CoD group finding

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
I will be playing shortly, hosting a new version I'm about to put out. Will have a new item, and of course the changes I made to the version last night, which includes the new capturable gold expansions.

edit: going on east now as ogrepolitician

T

TOC_Cid

awwwwww,

East? you suck, nah im just kidding, would it make me lag if i made an accnt on east, but i live in west canada?

Sud

Reaction score
I live in BC, so, no.

You'll actually find all the asia realm people are on West, adding their weird asian language AOS in with the dota games. That'll all you'll find on West, dota and ... games

east is the realm for custom maps

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
uh, i think you have realms mixed up there, back when i played on west there was only custom games, maybe 1/10th dota. then in east, there were 1/3 of them normal games, half DotA, and the rest blizzard made custom games.

Sud

Reaction score
had a look at west recently?

dominated utterly by dota and that asian aos

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
2/9 DotA
3/9 UTV (that asian aos)
1/9 Fakes (games you can't join, hosted by people (or even bots?) that just keep hosting to annoy people because every time they try to join such a game, they have to restart warcraft because warcraft just sits there and waits for the host/bot to let it join, with no time-out)
1/9 Boring td's (well, I think they are boring, ever played 2005 td? I think it's crap)
1/9 Good custom games

That's how U.S. West was today :S

T

TOC_Cid

Huh, I never knew that, ima check out east right now

Hey Sud, what is your East account called?

Sud

Reaction score
usually ogrepolitician

T

TOC_Cid

Ok then, add me to your friends list and maybe we can play CoD.

Name is Judge_Cid@Azeroth or Judge_Cid@Lordaeron

Sud

Reaction score
New CoD released. Get it here: http://dasud.proboards7.com/index.cgi?board=CODDownload&action=display&thread=1114742361

Champions of Durance 2.10

- Serpent Strike chance to proc increased to 14%, up from 6%
- Serpent Blade Naga/Ward proc chance increased to 7%, up from 6%
- Serpent Blade ward hp increased to 400 (so they aren't first target), but spell immunity removed
- Avernus procs will no longer occur on buildings (nor will vamps)
- Celestial Staff info moved into the Tier 3 store
- Ocean Spray crushing wave damage increased to 75/100/125/150, up from 50/75/100/125
- Ocean Spray column of water damage increased to 200, up from 150
- Fear and Loathing black arrow duration increased to 5 seconds, up from 2
- Demon Enforcer now has the ability to proc Celestial Staff effects. It takes full advantage of the staff, and any bonuses that come with tradeskilling, or owning a clover.

The demon casts its spells at the following modifiers:
* Rain of Fire - %125 normal chance for proc
* Carrion Swarm - %125 normal chance for proc
* War Stomp - %100 normal chance for proc
* Antimagic Shell - %50 normal chance for proc
- 4 Horsemen Death's Coil now grows more damaging with level, doing 100/125/150/175 damage a cast
- 4 Horsemen Conquest's curse mana cost reduced to 30, down from 40
- Captured enemy technologies now upgrade with every tower you kill. This means that human coalition can build flesh monstrousities/wraiths/int devs without upgrade penalty and pact of darkness can build crusaders/sharpthrowers/spell shruggers without upgrade penalty
- Stench of Steven class items have been converted to an aura-like effect and the damage doesn't "stick" with the unit when it escapes the AoE. The Intolerable Stinkiness skill still functions as it did previously. These two effects will now stack.
- Silkweave mana gain increased to 8/10 per attack, clover adds 2/4 bonus mana recovered per attack.
- Rex's Bark and Howl effects increased to 40%, up from 25%
- New Hero: Capitalistic Bureaucrat
- The new hero can be picked from the new Neutral hero choosing area which is just north of the bottom right gold mine (undead gold mine)
- New Item: Greaves of the Barbarian Tyrants
- New Item: Pestilence
- New Item: Helm of Contagion
- New Item: Imbued Helm
- New Item: Helm of Unconditional Blessings
- New Item: Sanctuary
- New Custom Tower: Blows of Conviction (Level 2)
- New Custom Tower: Blows of Conviction (Level 3)
- New Custom Tower: Grave Tempo (Level 2)
- New Custom Tower: Grave Tempo (Level 3)
- New Custom Tower: Spiked Defenses (Level 2)
- New Custom Tower: Enhanced Defenses (Level 2)
- New Custom Tower: Regenerating Masonry (Level 2)
- New Custom Tower: Fortified Defenses (Level 2)
- All new custom towers can be upgraded by clicking on them and selecting the next tower upgrade (it will be a clickable picture of the tower itself. It costs gold to upgrade a custom tower to an improved variant).

