AoS Clash of the Forbidden [RECRUITING!]

avalya

Reaction score
Seems nice, the correction feels important to me (being a Swede and interested in mythology... yeah). As I said, it looks nice, and I look forward to it!

CixxyZ

Reaction score
Oh right. Yea, the names were just from on top of my head and are draft so i didnt know if it was right or not.

Anyway I put some random trees for the top part and starting on the bottom now. Not exactly sure what to put in the trees but I was thinking that you can also mine for resources? Seems a bit lame though.
would anyone have any good ideas of what to put in the trees beside creeps?.

ipp5k1.jpg

avalya

Reaction score
I'd say, have a neutral gold mine that can be taken over by standing next to it for 15(30?) seconds that gives an additional 1 gold every second (2g/3 sec?) to the players in the team that owns it, making the map have more team battles than an average AOS because both teams wants to control it, place it somewhere in the forest, maybe make room somewhere around the middle lane or so. Also, power-ups, either in the river or the forest (or both) is a good addition to any AOS map, use maybe the standard ones DotA has, and maybe some more (can think of +armor and attack speed, along with some others).

CixxyZ

Reaction score
Yeah ava, I already thoguht of that and discussed it with Moridin way before. I had a domination idea but I think it'll make hte game more complex and it'll make the losing team a less chance to comeback - which is how the Dom mode in Castle Fight is like.
Hmm.. perhaps there's a way around that, like making it scores in Unreal Tournament's Domination. When you gain a control point for over a minute or something your team gains a resource and it resets control to neutral. That would work but also make the game a bit more complex, what do you guys think?

Thanks for the powerup heads up, I think you're right about that and there might be powerups in central locs of the forest.

Also I was thinking of some heroes earlier, critiques?
Longbowist

Ability ideas:

Passive:
- Vital Mark: Through training, the Longbowist has learnt to easily focus on her enemies' vital areas. Critical Chance based on the range between you and your target.

Ability Ideas:

- Moon Scope: When this mode is activated, you gain double your Range for attacking, at the cost of being inaccurate.

- Judgment Shot: Improved dirty fighting technique. You immobilize your enemy for a duration then the arrow stuck onto them will explode, making all enemies around the target suffer damage and penalty to movement speed.

- Silencer: Long range bowmen are specially trained at picking off mages from a long distance. This ability puts your enemy to sleep. When they wake up, they will be silenced for a duration.

- 7 Vitals [ult] : The bow is the heart of the Longbowist and the arrow is the soul. With this ability, the vital areas of her enemy becomes natural knowledge to her. Upon concentrating for a duration, she fires 7 consecutive arrows at her enemy's vitals. The enemy will be knocked back with each blow unless they pass a Agility check.

Ranger

Passive:
- Sixth Sense: When mounted, the ranger has a sixth sense of her surroundings, gaining knowledge of hidden objects around her - such as stealthed rogues and ninja traps.

Abilities:
- Tiger Mount: You are able to mount on your tiger, giving you a increased movement speed, and new passive pet abilities per level.
** Level 1: Roar: When surrounded by many enemies, the tiger will roar in a medium Aoe around the user. The tiger instills fear into enemies. Making them all flee unless they pass a resistance check.
** Lv2: Flash Dodge: The tiger can sense when danger is coming and is able to quickly sidestep to dodge the attack. (Jumps one direction.)
** LV3: Lunge: When at melee range with an enemy, the tiger will lunge to its prey and knock it back.
** LV4: Pursuit: When you are chasing an enemy, the tiger rages with killing instinct. It will gradually gain more and more movement speed until your movement speed is maxed. It maintains this speed for a few seconds then it will slow down to its normal speed.

-

avalya

Reaction score
Sounds good, and yeah, I liked the control point capped for over a minute = 100 (50 or 150?) gold and if you're going with lumber as honor or badges or something, you could get some of those (or exclusively lumber if heroes reward lumber, making it more of a PVP objective), returning to neutral is a great idea as well and I liked your new heroes. Maybe the 7 Vitals gives the target a chance equal to the difference (if it has more) times two between the heroes' agility or so instead of missing if it has more agility (or however it'd work).

CixxyZ

Reaction score
Sounds good, and yeah, I liked the control point capped for over a minute = 100 (50 or 150?) gold and if you're going with lumber as honor or badges or something, you could get some of those (or exclusively lumber if heroes reward lumber, making it more of a PVP objective), returning to neutral is a great idea as well and I liked your new heroes. Maybe the 7 Vitals gives the target a chance equal to the difference (if it has more) times two between the heroes' agility or so instead of missing if it has more agility (or however it'd work).

