (I think) so you could edit the map with the vJass-erized world editor later on
There is not "vJass editor", there is Jass NewGen Pack which has compilator for vJass.

Prozix

Reaction score
Everything is possible in GUI (except vJass things, but those can be done in GUI too in some different (more complicated way))
I was being ironic

There is not "vJass editor", there is Jass NewGen Pack which has compilator for vJass.
Yeah, i know that it is only a precompiler but I don't know how it works regarding the editor. If I create a map with the newest world editor save it and load it starting the world editor trough the executables in the newgenpack map, it prompts that this is an older version of the world editor.
Do you know why it does that? Does newgen hack it's way into my editor and change the version of it:nuts:? Curious

Furby

Reaction score
Nothing similiar ever happened to me, just update wc3 to the latest patch and download the latest JNGP, with the latest Jasshelper.

>> Patches <<
>> JNGP <<
>> Jasshelper <<

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
it prompts that this is an older version of the world editor.
Do you know why it does that? Does newgen hack it's way into my editor and change the version of it? Curious
because NewGen works with the 1.21 WorldEditor.
but in compiling, the actual product is usable by 1.24b/

Prozix

Reaction score
Check,
Check,
I don't have the latest version of Jasshelper, I use the version that comes with newgen 5d.

I CAN create maps, and everything works, I was just wondering why I got the message, it doesn't affect anything...

EDIT:
I get this exact message:
"This map has been saved by a more recent version of the editor. may containt data which are not supported in this version.

Continue loading the map?"
Yes, No

>because NewGen works with the 1.21 WorldEditor. but in compiling, the actual product is usable by 1.24b
So where is the 1.21 Editor located? If it's inside of the newgen pack then it kinda contains a vJass World Editor :p

I press yes and yay I can use it :p but my question was: why does it give me that message?

CixxyZ

Reaction score
I'm currently working on the terrain.

The concept is to make an organic and symmetrical castle vs castle map and a river in the middle.

What do you all think so far?

2mfgqcm.jpg

Finestdeath

Reaction score
Its nice, though it will need more detail (like trees, etc). Also, the middle lane is nicely done and quite balance. Try to make the river look more like one too. Thats all I have to say for the terrain.

Rushhour

Reaction score
Yeah I'm pretty sure I could do this, but I'm not a modeller, so I this tower would exist of different "dummy parts" ;P
But you should first work out the concept, it's better if your team knows what to do and doesn't have to change everything everytime you get a new idea :D

CixxyZ

Reaction score
Well I am thinking like maybe it just automatically adds the segments (and gets higher and higher) as the tower gets more powerful to give the feeling its improving.

Or we can do it by modules like if you upgrade Defense enough it gains an defensive segment. What do you guys think?

Also I am redoing the terrain, it needs to be perfect. I'll re-do it on a smaller map size 96*160, which is smaller than DotA's 128*128, so that there will be less walking involved.

CixxyZ

Reaction score
Btw an update on heroes. We have almost finished the berserker, he's really fun to play.

Currently I am working on the Archer class. How's this?

Archer

Passives:
Tracking: Improves radius of vision.
Bow Mastery: Improves rate of fire and damage.
Eagle's Mark: Improves Range.

Unleash Tiger - Ranger related
You can unleash your deadly pet which improves each level. It is automatically controlled. So when you move, it will follow you and if you attack, it will attack your target. If you select it, you can also manually control it.
You can send it to your leash to have it recover HP and be unable to attack.

Immobilizing Shot - Sniper related
A dirty fighting technique used by snipers that targets the legs and pins an enemy to the ground. The enemy will be immobile for a few seconds then will have reduced movement speed for another few seconds afterwards.

Soul Arrow - Valkyrie related
When this mode is activated, the archer gains hitpoints when shoot at the cost of reducing attack damage.

Bursting Collapse Ultimate
AOE that shoots an arrow. When it reaches its destination, it bursts open, spreading multiple arrowheads. If any enemy is hit by the arrow that splits, they are either stunned or knocked back.

Valkyrie proposal:
Valkyrie:

Ability Ideas:

- Penetrating Arrow. Infused by the spirits of the fallen , the arrow has a chance to penetrate through enemies. (Passive?)

- Einherijar Conversion. Once you slay an enemy unit there is a chance that they will convert to your side and join your force for a limited time. When they expire, they are sent to Midgar, releasing a damaging ray of light as they are sent. (Passive?)

- Short Range Mode. In this mode, you are low ranged but you can attack faster and you gain a mild block ability which is about as powerful as the 1st Class Defender's.

- Improved Soul Arrow - When activated, the valkyrie also steals mana from the enemy.

- Ragnarok - When you have at least 10 Einherijars you can send them all to Midgar to summon the aid of a godly weapon as a reward from the Aesirs. You attain this weapon for a short duration but during that time you are able to always penetrate through your enemies and have multiple shots that emits from your hero in a set arc.

Furby

Reaction score
Looks cool, so far. But try to add some eyecandy to your posts, this looks boring and chaotic, just like some bunch of text. Try making something like this:

Archer

Passives:
  • Tracking: Improves radius of vision.
  • Bow Mastery: Improves rate of fire and damage.
  • Eagle's Mark: Improves Range.

Active abilities:
  • Unleash Tiger - Ranger related
    You can unleash your deadly pet which improves each level. It is automatically controlled. So when you move, it will follow you and if you attack, it will attack your target. If you select it, you can also manually control it.
    You can send it to your leash to have it recover HP and be unable to attack.
  • Immobilizing Shot - Sniper related
    A dirty fighting technique used by snipers that targets the legs and pins an enemy to the ground. The enemy will be immobile for a few seconds then will have reduced movement speed for another few seconds afterwards.
  • Soul Arrow - Valkyrie related
    When this mode is activated, the archer gains hitpoints when shoot at the cost of reducing attack damage.
  • Bursting Collapse Ultimate
    AOE that shoots an arrow. When it reaches its destination, it bursts open, spreading multiple arrowheads. If any enemy is hit by the arrow that splits, they are either stunned or knocked back.

CixxyZ

Reaction score
Thanks, that does look good. However the abilities listed arent final and are just drafts, as well as their tooltips.

Anyway, updated the terrain, hows this look?

rlc2o2.jpg

Furby

Reaction score
That "base" looks quite big, what you gonna put there? Since, I guess tower is supposed to be under it in the sqaure. :)

CixxyZ

Reaction score
Thanks again for your input.
I rethinked it, and I think its better that the bridge area is for tactical defense and the tower would be inside. The area beside the tower isnt too large cause the map is 96 in width. They would have the merchants etc.

2e17vd0.jpg

Furby

Reaction score
Loooks nice! Now work on trees and doodads. :thup:

avalya

Reaction score
How many passives/actives do every hero have? I saw the Valkyrie has a lot of passives, you might want to make more of them active abilities, terrain's looking good and it's spelled Midgard. :)

CixxyZ

Reaction score
@furby cheers, will do.

@ ava, Yes its between one of them for the passive and thanks for the correction.

Valky will only have one passive, and I think its definitely gonna be Einherijar conversion. Penetrating Shot will be a self buff that lasts for a duration.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.