AoS CoK - Clash of Kalimdor

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Hmm? What buff stacking :p

Update

school starts tomorrow so progress will slow down from the insane speed it was at. Still expecting about 3-8 days.

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Yeah, my spell packs will come in slower these days. School already started. Btw, buff stacking as in, if you cast multiple spells it will override the previous spell. Like Entropy overrides Mark of Pandora effect.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
@skyblade333
Oh wow. Didn't know about the overriding buff thing. Could you fix that please :)?

Btw all your work will appear in the beta so sorry for not including in Alpha :(, Im just trying to reduce release time.

Update
School started today and already progress has returned to
it's snail-like pace. Just finishing up items now and then it's bug checking and removing memory leaks that I missed.

Estimated time - 1-2 weeks.

yami-joey

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Estimated time - 1-2 weeks.

Can't wait. I hope it's fun :D

Will there be any stuff to do even when you're not playing with anyone? I can't seem to get bnet to work so I play AI. :D

Manbatapus

Reaction score
Oh, you should look up Garena. It's like B.net, except you can actually find peoples games. It's much less frustrating that battle net.

Manbatapus

Reaction score
By the way, I'll be posting some battle reports here soon, and once alpha comes out, I would encourage other people to do the same, in the spirit of trying to iron out glitches. I'm a friend of Ava's from where he lives, just to elaborate.

Manbatapus

Reaction score
First Battle Report! As it is, anyway. We didn't quite finish.

So, it was 2v2, Avaleirra (or wigglesnapper as he's known on garena) and his friend oFlanagan, and me and another friend, SupaDtron. So, Ava and oFlanagan picked Pheonix Guard and Zombie respectively, with me and SupaDtron picking Tuskarr chieftain and Fel Orc General respectively.

So, I got spirit link first, this crazy spell that connects you and another unit with a magic line that damages enemies and heals allies that it touches! So, I was laning against Pheonix Guard, who is incredibly OP in my opinion, but hey, balancing'll come around soon. I harassed him to half health with spirit link, but then he cast this spell that drags your hero towards him while draining mana, then he auto-attacked to near death, so I ran back to fountain. I might add that I didn't buy items all game, probably why I wasn't doing so great.

At the same time, Supa had gone back to fountain, so we both decided to go mid to capture the spire, which captures all three minor towers respectively, but we got ambushed by Zombie and Pheonix. Zombie cast Shriek, summoning some 15 mini zombies that started killing us. Luckily, they have very little health, so I cast spirit link on one of Fel Orcs minions (he can summon 4 fel orc guys as a skill) and mopped them up, but by that point, we were already nearly dead, so Zombie and I ran for it. Fel Orc General and Pheonix were still fighting, and Supa nearly killed him, but Pheonix insta-killed him with this crazy arcane rush. Its a passive spell that after 40 attacks hits back with all the damage that he took. Pretty OP, just saying.

Afterwards, we sort of stopped caring about lanes and just tried to take tower (by this time Oflanagan had capped it) so we rushed mid. Unfortunately, they were waiting for us (again) and Shrieked (again). This time, Supa got caught in all of them, and I couldn't really do anything, so he got bludgeoned to death by a whole crap load of midget zombies. Kinda sucked, but I couldn't do much about it.

Unfortunately, we ran out of time and Oflanagan and Ava had to go, so we wrapped up there.

Stay tuned for the next one, and ask for anything that you guys want to hear about (that ava will let me tell you)

Manbatapus

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Maybe you might wanna read the rules.. because triple posting within 10 hours isn't really allowed..

Manbatapus

Reaction score
Oh, sorry. My bad.

Anyway, next battle report! This ones in a spoiler, because its pretty long.

CoK Battle Report # 2
1v1v1
Alliance players: Manbatapus-Master Guard
Horde players: Avaleirra/Wigglesnapper-Shadow
Sentinel players: Wazza-Fel Orc General

When we started, I went bottom lane and was laning against Shadow, (Horde is south). I had gotten Return first, a 10 second aura spell that deflects all damage back at any attackers, while reducing the damage taken by.. I think its 50% at first level, going up to 90%. No need to tell you about the OP-ness of that spell.

So, Master Guard is at his best when he creep skips, a term coined from DoTA. This is where you run in front of your creep wave so you can get kills quicker. This only works with tanking heroes, and Master Guard is definitely at the top of that list. So, I would run in the middle of the creeps, activate Return, get a ton of last hits while Ava was completely unable to anything without killing himself, as Master Guard also has more health then Shadow. Also, a glitch that is present in the current build is that the damage reflected also affects buildings.

So after defeating the creep wave I then walked up to the tower, activating Return, destroying it within 8 seconds. By this point, Ava had left lane and capped the Spire (mid-tower). I whipped back to base, bought some Lion Rings and a Burning Blade. Both are recipe-items (just introduced, woot), with Burning Blade adding 20 extra damage plus a 12 DoT, and Lion Ring increases health, damage and health regen. I went mid to cap the Spire only to be ambushed by both of them trying to kill me. If you read the last battle report, you’ll know that Fel Orc General can summon four minions that ramp up in power significantly through levels. However, another of Master Guards spells is perfect for countering this: Dragon Scales. It increases armour by a marginal amount, but any damage taken is reflected upon all nearby units. Might I also mention that at this time, none of Master Guards spells cost mana. Ava assures me this will be fixed incredibly soon.

