Classroom?

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Like I said... If it works for people, keep it up.

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
Thanks, Seth... coming from a Staff Member, that does mean a lot ^_^.

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
Hey Phenix why u gave the Spell classroom to some1 else?
i was gonna do that it was my idea............. :mad:

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
To all teacher-wannabe's - before signing up, think about and consider, if You are qualified to teach a subject (which You desire to teach). It's kind of...lame, when pupils are smarter than the teacher.

If I may, I can teach Basic/Advanced GUI and basic JASS, regarding spells, leaks or whatnot.

I

IKilledKEnny

> Andrewgosu

Yeah, I agree, however in my case I volunteered not becuase I'm a JASS pro, but becuase I know the basics already and no one else offered the help, so what the hell.

In my opinion the worst thing to do is to flame someone that is trying to help. So I just asking from everyone if you see a class that you think is bad PM the author saying what you find bad, don't insult him in public.

Just my unrelated note, I think this is a great project, keep it up all!!

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I swear I allowed PMS from everyone... w/e

I'll fix that mum yes the classes have been edited
And if we do get one of those sub forums or w/e could we mod the place just because it would be hell lot easier :p

EDIT: Any complaints PM me or Phoenix will handle it

Anyway If you don't think you can teach anymore just tell us and will give the job to some one else lets say GUI 101 drops out then GUI Functions or GUI Advanced could help sub for that class till we get another teacher

And after each Session you can stop doing your class and do another or stop and never teach again w/e

Note to anyone: If you have a probelm with classrooms do not -rep me... tell us what the probelm is and I will try to fix it...

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
My previous post wasn't intended against any of the current teachers, including You, IKilledKenny. It was just a reminder to anyone, who wants to become a teacher.

I'll make a JASS classroom.

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
Hey Mizuio i have been aiming about having the Spell GUI classroom and i talked about it with Phenix (he said he will discuss with u) and now i see some1 else taking this class..........

pheonixashes

Reaction score
I dunno what happened, it seemed that Mizuio-Ken might have given the job while we were talking. Sorry Doom-Angel...

I

IKilledKEnny

> Andrewgosu

I know, it was an unrelated note.

> Tom Jones

I believe no one is teaching this yet. So I guess this is yours. You will have lots of students (including me :D).

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
I don't see a sub form for Classrooms in the future, they spread out to wide there not all Warcraft.

I got a question: Why do we need to send lesson plans to you? We are volunteering to teach people, shouldn't we decide how?

Edit: also creative writing could do with a few more people.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
When? do you have to send lessons to us?

Kens? Jass 101 I'm not teaching it

EDIT

wait a min ohh Kenny

I

IKilledKEnny

I agree with Pineapple, I appreciate very much the fact that you both took upon yourselves to manage this great thing that started in thehelper.net, however you are still not moderators, thus I think teachers should be able to decide how they want to teach and should waiting for an approval.

> wait a min ohh Kenny

Yeah, that was my guess. ;)

I

IKilledKEnny

It's not that I think you shouldn't care about this, it's great that you do, but more as I think you should let the teachers teach the way they like it.

Off topic:

> Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.

I love this line pheonixashes.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Despite the fact that I think this idea is a fad and will pass in time, allow me to say this:

It is entirely capable of two different people to teach on the same subject. In school, is there only one science teacher, or an entire department dedicated to science and science teacherS?

A teacher's teaching is an extent of their personality. Thus, every teacher will teach their lessons in a way they deem acceptable. If you feel like a "teacher" is doing a crappy job, report the thread/particular posts, and the staff will look into it. Otherwise: Deal with it. You may not always agree with the lesson plan of your teacher, but if you learn something, it's still working.

Two guidelines for this fad :)

pheonixashes

Reaction score
It's not that I think you shouldn't care about this, it's great that you do, but more as I think you should let the teachers teach the way they like it.

Thanks for the guidelines Seth.

Anyway, IKilledKEnny, we just want some notification of what class they are teaching and some promise that the students will be learning the correct thing, not just some random facts about GUI from a less-than-average teacher (Of course, no one yet.)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.