Lumber would be the resources to upgrade the tower, and you can use it to purchase powerful items, which is like trading a better tower for a better hero.

And food might be set up to be like each level you gain 10 and if you have 150 food you're able to branch, so level 15 if you dont do anything noteworthy. I was thinking if you do something good for the team such as changing lane monster to counter the other team or return a resource ctf style you gain food so you can branch earlier.

So maybe half half of each if your team scores a domination point. The domination points would need to be on your opponent side of the map. Also it needs to be like after it resets, you cant capture it for another few minutes.
Well even after all this, it still might give the winning team too much of an edge, don't you think?

Cool idea for the agi difference. We have an ability like that for Berserker's ult, where he reduces enemy damage by a % of his STR in his ult's aura for a duration. I think it might be too many variables if we include knockback chance based on agi though. Maybe the damage dealt is based on AGI of your hero only and knockback is also based on agi. That would keep it simple and easy to the players.

Oh and Moon shot will need to have a deal 50% dmg or less on towers effect :p

Edit for no double post:
I think this will do for the Ranger.

Ranger

Passive:
(new) - Animal Empathy: The ranger is has an extraordinary understanding of animals. When using mounts, she gains bonus agility and movement speed.

Abilities:
- Tiger Mount: You are able to mount on your tiger, giving you a increased movement speed, and new passive pet abilities per level.
** Level 1: Roar: When surrounded by many enemies, the tiger will roar in a medium Aoe around the user. The tiger instills fear into enemies. Making them all flee unless they pass a resistance check.
** Lv2: Flash Dodge: The tiger can sense when danger is coming and is able to quickly sidestep to dodge the attack. (Jumps one direction.)
** LV3: Lunge: When at melee range with an enemy, the tiger will lunge to its prey and knock it back.
** LV4: Pursuit: When you are chasing an enemy, the tiger rages with killing instinct. It will gradually gain more and more movement speed until your movement speed is maxed. It maintains this speed for a few seconds then it will slow down to its normal speed.

- Feral Vision: The ranger is so connected with animals that she gains the ability to see through their eyes. Each level retains the previous level's effect. Activated self buff, tints the screen the respective animal's vision colour.
** Lvl 1: See through Cats eyes, improved radius of vision at night.
** Lv 2: See through Wolf eyes, danger detection (minimap blips) when enemies are within a large proximity.
** Lv 3: See through Lion eyes, when your enemy targets you, they will suffer damage due to fear. (not sure about this one)
** Lv 4: See through Eagle eyes, true sight: detect invisible rogues and traps etc.

- Wilds' Lore: You temporarily can mark a tree with an owl. When this tree is marked, you gain vision of that area and when you or your allies fight in that area you gain bonus agility and increased vision at night.

- Treant's Splendor: Activate only if you are in an area with Wilds' Lore in effect. The treants will shield you with an enchanted shield that gives you high armour and will periodically release owl-like projectiles (KotG projectiles) in a spiral, and more frequently if you are hit by an attack. This projectile will damage and heavily poison your foe.

avalya

Reaction score
Lion's Eyes should maybe have a 20% chance or so to stun/immobilize/fear the attacker for 1 second or so instead of the damage? Makes more sense to the fear part of it.

CixxyZ

Reaction score
Yeah that'll work. Though meant to write damage penalty instead. Just need a nice fear trigger first so we can use that globally. Updated Treant Splendor to work periodically and more freq when you are hit.

millz-

Reaction score
would anyone have any good ideas of what to put in the trees beside creeps?.

If your map gonna have recipes for items, e.g. combining 2 or more items into a more powerful version, make a shop that sells the requiring recipe item on the enemy side? E.g. Players from the top, would have to travel to the bottom's shop to get a powerful recipe item made (risking their life hence powerful) and vice versa. Just a suggestion :)

Demerzel2

Reaction score
I'm no good at triggering, but I do have ideas. How about if the map looked something like this (drawn in paint, don't mind):

aos.jpg

Different AI troop types will take different paths, but there will be a common intersection point (let mid lane AI be a bit slow so as to let the others catch up. On the side there could be some secret paths through a jungle or anything else, or simply some secret boss lairs which grant plenty of resource. The lanes which I suggest will leave a lot of space on the sides for such things if you go by the standard square-shaped map plan.

I suggest you don't mix up the upgrade resources with common item purchasing ones, so that you can promote teamwork. Other customs like DotA have a major flaw of most public players simply purchasing items which benefit their hero alone.

I recommend you give the valkyrie the ability to swap between a bow and a scythe instead of a glaive. That will make it as cool as the Diablo 2 amazon, and Range-Melee hybrids are a good thing :).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.