CoD discussion

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
Anyone besides me playing CoD? I've been hosting games almost non-stop on USeast as of late in the evenings.

If you play, what're your favorite heroe/item builds?

I've been playing Architect lately, mainly for his defensive power. Architect can end most pushes with minimal teammate support (for when they wise up and start using spells to take down architect towers). Putting up all 4 defense passive towers (fortified defenses, spiked defenses, enhanced defenses, and regenerating masonry) owns too, as gyros are pretty decent farming.

When I feel like busting things up, Necro is my favorite offensive hero. Bonewall is the ultimate trap, hordlings are scary, and bone spirit owns. Wither is also insanely useful when you got something like an Executioner or Antipaladin trying to chase you down.

Favorite STR hero is Sea Captain. Ocean Spray makes casters pay and Armada just owns so bad.

Sargon

Reaction score
I actually haven't played it yet. You going to be hosting it tonight? If so, I'll gladly join in and try it out.

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
I played a single version to try it out earlier today :p I accidentally picked the pyro instead of his question mark, rofl.

He was really cool, I loved the flame wall, the ghouls would clump around a crusader and then BAM and they all die >D

The units got too uber after they'd killed the first few towers. After that, it is pretty much over ---> it becomes a snowball effect where units keep killing towers and getting stronger until they do more damage than my hero, lol.

Maybe the unit types could be upgraded when they kill a fortress? Perhaps the archerers could become rangers and then marksmen, the footmen could become swordsmen and then elitists, etc. :p

Sargon

Reaction score
I'm betting that the snowball effect is partly due to the fact that you're the only hero in the field.

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Ya, that was probably a major reason --- even one hero agaisnt me would have stopped the tower-killing snowball of doom :p

Sud

Reaction score
A lot of heroes can take out towers quite easily if left alone to their own designs, but there is a lot you can do. There are 4 types of user towers that you can build to strengthen your objective towers (and they're quite affordable too) - I believe I mentioned them in the post above. Failing that you can always repair with a peasant, or just push hard likewise to keep the creep strengths equal. That's the nature of an objective based map, gives you something other than hero killing to think about.

I've been playing on west tonight, name TheDONGSofwar if you wanted to see if I was in. Doing a quick update to fix a broken item right now but will be back at it in around 15ish mins.

Sargon

Reaction score
OK, I'm Sargon14 on both West and East, so I'll be around those servers somewhere.

Sud

Reaction score
Anyone try the Anti-Paladin yet? That hero is badass

Sargon

Reaction score
One thing about the map: Is there a way to make the ability sounds not play at full volume no matter where you are on the map?

For that matter, which ability is the one that has the guy yelling stuff like "LIGHTNING BOLT!" and "I'LL MAKE YOU DEAD!" or whatever it is?

Sud

Reaction score
Yeah, adjust your volume control :p

Heh well other than that I could resample the sounds at a lower level perhaps.

The ability is the Dark Conjurer's Ultimate, summon Tel'Arin. He says "Animate Dead" "Teleport" "Lightning Bolt" and "Fireball".

He's from an old D&D arcade game: http://jonc101.tripod.com/SOM/images/screens/elfBattleHalf.gif and has all his abilities intact from that game. Really good push/group battle nuker, he gives the Dark Conj some offense to back up his item creation skills.

I'm personally glad I can hear him. The advance notice before he starts going in raping up towers is a blessing.

Here's a replay maybe you'll like if you're bored - you need CoD v1.91 to watch it. We had some leavers but it ended up being a pretty decent 3v3, Cleric/Architect/Sea Captain vs Executioner/Stormreaver/Anti-Paladin

Attachments

• [CoD1.91] cleric of deth.w3g
    255.4 KB · Views: 437

Cres

Reaction score
CoD is a great game :) archer is 1337 though because all you ahve to get is sniperchill and then ownage to your serpents blade and worldslayer :) ownage

Sud

Reaction score
Archer does own, though I predict that as people become better at the game Archer will be less picked because people will want a balance between hero killers, support, and tower seigers.

Archer is run and gun type gameplay, and it is not quite up to par when it comes to a forced battle environment late game, where the nukers really start to show what they can do.

Sonic arrow starts to peter out at later levels somewhat. It's still good vs int heroes all game, but for strength heroes tends to become a finisher or extra dps if you're good with "groove casting" (basically what I call someone who can alternate normal attacks with spell cast, this is something you see happening on heroes like Archer or Stormreaver).

Tranq arrow is your best ability in group vs group, but if the enemy group is perceptive enough, they'll back off until the effect ends and continue their assault.

Archers always tend to get a tad overconfident early game too. I've beat them back with some of the worst matchups, such as Psionicist, just based on the fact that I can detonate them to an inch of their life in 1-2 casts (being as Archer doesn't fly up the strength per level tree). Sonic arrow is nice, but smart players know to keep their distance and to keep dodging, so you don't need to be making extended trips to the healing station.

You know what really owns archer though is Necro. Bone wall, bashing undead, and bone spirit (and withering touch if you are close enough). Ouch.

Sud

Reaction score
Hey all,

I recently added a whole bunch of CoD 1.92 replays to the download section of the CoD forum (http://dasud.proboards7.com) including a very entertaining replay of the Forest Troll Trapper netting people left right and center into nasty traps!

An entertaining watch to be sure. If you don't have CoD, you can find it on the tutorial site hosted maps section, or on the aforementioned link.

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
I just pled Cod w/ archer by myslef 2day. I got 1 tower in about 10 mins then worldsayer in about another 5 0-o.(kinda wired face anyhow...) Ya like it was said b4 the snowball. After about 10 more mins the creeps killed about 4 tower withing 5 secs. It was hilarious!:)

Sud

Reaction score
Hey you're supposed to play it with teams not beat up on the poor creeps!

If you really want to rock on towers, pick a pusher hero, such as the Giant, Necro, Dark Conj, or Anti-Paladin.

This is what you get when you kill a tower btw:

Human:
Rifleman - +3 damage
Rifleman - +4 hitpoints

Footman - +2 damage
Footman - +8 hitpoints

Undead:
Ghoul - +4 damage
Ghoul - 2% increased attack speed
Ghoul - 1% increased movement speed

Skeleton Archer - +3 damage
Skeleton Archer - 1% increased attack speed
Skeleton Archer - 1% increased move speed

The creeps match up with each other quite nicely at equal levels of upgrades, but a one or two (or even 4) tower difference isn't going to make a huge deal. You can all but remove the advantage by throwing up a regenerating masonry tower for 1500 gold (this gives towers a +2 hp a second regen, which nullifies the creep's damage). For more stressful situations, the other three tower buffing towers (fortified defenses, enhanced defenses, and spiked defenses) are your friends.

The towers are meant to be fought over and defended, which is why they can be repaired and augmented. The presence of the towers and their importance to the game is one of the thing that allows for hero diversity in CoD, where there can be heroes specializing in defending, or pushing, unlike something like dota where the best hero killers, stunners, and AoErs reign supreme.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
...Regenerating...Masonry?! How come I never saw that!

At only 1500 gold? What a steal! :D

Sud

Reaction score
I had this one dumb architect on my team get a regenerating masonry tower and an enhanced defenses tower. He put them, of all places, at the top left base right at the entrance at the base. The enemy pyro had lots of fun throwing fireballs at him and making him waste 2750 gold. He also firewalled the guy's peasant for good measure.

Sargon

Reaction score
I personally only ever build user towers in the main base. By the time they can get to them, you've probably lost anyway.

Sargon

Reaction score
This isn't a double post, my last post here was an hour ago.

So...anyone want to play CoD right now?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.