CoD discussion

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Yes you do, on occasion.

I was annoyed because I was trying to make a point.

That, and I utterly detest when people try to be clever by altering someone else's words.

"Putting words in their mouth", even.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Sargon said:
I'm sure that some people use banlists for their own maps, but DotA is the only one that has an OFFICIAL BANLIST (dun dun duuuuun!). It's also an absurd one, but that's beside the point.

Like I said, too my knowledge. Had I known of another one, I may have used that name instead. I don't see how that's the point, anyway, the basic message behind the words was "Please don't tell me you're using a banlist because someone else did", which he replied that he didn't and gave me reasons, thus there is no argument.

Sargon

Reaction score
Alexander said:
anyway, the basic message behind the words was "Please don't tell me you're using a banlist because someone else did",

And if you had just said that in the first place, I wouldn't have started yelling, either. Insults only serve to distract from the point of the post.

Edit: I call you a wise-ass? Ah, OK then. I honestly didn't remember if I had ever done so.

And Safari is a memory-leaking little bitch. I run it for an hour and it quadruples its memory use. What the hell?

DM Cross

Reaction score
And if you had just said that in the first place, I wouldn't have started yelling, either. Insults only serve to distract from the point of the post.

Don't yell at your monitor, that's mean.

I didn't exactly think that was qualified as an insult, but then again, perception is different with each person.

Edit: I call you a wise-ass? Ah, OK then. I honestly didn't remember if I had ever done so.

Do you? I just generally assume everyone has or does, since after all, I am.

And Safari is a memory-leaking little bitch. I run it for an hour and it quadruples its memory use. What the hell?

Safari's a dog? I thought it was an internet browser, how foolish of me :rolleyes:

Sargon

Reaction score
Eh, it wasn't an insult persay, but it was certainly hostile.

I don't remember calling you a smartass at any point. But I could be wrong. I guess if I really cared I could do a search for it or something. But I don't.

It's technically an internet browser, but it's acting more like an internet leaker at the moment. Seriously, if I leave it on overnight, my computer runs a lot slower in the morning (until I quit Safari). One time I checked the memory usage and it was up at something like 300 MB. Note that when you open it up, it's at about 30 MB. Somehow its memory use grew ten times over while it was just sitting there.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Sargon said:
It's technically an internet browser, but it's acting more like an internet leaker at the moment. Seriously, if I leave it on overnight, my computer runs a lot slower in the morning (until I quit Safari). One time I checked the memory usage and it was up at something like 300 MB. Note that when you open it up, it's at about 30 MB. Somehow its memory use grew ten times over while it was just sitting there.

Just remember:

Careful what you're feeling
On the inside
You should try to remember
The good times, and the highlights

^And a happy life you shall live^

...What?! You said something random, too!

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that song went

"If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, best to make an ugly woman your wife"

DM Cross

Reaction score
Sud said:

"If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, best to make an ugly woman your wife"

What 80's crap are you singing?

Cres

Reaction score
Alexander, do you have to make every damn thread you post in a flaming match, the last 1 3/4 pages are of you and sargon arguing... this is the only thread for CoD in TH stop spamming it

DM Cross

Reaction score
Sud said:

If he didn't seem to mind, I don't see why you should.

I wasn't flaming, which I explained, so why don't you READ those pages before you get in my face?

DM Cross

Reaction score
Ok, I'll admit I portray my opinion in a "hostile" way, but I'm not TRYING to flame anyone :D Heh, let's put it that way.

Anyway, if you really have a problem with the way I talk, or my "spam", shouldn't you PM me instead of spamming Sud's game discussion? :rolleyes:

Practice what ya preach, kiddo :)

Cres

Reaction score
If he didn't seem to mind, I don't see why you should.

Looks like we both agree :) kk lets go fight in another thread

A bit more on topic

What server/sn do you use when you play CoD Sud? i dont find you on east much

DM Cross

Reaction score
Oh, yeah suggestion:

Maybe having a few AI triggers?

I had them in VS for when people (such as myself) play solo. Since you'd only use the AI to play solo, you only need them for one hero on each side :D

Sud

Reaction score
When I'm on I'll generally go to east under some incognito name. Generally it's under Ogrepolitician. This is because people tend to want to talk rather than play if they know map creator's in the game.

I think I might just start announcing when I'm going to go and see if we can scrape people off here who want to take a break from fighting in threads to stomp on some unsuspecting public people.

Cres

Reaction score
Well, as for fighting in threads, no more for me, school starts tomorrow so i dont have all day to mess around with Alexander's mood :( o well...

A bit more on topic:

Today, i played with PB-and-J in a pubbie game, I played archer. We got owned very very bad lol. CoD really is much better than games like DotA, i was like 7-9 kills and 2 deaths in the end and our teammates werent so bad either (1 enemy left too), but we lost 2 towers early. Then, that was it, the creeps got the +2 damage upgrade and poof suddenly we lose another 6 towers and they get in our base. We kept top and bottom but we lost by far... The creeps were getting more annoying than the heroes (i mean like 88 damage...).

Moral of this story,
GET PUSHERS! well, our pushers werent really good, we had pala, archer, pyro, psi, and umm some other guy...

Sargon

Reaction score
Better yet, get the tower upgrade towers.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Did you say the paladin with an anti-building aura was a bad pusher?!

Or the Immolation aura type thing? And healing? And a stun/nuker?

Cres

Reaction score
Umm... Misunderstanding, Paladin=good pusher This Paladin=bad pusher
I think PB and I were the only ones who bought the healing station
The paladin thought he could go back to base and heal, upon returning, he lost 2 towers. Then, he didnt learn his lesson and tried to fountain again... We lost the entire Mid Bottom.
Im talking about alliance paladin, not Anti-Paladin

Sud

Reaction score
Both Paladin and Anti-Paladin are good pushers - paladin represses his lane with faith aura and damages towers with judgement aura, anti-paladin weakens towers with desiccation and can destroy them with his ultimate (the 4 units plus normal units plus the bloodlust off war I've seen antis solo bases with).

Don't take chances - buy town portal scrolls, and build defensive buff towers (and geez, no running to the fountain when 3 people are pushing a lane, if you have a choice between dying and letting a tower die, take the death). For the price of a tier 2 item, your defensive towers can have +2 hp a second hp regen, +8 armor, +40% damage, and 20 melee reflect.

It doesn't hurt to have a hero good on defense either, such as Goblin or Architect.

Anyone want to play right now? I'll use architect and you'll never see us lose a single tower ever heh.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.