AoS CoK - Clash of Kalimdor

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
attachment.php

Alpha is now avaliable for download. Enjoy
Download Here

Recommended amount of players: 6 or 9

Please Keep in mind this is only Alpha and many things I have planned on adding are not in the game yet. This is just to give you a taste of what it is going to be like.

Also note that none of my partners work will be seen in this version but will be ready for beta :).

Overview
Clash of Kalimdor is an AOS map with 3 teams. Players are able to choose between siding with the orcs, humans, or night elves. There also 3 creep races. My main goal is to create a fun AOS map that involves teamwork, strategy and button-mashing(jk).

The map is currently made for 9 players in total but I may change this and go for 12 players and have the AI be colourless.

The terrain of the map is in the form of a star with 6 sides. 3 sides are occupied with the orcs, nightelves, and humans. The other three now contain the lanes (creep bosses removed). The middle area will now contain creeps and 4 towers. 3 minor and 1 major. These towers can be captured because each hero will receive a tower-capturing spell. The 3 minor towers will give simple team buffs when controlled: damage, attack speed, life and mana regen. The minor towers will take 5 seconds to capture. The major tower located in the middle does not give you any buffs, but instead immediatly let's you gain control of all the other towers. It will take between 10-20 seconds to capture

Gameplay
The max level of each hero is 30. Each hero has 3 normal abilities and an ultimate. The normal abilities can be learnt till level 4 and ultimates can reach up to 3 levels.

After players have chosen their heroes. Creeps will begin to send. There are 3 lanes. One leading to the center and 2 others leading towards enemy bases. Adjacent to your base will be a creep base. If your creeps can win a fight in the middle then they will proceed to the creep base.

In each the Orc, Human, and Nightelf base there are bosses:

Orc - Thrall
Nightelf - Cenarious
Human - King Terenas

These bosses are very powerful but if the boss you are fighting for dies than you lose. The last team standing wins the game.

The game is based mostly upon PvP. Most heroes have spells that require a great amount of teamwork to use but there are a few heroes meant to be "lone wolves".

Creeps send every 50 seconds and are not strong at all. Their main purpose is to take the hits from the bosses (who hit really hard) so that the heroes can take down the bosses without a deathwish. Of course when defending your main goal will be to take down the enemies killing your boss. Getting your boss to attack enemies is probably the fastest way to despose them. But often you will need to work as a team to stop enemies.

Each hero has a different role and abilities to compliment their role. Some heroes are built to destroy creeps quickly, others are to dispatch of heroes quickly, and some heroes have abilities for destroying bosses (abilities that do more damage as the duration increases). Each role has it's strengths and weaknesses. Creating balanced teams of heroes who compliment each others abilities.

Gameplay will revolve around the capturing of the towers, especially the middle one. Capturing the middle tower will give the team 5% bonus to damage and attack speed and increase health and mana regeneration by 6 points. Since 3 teams will be brawling it out for the towers, I have decided to make capture time fairly short.

Screenshots
Elune's Shire
CoKScreenie1.jpg

Some Terrain
CoKScreenie2.jpg

Moar Terrain :)
CoKScreenie3.jpg

Even more...
CoKScreenie4.jpg

Last one
CoKScreenie5.jpg

Progress
Beta has a lot of things so nothing will be coming up for a while.

Right now the only thing I need help on is making spells. If you wish to help out go to the following link: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=141442

Credits
This list is currently in-progress. I am adding major contributions right now. And banner people :p
Weep, Glenphir and skyblade333huge spell help

Banner - skyblade333

This is my first map submission so don't shoot me down. Advice and constructive criticism will be greatly appreciated.