Master Guards last two spells, I rarely use. His normal one is a spell you cast on allies to take damage for them, and his ult is something called last stand. When you die, you can choose to Last Stand or Reincarnate. If you last stand, you have two options. Wrath or Justice, wrath deals a load of damage (something like 600) while Justice heals for a load of damage (something like 1000).

So, while I couldn’t kill either of them, I pushed them back enough that I could cap middle tower, with them continuing to harass me as you are frozen in place while capping towers.

For awhile I pushed top lane towards Sentinel base, destroying both towers defending and farming for gold. I then returned to my base and bought three more Lion Rings and Kelen’s Dagger. If you play vanilla Warcraft, I assume you know what Kelen’s Dagger is. So, Master Guard was now essentially invincible, able to tank bosses damage for a short period of time while he had Return up, damaging the boss by about 7% each attempt. While I was doing this, Ava and Wazza would continue trying to kill me, succeeding twice (It may be more, Ava can confirm). I did die a couple other times by creeps when I was trying to run away. One attempt in particular was successful, while I was tanking Sentinels boss, Wazza came out from his fountain (He was Sentinel) and Ava came up behind me. I blinked away from the boss, trying to take as little damage as possible from Fel Orcs ‘Enforcers’, the last level of his minions, invisible, and able to deal a load of damage. Ava would keep on casting Sunder I think it was, which slows the target a lot while also decreasing damage. This didn’t matter, because I didn’t do much damage anyway, but still. I chased Ava because I could blink, but Shadow also has a blink spell, although it takes about a second to cast. After a long game of cat-and-mouse through the forest, they managed to slow, surround, then kill me.

The end result of this game was my victory, killing the Sentinel boss because of Return. Needless to say, he will receive the Nerfstick, very soon. I apologize for the length of this, but it was a pretty long game as far as ours go, taking about 25-30 minutes. Hope you enjoyed!

-Manbatapus

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Good job with the battle reports Manbatapus :thup:. Keep up the good work!

Update

Progress is very slow. But I'm almost done with neutral creeps :).

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Update

I removed some things in my checklist that I will add into beta instead.

ALPHA IS DRAKIGN NEAR a.k.a 1-3 days.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
played the alpha and uploaded a replay.

I took the fel orc general and it was about 20 minutes long (single player).
i would say it has some potential but the game got alot of flaws, i ll try to list what is most important to me.

1. the heroes are pretty imbalanced contrary to the AI owned troops.

2. the 'motes' havent got any description and till now i just dont know what they are good for at all besides item combinations.

3. no shortkeys for the abilitys are shown in the tooltipps. very bad for shortkey freaks like me.

4. too little space in the 'forest' at the middle. i wasnt even able to defeat the low lvl creeps because all that little obstacles blocked my path.

5. nerf the satyr (creep of sentinel) mana burn, its annoying like hell.

6. my allied creeps kept spawning although i defeated one of my enemys but instead of attacking the other one they ran to my enemys base and died without any reason. suicide orcs?

7. player heroes respawn pretty fast which makes them the perfect way of lvling if your heroes lvls differ alot. (watch the replay after about 19:00 minutes)

8. the shrine in the middle didnt have any collision.

9. you might consider giving gold to players even if allied creeps are killing enemy creeps which are close to your hero. (my allied creeps did killsteal Oo i was glad when they were dead, actually i would even kill my allies to get more gold...)

10. the neutral hostile creeps attack the orc base at the beginning.

11. the bottom right tower of the orcs got to be replaced, the sentinel creeps just passed it without getting attacked for some reason.

12. the ring of regeneration is pretty imbalanced, i just got me 4 lion rings and owned about everything.

well these were few points i still could remember of. most probably there was more but you can still watch the replay and see by yourself.

i hope you keep up the good work and finish the beta soon.
good luck!
accname.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You may want to make sure you have a lot of formality in this type of map, especially with Tool Tips.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
@joohen
what do you mean?

@Accname
1. Its supposed to be that way.

2. Motes will actually do something in beta.

3. Ya a few of my friends didn't like this as well. This will be added into beta.

4. In the middle? I'm not too sure where you are talking about because the middle onl contains the hydra

5. Ya I will nerf it. Got complaints from that as well :p

6. Hmmm, I'll check my triggers

7. I will increase respawn time in beta

8. Thanks for pointing this out. I'll fix that.

9. Ya I noticed the creeps stealing last hits. I have no clue why though... I'll do my best to fix it.

10. New creep system being added into beta so this shouldn't be a problem. Current one is only temporary.

11. Thanks for pointing this out. +rep

12. Wait till you fight other people :)

Thank you for the feedback

@tooltiperror
I apologize for some of the spells having informal tooltips. I forgot to change them before I released. In beta tooltips will be much better as they will include a formal description, mana costs, and cooldown.

joohen

Reaction score
Shades ultimate is imba, no cooldown! O_O! Global teleport. And when you press to a place, the camera just moved back to its original place where the shade just stood on, and a green special effect just appear there.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Ok thank you for pointing out the bug. It's actually not that overpowered considering the mana cost and how it can only be used at nighttime.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.