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Sud said:
usually ogrepolitician
lol yer ogrepolitician? ROFL. you posted some pretty retarted stuff on wc3 GC forums, then. heheh.

Cres said:
I cant fint cod games anymore
yah, every1 got bored of it. too imbalanced and unfinished. just needs some bloody work. Not to mention development team needs a smaller ego, they think they are pharaohs.

Sargon

Reaction score
uberfoop said:
Not to mention development team needs a smaller ego, they think they are pharaohs.

ROFL! Two things. One, the development team consists of one person. Two, from following that conversation, I can safely say that you BOTH need smaller egos. It was like watching two ogres beat each other over the head with clubs.

Just saying.

Oh, and as for imbalances, it's not really all that imbalanced, once you get to playing it. Only thing is that it can be hard to find balanced teams, but that's not the map, that's the noobs, and there isn't much one can do about them. It is battle.net, after all.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Sargon said:
Oh, and as for imbalances, it's not really all that imbalanced, once you get to playing it. Only thing is that it can be hard to find balanced teams, but that's not the map, that's the noobs, and there isn't much one can do about them. It is battle.net, after all.
Its a rock-paper-scissors balance system. sure, each hero has equal amounts of strengths and weaknessess, but there are heroes that just plain POON other heroes. giving each hero the same amount of "weights" in strength isnt the same as acualy balancing them. To be balanced, every hero needs to have some way of being able to at least kinda/sorta fight any other hero in a lane.

btw as for big ego, i was stating facts, not pressing an opinion that "cod adds skill to the aos map category", because EVERY aos map says it takes more skill then the others. if you just take the opinions straight from the maker without acual facts supporting it, it will always be wrong. btw, by "facts" i dont mean 'zomg manual-aimed nukes=skill' because that is an opinion.

the reason i left the arguement was cuz sud was too stupid to even get the point. and manual-aimed nukes were really the only thing reminescent of cod taking more 'skill'. which i dont agree with because casting a shockwave where a hero will be isnt much different then casting a tangle on the hero, except that its liable to miss for natural reasons, like a hero that is obsessed with going clickity-click-click all over the lane. so really, IMO, manual-aimed nukes really just add a 'luck' factor.

of course, i said all that on that forum, and nobody would even consider or provide acual points to prove me wrong, simply kept stating irrelevant opinions (in short, sud was dodging remarks george-bush style). so i left.

-thats the last post ill ever make on that topic, ive decided its pointless to argue things with deluded people. it doesnt matter how good a mapmaker you are, its possible to be wrong, if some1 proves what i just said wrong, i will admit its wrong, because its obvious it was wrong if you can state good reasons why it is wrong. avoding statements about accuracy is silly and will get you nowhere. like how blizzard is ignoring the fact that every1 is complaining about how bear/dryad is imba.

--nuff said

3nvy

uberfoop said:
-thats the last post ill ever make on that topic, ive decided its pointless to argue things with deluded people. it doesnt matter how good a mapmaker you are, its possible to be wrong, if some1 proves what i just said wrong, i will admit its wrong, because its obvious it was wrong if you can state good reasons why it is wrong. avoding statements about accuracy is silly and will get you nowhere. like how blizzard is ignoring the fact that every1 is complaining about how bear/dryad is imba.

--nuff said

You aren't right, and you aren't wrong.

This is your opinion, and that is his.

-3nvy

Sargon

Reaction score
3nvy said:
You aren't right, and you aren't wrong.

This is your opinion, and that is his.

-3nvy

That pretty much sums it up.

Topic dropped!

Cres

Reaction score
im dissappointed in you sargon ^^ nevermind that, where can i find Cod games that arent pure noob bashing?

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
find a clan that plays IH games of CoD. as with other maps that were popular at at least soem time or another, theres gunna be groups of people interested. if you can host you could create a CoD clan.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
its been out for a lil while. if there arent any clans, it probably means there isnt much of a chance to get a decent game going anyway. this is true for just about all maps.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.