System CodeGen - Save and Load

Dark

Reaction score
I know !
It work but that load 9 item but I saved 6 items...
It create a Frost mage lvl 6 but I was lvl 175

Dynamis

Reaction score
So with using this, my game only loads one of the saved items for some reason. =( I saved a hero with 2 items, it only loaded one. Attempted it again, this time with 4 items, and it still only loaded the first one. =/

Sorry for the question, I am sure I screwed the save part up somehow by adding in 14 items. (Replaced the original with ones from my map & increased how many there are.)

Dynamis

Reaction score
Just wait until I release 0.03, all these bugs should be fixed.

Not to pester you, but is there an ETA on the release of 0.03? (I am in no rush, just curious how often I should check back! =)!) Also, thank you very much for even creating this, it is very helpful to those who are ignorant with this sort of thing.

Reaction score
Not to pester you, but is there an ETA on the release of 0.03? (I am in no rush, just curious how often I should check back! =)!) Also, thank you very much for even creating this, it is very helpful to those who are ignorant with this sort of thing.

Whenever I'm not lazy. Making these kinds of systems are not fun, especially debugging them.

Reaction score
I finally got around to fixing this (I hope).

Code:
Version 0.3
    -Rewrote Save/Load functions (fixing a common bug in which it would output wrong code).
    -Player name saving is more accurate.

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
Paste the code please : ).

The thing is not all of us have warcraft 3 on comps we are viewing your thread on :p, so for some of us, we totally have to change to a completely different computer just to see the code : O.

Azlier is normally on a comp without wc3 installed too, so it's a common happening on TH :d.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Trufax.
I'm actually currently without a PC period. I go a virus and had it taken away. It'll be a few more months until I have it back (it's been about two so far).

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
IsUpper and IsLower could be:
JASS:
function CG_IsLower takes string s returns boolean
    return StringCase(s, false) == s
endfunction

function CG_IsUpper takes string s returns boolean
    return StringCase(s, true) == s
endfunction

Also, why don't you use vJass? =|

Edit: You'd also need to add checking to ensure the character isn't a number in the functions I gave you above. Hopefully you'll be able to handle that yourself without 10 'or's.

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
It's looking pretty darn good

I'd still personally add random encryption as that'd only add one extra character, but that's just me : p.

I'd also personally do integer merging as that would save 1 or 2 characters : ).

Oh well, good job on some of the updates Trigger ; ). Looks very clean : D

Reaction score
I'd still personally add random encryption as that'd only add one extra character, but that's just me : p.

As of now the system stores a checksum of the entire code. so if you change 1 char the code won't work.

Thanks for the comments.

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
uh... the checksum would happen before encryption takes place.... thus the character is added after the checksum ;p

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
Aye, I'm just saying I have seen a quite a few people crack codes.

Open jass file

Look through string and get letter values
Locate checksum position

done ;o

Now random encryption still wouldn't be able to stop that tho ><. Only way to stop that is random scrambling + random encryption + checksum, lol, but not many people do what I said above anyways. Only the hardcore player cheater people do that ;o.

Also at that point, you could just add in some lines to the triggers and be done with it ><, lol.

Cheating is a hard thing to solve, so I guess all the extra security is kind of pointless as you and so many others have been saying ; )

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.