Environment Cocaine users 'making global warming worse'

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Cocaine users were last night accused of helping to make global warming worse.

MPs on the home affairs select committee said the drug was devastating Colombian rainforests because trees are knocked down to grow coca plants.

Group chairman Keith Vaz said: "We were horrified to learn for every few lines of cocaine snorted in a London club, four square metres of rainforest is destroyed."

Last edited:

AnthraxXx

Reaction score
You can't be serious. smd global warming.

If global warming were true and I hope you aren't gullible, then why have there been unprecedented floods in Australia lately?

And that iceberg that floated across the ocean, that is not global warming! If it were, the iceberg would have melted, for it to have travelled that far still intact means something... Oh wait, yeah!

EDIT: I wonder what's next?

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
You can't be serious. smd global warming.

If global warming were true and I hope you aren't gullible, then why have there been unprecedented floods in Australia lately?

And that iceberg that floated across the ocean, that is not global warming! If it were, the iceberg would have melted, for it to have travelled that far still intact means something... Oh wait, yeah!

EDIT: I wonder what's next?

Many scientist spend there whole lives studying global warming.
They travel all of the world and look at evidence.
They collect core samples to study in labratories.
They analyze air samples and migration patterns and early earth climate and spend millions of dollars to study its effects. They generate computer models.
All these PhD's and Grad students and mathameticians work there whole lives to understand this phenomena. And even with the collective work of hundreds of thousands of scientist, they still do not have a full understanding of such a complex system. But the evidence is overwhelming.

All this dedication, all this talent.

Then of course you have 17 year old kids like this,
who probably can't even pass thier Algebra 2 test,
think they are an expert on Global Climate.

or wait maybe i'm just gullible

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
All/most scientists agree that there is global warming, but what the cause is debatable. There are still many good disputes on the cause of global warming. Warming is a process, like evolution and weathering.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Perhaps global warming is just part of a climate cycle. Perhaps Earth has greater seasons. Seasons within seasons.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Dunno. Where be them? Maybe after Global Warming, we'll get Global Autumn followed by Global Cooling (Ice Age). After that, Global Spring and Global Warming. (Restart Cycle)

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
All/most scientists agree that there is global warming, but what the cause is debatable. There are still many good disputes on the cause of global warming. Warming is a process, like evolution and weathering.

Well, cutting down trees still contributes to air pollution (through loss of trees and the machinery required to cut them down, transportation, etc.), and I think it is safe to say that air pollution is a good enough reason not to go cutting down all the trees in the world.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Being environmentally aware is the new hip thing, so it's no surprise they are trying to say it contributes to global warming. 9 years ago if you did coke or smoked weed, you were feeding terrorist organizations.

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
Many scientist spend there whole lives studying global warming.
They travel all of the world and look at evidence.
They collect core samples to study in labratories.
They analyze air samples and migration patterns and early earth climate and spend millions of dollars to study its effects. They generate computer models.
All these PhD's and Grad students and mathameticians work there whole lives to understand this phenomena. And even with the collective work of hundreds of thousands of scientist, they still do not have a full understanding of such a complex system. But the evidence is overwhelming.

All this dedication, all this talent.

Then of course you have 17 year old kids like this,
who probably can't even pass thier Algebra 2 test,
think they are an expert on Global Climate.

Totally agreed. Why are some people so ignorant? It surprises me to no extent...
Such idiocy, I can't believe it. And AnthraxXx, as for the iceberg thing, maybe if you used your pea sized brain to analyze the situation, the berg is seen in the ocean because global warming has caused glaciers to melt in huge chunks, and therefore they are able to make it so far into the ocean before melting... If there were no global warming, the glaciers will only fall off in tiny chunks and stay around their break-off location.

AnthraxXx

Reaction score
Hang on, so you mean to tell me, that a temperature difference of 1-2 degrees will wipe out entire ecosystems even though the daily temperature fluctuates over 10-20 or even more in places such as Siberia.

Then of course you have Al Gore's Inconvenient Truth bullshit that had no evidence or keys on the graphs, in which we analysed and was banned in Australian teaching curriculum because it was highly convoluted.

Not to mention the scientists in America who are offering $1 000 000 reward to anyone who can offer solid evidence that Global Warming exists.

Ninva and Sevion touched on the fact that it was a cycle, this is entirely plausible. As for the fact that WE are a direct cause of 'Global Warming', there is no possible way. It is all natural.

Please sir, tell me otherwise.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Hotter is for the better, since ice cubes will make the water level rise, and the temperature is so hot.

Everyone will be swimming and half naked.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Totally agreed. Why are some people so ignorant? It surprises me to no extent...
Such idiocy, I can't believe it. And AnthraxXx, as for the iceberg thing, maybe if you used your pea sized brain to analyze the situation, the berg is seen in the ocean because global warming has caused glaciers to melt in huge chunks, and therefore they are able to make it so far into the ocean before melting... If there were no global warming, the glaciers will only fall off in tiny chunks and stay around their break-off location.
See, this is the problem with people like you. Anyone who even so much as slightly questions your theory gets branded a heretic and is "ignorant". You probably think all terrorists are psycopathic madmen who really believe they're going to get 72 virgins in heaven :rolleyes:

Honestly though? I think global warming does exist - but not to the extent people claim. England has just had it's coldest winter in over 50+ years and last year we hardly saw the sun in summer. I beg to differ that global warming is as severe as the government spods say it is. And I really don't think we contribute as much as they claim (that is not to say we don't contribute anything at all).

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
It's the first page of posts and you're already flaming each other. We're done here.

There are debates on global warming in the debate zone, and if theres not, make one. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.