Classroom?

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
thr should probably be a classroom section b/c of all the classes that are coming out now

also Im probably going to offer classes over some form of C in the summer

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I have a question..

- What about the re-occuring +rep problem where you have to spread it around? I don't think that the teachers will be able to rep a bunch of people frequently unless they have a bunch of students. :D

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Well, many teachers decided to +rep people if they do their hw... But they won't be able to do that frequently because of the "You must spread the rep around" thing... Unless you create tons of dummy accounts and rep them so you can re-rep the students afterwards, but that would take a bunch of dummies... Or you can just have other students/staff rep you. ;)

--------------------------------

btw: Nope, this isn't for rep... This is so that other students and members who are noobs to subjects can benefit from these classes and learn to unnoob themselves. :D

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Unless you create tons of dummy accounts and rep them so you can re-rep the students afterwards
Umm, no.

If this Classroom thing follows a trend of causing so many problems with rep and whatnot then it should not/will not happen.

I

IKilledKEnny

What I do (will do) is collect assignments and then when the new class will be posted I will declare what assignment I found best (in case of draw, both people) and I will reward the "winner" with reputation for the effort.

I

IKilledKEnny

>I say no rep at all.

Well there should be a motive to make assignments. :)

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
What I do (will do) is collect assignments and then when the new class will be posted I will declare what assignment I found best (in case of draw, both people) and I will reward the "winner" with reputation for the effort.

Wow! Good Idea!

P.S. Do you mind if I use that idea on some of my assignments, or do you want to keep your glorious idea to yourself, I won't mind? :rolleyes:

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score

We call this a contest.

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
Try to keep Classrooms to one thread. If you can't do that, we'll be forced to lock them.

Yes, good idea, but the problem with that is, it will be hard for the teacher/students/onlookers to find a certain lesson.

Umm could i do a class room on non-triggered spells?

Go ahead; I'm not stopping you.

We call this a contest.

True, but you don't learn much from contests, do you?

Here are where the current classes stand:

GUI Classes:
GUI: "General" Functions: Tonks (Pending due to Health Problems) & PurgeandFire (Pending due to Uncertainty to teach)
GUI 101: PurgeandFire
GUI Spellmaking: uareanoob
Advanced GUI: Elmstfreddie

JASS Classes:
JASS 101: IKilledKEnny
JASS: Andrewgosu
JASS Advanced: Tom Jones

Terraining Classes:
Terraining: Basic to Advanced: oninuva

Other Computer Languages:
Learn Web Design: DDRtists

Writer's Corner:
Creative Writing: Pineapple

If I missed anyone, then tell me.
Anyone wishing to join, tell me, and I'll update this post.
This way people can check if the class is open.
Not that you can't co-teach with a teacher, or ask the person if they can teach.

Arrghh... it's hard to make everyone happy.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Yes, good idea, but the problem with that is, it will be hard for the teacher/students/onlookers to find a certain lesson.

That really is a problem that you guys need to deal with. There can't be 5 different threads for one 'classroom'. We have rules against that.

I don't mean to sound harsh. We're completely letting you guys try this out and see if it works, but having 4 different threads in the same forum for the same topic is a little overboard. Please try to keep them to one thread.

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
Ok then, everyone just do that, to prevent your threads from being locked, until something else happens.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone can start a classroom but you know we can and will lock threads at anytime. We have very active Moderation here. I would suggest you guys discourage newbs from doing it though....

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
The Helper said:
Anyone can start a classroom but you know we can and will lock threads at anytime. We have very active Moderation here. I would suggest you guys discourage newbs from doing it though....

Well your telling us to say no... but because there volunteering we can fire them if they do something wrong but we can't really say no

But were asking for you to send a copy and we may have to put a req. to be a teacher if TH wants us too

Remember If you get your classroom thread locked

1) Don't open another classroom

2) Ask The Mod why (if they didn't tell you) why its closed

3) We are not held responsible if you get your Thread Close, or Re-open your thread without permission because Its no our probelm if we find out your threads been closed by a mod and its a good reason (which it is most of the time) We will give your class to the next opening person

XXXconanXXX said:
That really is a problem that you guys need to deal with. There can't be 5 different threads for one 'classroom'. We have rules against that.

Well if your a teacher you can get punish you don't understand we don't have that power you admins do but not us...

But we will try to stop this much as possible and I will send notice of these new rules to all the teachers

Update - I have sent all the messages there all the same for all 10 teachers

I do accept PMs again (problem fixed) So reply to me if you have any problems

Here is the copy of the letter I sent if you don't get it for some odd reason

1) You can only post lesson on one Thread!
2) Don't teach if you don't know the topic
3) If you get your class locked DON'T Re-open it
4) If you get your Class locked and the mod tells you please tell us (or the mod will)
5) If its a good reason we will hand your class to the next person who wants it

Notes:
- Theses Rules are Enforced by all Mods
- No Exceptions
- We are not held responsible if you get your Thread Close, or Re-open your thread without permission because Its no our problem if we find out your threads been closed by a mod and its a good reason (which it is most of the time) We will give your class to the next opening person

I will also be looking over Classrooms Strictly

Thats all for right now Keep up the good work teachers :D

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I have been replying to all teachers but just to tell you guys

WE DIDN'T MAKE THIS RULES
any complaints go to the admins or mods of Thehelper.net not us please understand and if you get mad at us ... Just remember our job is like your 100% Voluntary

Umm and the Rep for Homework idea is kinda of a problem right now...
And
Idk if the Admins or Mods like this program so its hard getting support :( but were trying our best so you try yours

Sry for double posting by the way I just had to post this

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.