Cloverfield

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
I know I started another Cloverfield thread, but that one is dead.

Here is the low down

Movie trailer:

The movie's first trailer showed a group of friends at a party. Everything is going great when a quake shakes the building and the electricity goes out. Seconds later its back on and everyone gathers around the t.v. The news says a tanker capsized next to the Statue of Liberty. Since the people are close they go to the roof to see what happens. They get there and are looking around when an explosion rocks a far off area. The people run out of the building to get away from the debris. The camera focuses down the street and you see something fly through the air. The object takes out a nearby skyscraper and crashes into the ground a few yards from the camera guy(this movie is entirely shot by one of the party goers). The object is revealed to be the Statue of Liberty's head, and it has giant claw marks on the face.

CAUTION SPOILERS START HERE

I warned ya. Its basically the entire movie, so you can spend $10 to watch it, or read my crappy, yet nice, review.
The movie starts off with two people, Jason and Maya(it sounded like) going through their day getting ready for the main character's, Rob, going away party. At the party the filmmaker, Jason, gives it to one of his friends, Gus(sounded like Gus) to "document" the party. Gus asks a lot of the party goers to make testimonies to Rob. Rob then gets in a "bf and gf" fight with , i don't remember her name, but we will call her, Elizabeth. Elizabeth leaves and Jason 'n Gus try to calm Rob down. Thats when the quake hits. Everyone watches the news, then rushes upstairs, bomb, back downstairs to the street, and watches the head of the statue come crashing down. They decide to join a crowd and take Brooklyn bridge out of the city. The monster steps over the bridge and takes it out with his tail, also taking out Jason. The gang heads back into the city and Rob franticly searches for a place to get a hold of Elizabeth. They get into an electronic store and the camera focuses in on a t.v. It shows part of the monster, little monsters dropping from it, and the Army attacking the monsters. They head out into the street and have to rush into a nearby subway tunnel to avoid being blown to bits by the army or being crushed by the bigger monster. (This monster, its bigger then like a 10 story building.) This is when you get a really good look at the monster. The most ugliest thing I have ever seen. The people rush down into the station. At this point its just 4 people. Rob, Maya, Gus, and one more of the party goers that Gus has a crush on, we will call her Lin(I don't remember the actual name.) They decide to walk down the tunnels to a nearby station where Rob, obsessed with finding Elizabeth, hopes he can get closer to her house. They are walking down the tunnel when they notice the rats, a lot of them, running the same direction they are walking. Rob tells Gus to turn on the night vision and gets in front of the camera to turn it on for him. The night vision goes on and you see the little monsters. Gus yells run and everyone is like, "What is it?" Gus just yells run again and everyone takes off with the little ones in hot pursuit. One of them gets a hold of Lin and Rob kicks it off while one jumps onto the camera. Lin beats the shit out of it with a pipe, or an ax (doesn't matter), and the continue to run down the tunnel and into a nearby station. They wait it out in the station and tend to Lin's wounds. She has huge gashes in her right shoulder. They decide to go out into the station and continue down the street the come on. They get into the station lobby and are stopped by the Army. They are taken into the little Army station they have set up there, and Lin starts saying she feels bad. The camera focuses in on her and she is crying blood. One of the surgeons there yells that they have a bite and the Army takes Lin behind a curtain, which you can conveniently see the shadows of the inhabitants. You see the surgeon look at her, and blood splatters all over the curtain. They are dragged away by the Army (just Rob, Maya, and Gus now.) There one of the sergeants tells them where they are and how far it is they need to go to get to Elizabeth's place. He also tells them that the Government is using the Hammer strategy, thats if biggy doesn't go down before 0600, the city will be taken out. They run to Elizabeth's place and see that her building is leaning onto another building. The run up the other building and cross over to her building on the roof. They find her and she is alive, but under rubble. The pull the rubble off and look out the window, thats when they see biggy again. They quickly run back across the roof and down the steps, after taking out one of the little ones that drops from the ceiling. The run down the street next to a highway ramp on. They are running and explosions go off behind them, biggy is back and under fire from the military. They group, Rob, Maya, Gus, and Elizabeth get to a military station that has choppers waiting to take passengers out of the city. Maya gets into a chopper but it is full so the other three have to wait for the next one. It gets there and they get on. After they get off the ground they get a sky view of biggy. Gus points the camera up and we see a military bomber. It scores directly onto biggy and for the moment.... it seems like biggy finally went down. Thats when he jumps out of the bomb debris cloud and takes a hold of the chopper that the group is in. The chopper goes down and miraculously, the group survives. Thats when Rob and Elizabeth start yelling. Gus looks up and biggy is starring directly at Gus. Biggy takes a bite out of Gus and drops the top half of him, and the camera, to the ground. Rob and Elizabeth grab the camera and run. The hide under a bridge and say their parting words to the camera. An explosion rocks the ground off-screen and the bridge comes down.

