Cold Slow

Lyle.

Reaction score
I'm not the best with the object editor.

How do I add a cold/slow buff to a unit that is hit by Blizzard.

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
Well you can add the buff, but they still won't be slowed, they will just look like it. Anyway, go and add the same buff Frost Nova uses, I believe it's called "Slowed". Still won't actually slow them, just make them look icey.

Lyle.

Reaction score
Well you can add the buff, but they still won't be slowed, they will just look like it. Anyway, go and add the same buff Frost Nova uses, I believe it's called "Slowed". Still won't actually slow them, just make them look icey.

Ya i need the actual slow.

DK's Pride

Reaction score
The buff that Blizzard and frost armor does the slow if i remember correctly, try it out =P

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
No, buffs do not actually deal the spells effects. If you add the "Stun" buff to Blizzard, you will see the swirling blue stun buff above their head, but they will not be stunned in any way. Buffs are art only.

CaptDeath

Reaction score
buffs are art and info on wtf is going on and why they have stopped[in the instance of stun]

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
Yes, so unless you can find an Object Editor ability (I'm trying to think of one.......) with AoE tractability that slows units, your going to have to trigger it.

The only thing I can think of is ehh...Acid Bomb......but that wouldn't work at all.

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
Three ways, in my opinion. One is on casting, you create a unit with an artillery attack and appropriate splash damage as well as a modified Frost Attack ability (to hide the missile), and attack ground at the position of the target ability. Few problems:

If you don't remove it and it keeps attacking, which one might do on purpose, it will cold units even if you cancel. You can get around this by detecting if you cancel the spell, but I hate doing that.
*You could also make it only attack once and give it a long cold time, but that's annoying too, because new units aren't slowed.

-->Option #2: damage detection. But it'd be annoying if you don't have a damage detection system already set up. Dummy units with a 0 damage and no art frost nova cast on damaged units.

Option #3: Custom blizzard. Have flying units with a modified frost attack ability attack ground.

Lyle.

Reaction score
Well is is there any way I can get a buff on units effected? Any way besides damage detection that is.

Zsteven44

Reaction score
you could have a dummy caster cast frost nova on each unit in the aoe via a trigger. Or you could have a dummy caster cost frost nova on an enemy dummy target in the center of the blizzard target, setting the appropriate aoe.
To address the channeled part, i forget how it works.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.