Creative Writing, Room 220220 is my English class
What is this about?
I Pineapple will teach you all about Creative Writing. From Short Stories to Poetry focusing more on the stories. I will help you build better plots with characters that are unique and settings that don't feel generic. For poetry I will teach you things to improve and get a good flow going.
How will this course help me specifically?
This course will bend and flex to your specific needs with individual assignments designed to improve your style further or get you to learn more styles so that you are not locked down to the same stories over and over.
I want to join!
You want in eh? Well then post "I'm in!" Along with that you have to post what you usually write Poetry/Short Stories. Then What genre you write your stories and poems in Tragic/Fantasy/Mystery/Romance/Comedy/Historic/etc... If you don't write poems or shorts stories then put N/A
If you want to specify a style of poetry too then you can. Ex. Haiku/Limericks/Rhyming Couplets.
[U ][ I]I'm In![ /I][ /U] [B ]Preference:[ /B] Stories/Poetry [B ]Story Genre:[ /B] [B ]Poetry Genre:[ /B]
Lesson One: Introduction ~April 21st [Eastern Time (US & Canada) GMT-5:00)
- Dos and Don'ts
- Getting Things Flowing
- Writers Zone
- Assignment 1: Introduction
- Chose either a poem or short story (1-3 pages)
- It must tell us about yourself
- If you do not wish to reveal anything about yourself you can do character from a movie or game, just specify who.
Lesson Two: Defining ~April 28th [Eastern Time (US & Canada) GMT-5:00)
- Specifics on Chosen Genres of Writing
- Assignment 2: Tiny Story (1 Page)
- You each write a short story with the given theme.
- You can pick the genre of writing, (fantasy, mystery, etc...)
- The story should not get wrapped up at end. It will be continued at a later lesson.
Lesson Three: To Be or not to Be... That is the question.~
May 5th [Eastern Time (US & Canada) GMT-5:00)
- Tips on Writing your genre of poetry
- Keeping a good rhythm
- Assignment 2: Poem (1 Page max)
- You each write a poem in the genre given to you.
- You can pick the style of poetry
- The ending should be well defined, not giving you the question "Is it over?"
Lesson Four, Five and Six in the Second Semester
Need some extra help? I'm glad to give any extra help if needed.
Windows Live: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yahoo IM: email@example.com
Genre: Epic Fantasy
Story Genre: Any
Poetry Genre: Any
Genre: Fantasy, a little bit of Sci Fi maybe
Story Genre: Any
Poem Genre: Any
Story Genre: mystery, Samurai-fiction
Poetry Genre: Seasonal
Preference: Short Stories
Story Genre: Fantasy
Poetry Genre: Limericks