The movie was good in my opinion.

Pros:
-awesome story line.
-killer graphics, these monsters will haunt me tonight in my dreams.

Cons:
-A big budget film and they can't even afford a freaking camera stand. The camera shakes around violently at times.
-The ending sucks
-The monster.... wtf was it? Government fuck up? Aliens? I WANNA KNOW..... and no Abrams, I am not watching two more seasons of Lost just to find out.

Final Grade --- A nice 4.5 out of 5

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
i havnt watched the movie yet but my frend showed me this
Spoiler!
cloverfield-monster-picture.jpg
HOLY SH1T ITS FKIN TANK !!!

undeadorcjerk

Reaction score
not even close. google doesn't have anything on it yet either.... ah hell. Its fuckin wierd, like i was thinking Godzilla.... nuh uh. Much more out of this world alien then lizard

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
the movie was like godzilla meets the blair witch project, then weirdness. But it was ok somehow.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
not even close. google doesn't have anything on it yet either.... ah hell. Its fuckin wierd, like i was thinking Godzilla.... nuh uh. Much more out of this world alien then lizard

I took some video of the monster, CONTAINS SPOILERS(If you're reading this late, it might be flagged and removed, let's hope not).

I enjoyed the movie, though I didn't like the end and I thought it was EXTREMELY short.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Movie was soo fricking awesome. 11/10

I will write my opinion tommorw when Im not dead tierd.

undeadorcjerk

Reaction score
it was short, it did have a crappy ending, AND THAT IS THE MONSTER!

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
it was short, it did have a crappy ending, AND THAT IS THE MONSTER!

crappy ending? The ending is what made the movie so good.

So frickin' spoiler here:
At the end:

the monster attacks the helicopter and it goes down, then the guy with the camera ends up dead.
Then Rob and Beth run into that small tunnel thing with the camera. They do thier last goodbuys and the city gets leveled, nuked it would seem. Then it shows what remained on the video.

It was Rob and Beth at a fair, and in the background you see something falling from the sky into the ocean.

And at the end if you reverse the gibberish you hear Rob say "It's alive"
--------------------------
Its not your standard "Here is all the answers, here is your happyness, here is everything being ok." And thats why it so awesome.

undeadorcjerk

Reaction score
crappy ending? The ending is what made the movie so good.

So frickin' spoiler here:
At the end:

It was Rob and Beth at a fair, and in the background you see something falling from the sky into the ocean.

o_O

i missed that.

sqrage

Reaction score
>>crappy ending?

The ending was lame. There was only 1 major event that happened in the movie, that was them going to rescue the chick from her apartment. That's all that happened in the movie!

I woulda at least wanted some more to it. It feels like the movie was only 20 minutes long, it had no detail or anything. The only thing it was good for in my opinion was the action.

>>AND THAT IS THE MONSTER!

If you mean the picture, no it's not..

undeadorcjerk

Reaction score
no, the video you posted. that was the monster.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Ummm actually

If you read the website, the thing falling was a sattelite, because the falling of the sattelites were what caused the monster (who had been dormant on the bottom of the sea for years) to stir

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Ummm actually

If you read the website, the thing falling was a sattelite, because the falling of the sattelites were what caused the monster (who had been dormant on the bottom of the sea for years) to stir

I said something, not the monster. ;)

Reaction score
ahh wtf is ther a video of the thing falling from the sky? I didnt seem to notice the stuff at the fair.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Its kinda hard to see I guess

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8ff9MsgivM

sqrage

Reaction score
It's just a boat.

I was specifically looking for it when I was watching the movie cuz I heard about it.

Just a boat.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Meh, I really wanna see this movie, but it ain't released in cinema in Sweden yet.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.