Avaleirra

Changelog
12/17/09 - Announced!
12/18/09 - Terrain Posted
12/24/09 - New Gameplay and terrain official. Merry Christmas!
01/03/10 - Added Screenshots... Alpha is coming soon!
01/18/10 - Alpha released. Enjoy

Attachments

• CoK Banner 7.jpg
    CoK Banner 7.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 795

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds quite good.

however you may change the bosses to Thrall, Jaina (or Admiral Proudmoore), Tyrande Whisperwind because King Terenas never fought and Cenarius got killed in the campaign. (i know he got killed by the orcs but i would still prefer tyrande)

Could you show some screens about the terrain (minimap) because i would like to see what kind of "star" form would it be like.

by the way, good luck

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback :).

I was thinking of making Jaina and Tyrande bosses but I am planning to use their models for heroes so I decided to use Cenarious and King Terenas instead.

I will post a screeny of the terrain ASAP. I'm banned from the computer right now so when I get a chance, I will :D.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
what will the fighting be about? rather like killing unlimited amounts of creeps with a single ability or rather very few but strong creeps?
and PvP? will heroes deal high amounts of health so you would have to kill the enemy fast before he is able to kill you or rather many planned out strikes?

and for the abilitys, are they rather those standart "deal high amount of damage and etc etc etc" abilitys or more like using them in the right combination to be effective?

try to give us some information on what makes your game unique.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
what will the fighting be about? rather like killing unlimited amounts of creeps with a single ability or rather very few but strong creeps?
and PvP? will heroes deal high amounts of health so you would have to kill the enemy fast before he is able to kill you or rather many planned out strikes?

and for the abilitys, are they rather those standart "deal high amount of damage and etc etc etc" abilitys or more like using them in the right combination to be effective?

try to give us some information on what makes your game unique.

Added.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
I may change this and go for 12 players and have the AI be colourless.
Is it possible to have 3 Neutral-controlled players? I think some of the Neutral players react badly to receiving damage and/or taking orders, so this may not be possible (I can't say for certain though)

Creeps send every 50 seconds and are not strong at all. Their main purpose is to take the hits from the bosses (who hit really hard) so that the heroes can take down the bosses without a deathwish
Sounds like the creeps won't last long at all - will they have a decent amount of health to be able to take a few hits from the boss units, or will they just be there for the sake of giving you a few seconds of damage time?

Also, the acronym is, well... amusing, to say the least :D Perhaps you could find a better word instead of clash (maybe 'struggle'?)

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
I was waiting for someone to notice the acronym :D.

"Hey guys, wanna go play some CoK?"
"Dude, I can't find any screenshots of CoK..."
"We should post a replay of our CoK game last night."

Creeps will become stronger over time. They are there to buy you a few seconds of time to damage bosses.

And about the 12 player thing. I'm not too sure whether i'm going to do it.. it depends on how the gameplay turns out.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Lol thought you were referring to the South Park episode, Im using AIDS in my map :).

Still looking for feedback!

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
how is the progress doing? when will you be able to upload a first alpha version for us to see how the game may look like?

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Progress is slow. I am a perfectionist (sort of :p). I still have not made very many items and there are not enough heroes to my liking. I also still need to create creep camps.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
heroes and items are not that important, neither is multiplayer. for an alpha its enough for us to "see" how it will look like.
playing can wait till beta release.

yami-joey

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Banner completed!!

I've done the banner for your map :D

It's attached to this post.

Attachments

• Clash of Kalimdor.jpg
    Clash of Kalimdor.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 306

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Kk thank you!

Need more comments. So far I only have 2 people...

EDIT: posting banner later... I'm on iPod :p

yami-joey

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Ooh wow I'm in the Credits list now. Thanks :D

I added the orange blue and green colors in the banner because orange stands for orc, blue for human and green for nightelf ;)

This one seems like an interesting map because it focuses on protecting your "boss", which is interesting. The lane is also quite unique (three teams fight!)

I am looking forward to playing the game, keep it up! Sorry if I can't help you any further. But if you want a new banner (You could send me some screenshots of the map, I'll add those for the banner), just tell me ok??

and I almost forgot...please do check out my map as well (here. Thanks!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.