Classroom: Creative Writing

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
nice - good lesson

I got an idea for my story but it might be a bit longer then the one page (I'll try not to make it too long but I don't it to feel rushed)

Also if the main characters were soldiers, and I'm writing a fantasy, would it be appropriate if once in a while they were to swear.
(You said it would be inappropriate if characters swore in fantasy, but it would be a normal attribute for someone of that occupation to have)

It depends on the fantasy, In Futuristic fantasy i could see it but not too much. In Medieval try not too. Instead of something like son of a b*tch you could do something like son of a swamp hag.

Fantasy = Be Creative

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
Yes, very good lesson. I especially liked the mystery section, something to add onto it.
Its a fine line, you must keep the reader guessing, with subtle clues. Do not make it to easy or to confusing. Hold its interest with a continual flow of suspense. Drop clues into the smallest of things.

Anyway, did you read Amaranthine, and if you did, could you comment/tell me what you thought?

I'll try to come up with something for the assignment ;)

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
I did read it, you should have gotten your assessment over PM. :)

Edit: I added a paragraph to Mystery ;)

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
Alright heres mine. Its a bit longer then what you said (it 1 1/2 pages) but I had to add it all in. My story a fantasy type genre. Read it and tell me what you think!

Attachments

• the glass Mountain.doc
    28.5 KB · Views: 350

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Tips for Writing

1. For me the hardest part of writing is starting the story the 1st 3 pages

If so your like me find any good book and read how they start it and till you get a Idea

Same thing if you can't think of a ending

But theres a different from copying and looking up for a resource so don't copy it ok

2. If you have a problem with too much action don't do a topic about war maybe do a topic about escaping from a prison of war (less action on the topic)

Notes:Too much action is a another probelm for most writers

3. If you can't finish the story don't feel bound to finish it then it loose its Interest and will become borning

Note: I have throw away maybe like 50 topics because I couldn't finish them

4. If you can't think of names Don't worry names can be easily changed with a computer or if you want think of them ahead of time I usually Japanese Names because I can use any word to make there name sound cool (You can use any langauge you think would be good)

5. Some writers like putting Author's Notes (I do) it tells the reader why you thought it was a good idea to go this way in the story. It also lets the reader understand you

Note: I put them at the end of the chapter but you can also put them at the end of the book as well

So I hope that helps some of you with problems that Basic to Advance Writers have

News: I will be soon opening a new website for writers from forums and others. They will be posted on there own page and (hopefully) people can post comments

Reason why now: I may actual find a hosting service that is cheap and won't rip me off

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
News: I will be soon opening a new website for writers from forums and others. They will be posted on there own page and (hopefully) people can post comments

Reason why now: I may actual find a hosting service that is cheap and won't rip me off

... Goth's High does that, ya know ^.^ Well, we have forums for writer's, at least, for them to post their work and for others to comment on it. The only reason they're not AMAZINGLY active is because we don't get as many people. Your new forum will have the same problem.

Why split activity apart when you can just get people to visit GH and comment their work there?

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
We don't need more mods unless we start getting more members and activity... Just comment people's stuff, you don't have to be a mod to do that at GH.com ^.^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.