US News Colorado legalizes weed, yo!

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
The Rocky Mountain High just got a whole lot higher. On Tuesday night, Amendment 64 -- the measure which sought the legalization of marijuana for recreational use by adults -- was passed by Colorado voters, making Colorado the first state to end marijuana prohibition in the United States.

With about 36 percent of precincts reporting at the time of publishing, 9News and Fox31 report that Amendment 64 has passed.

In tomorrow's news: Colorado sees a sudden and significant increase in population.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
It's almost too good to be true... but it had to happen one day, right?

...right? I sure hope this is real, I'm still having trouble believing it...

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Damn it.! Such a great idea!! too bad marijuana being legal, will automatically create more addicts.

Varine

Reaction score
Dude marijuana's not addictive, and even if it was, how is going to create more addicts?

The ENTIRE issue with addiction largely relies on the total lack of open support for abuse. Consider dude, you think you have a problem. You tell someone, police find out, you go to jail. That's the thought process. It's actually kind of weird... you can be in some of the worst situations of your life and think nothing of it, but you see a cop and panic like the world's ending if they get you. I think all drugs, at least recreationally, should be decriminalized and states (NOT feds, not their problem. I do not want the federal government doing anything relating to local or personal issues; only foreign and national) need to implement a GOOD system of rehabilitation that is free for people to attend that need it. It's a very serious issue in some cases (not weed though, unless you consider me an addict), far more than gay marriage and whatever other issues they decided to focus on I think, and it gets almost NO attention.

Where's DDR, he'd help me get this sorted out. He still around?

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Cannabis can definitely have some addictive potential - just as much as anything. Anything that causes a chemical change in your brain is going to present the potential for abuse, from the endorphins released through exercise to the dopamine released by eating your favorite foods to whatever crazy reactions occur within the cannabinoid receptors throughout your body when you take a hit. Humans are creatures of habit by nature; we seek familiarity, and often face new and unknown things with anxiety and trepidation. When we find something that makes us happy, that we can grow comfortable with, all too often we come to rely on it. Even if it doesn't make you sick and give you the shakes like hard drugs, even if you're not suffering through the life-threatening withdrawal of alcohol, there are usually still going to be noticeable effects on your psyche when you cease any of these activities: depression, anxiety, mood swings and hostility, and I'm sure several other effects given the specific person. And just as some might be more prone to severe psychological reactions after quitting, there are those that will feel little effect afterwards. Everyone is different, there's no denying that. But to claim that any substance or activity that affects the chemicals in your brain isn't addictive... well, let's just say I disagree.

But fuck yeah, weed's been legalized through a democratic voting process for the first time anywhere in the world. Go those two states, and props to Massachusetts for gettin' on the medical bandwagon. People are like, "So Obama got elected again," and I'm like, "So what? Cannabis just got legalized for recreational use in two states. That's the effin' news!"

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Btw: Weed is still illegal on a federal level meaning. Isn't it?

I would like to understand your logic behind this.
Well, Isn't it obvious more people will try it if it is legal?

Just an overall question... "Can you stay away from smoking weed for 1 year?"

Varine

Reaction score
So is illegal immigration. They worked wonders on that. And yes, it's not that hard, however I don't really want to.

Varine

Reaction score
Who said I was waiting to get high? If I want to get high, I go get high. If I want to be sober, I won't smoke. There's no point where I feel like I have to be high due to some kind of withdrawals. You get cravings for it, but if you're counting that just about everything is addictive.

9704.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.