[Comic] "The Lurker"

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
The Lurker

"The Lurker" is a comic written by myself and drawn currently by vypur85. There are weekly strips which are posted in the Prose of the Week, in the Writers' Corner. (The style of the drawing changes because Smith_S9 quit, and vypur replaced him.) This is the archive of strips so far. Enjoy :thup:

If you're a fan of the comic, you should join its social group!

#1: First Day

#2: Constructive Comments

#3: Other People May Be There to Help Us

#4: Reject All Help

#5: A Thread Can Die But Once

#6: Requiescat In Pace, Dominus Noster AceHartus

By Romek:

#7: The Black Panda

#8: Told You So

Special #1: Dialog Boxes

Review by Pineapple for PotW:
Lets start things off with last weeks Comic, The Lurkers ‘Dialog Boxes’ Now there is two things that come to my mind when I read the title, people talking and boxes. I was highly disappointed with the lack of boxes in the strip. Without those boxes its not even a real comic. Moving along then, the second frame. What is he doing? Is his arm turned 180 degrees or something? That looks painful! Like, seriously. Ouch. Another things, did the bolded text need to be orange? Really? Did it? Really? Like, seriously? For real? As well the comics writing was highly original and well thought out idea that must have taken a long time to come up with, takes real brains to make that. Oh, wait.

I’ll give that comic a rating of ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

#9: Rite of JASSage

Lets start this off with last weeks comic again, “Rite of JASSage” Now. As a person who doesn’t know JASS the first thing I thought of was, “God damn, I really want some cookies or something, I think there are some in the cupboard but I may have eaten them…” Anyway, the script was the type of script that if it was a vegetable it would be a potato. I really don’t think that needs any more explaining. Now the artwork was decent, but what was with The Lurkers hand in the last frame? His left hand looked like a sticker pasted onto his head by small penguins with thumbs.

I guess I have to give the comic a rating of ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

#10: BJs Will Get You Banished

Lets get everything kicked off again with last weeks comic, “Banished”. Overall, I love bread, sliced bread is even better, so the writing gets a thump up I guess. The artwork was quite good this time around, nothing seemed particularly off. Now the downside? I don’t know any JASS. I don’t use WE. I don’t get it. Yeah, he got banned, but what’s with the “bj_”? The comic is good, but I quit the world editor long ago so lots of these Warcraft based gags I’m not going to get.

So perhaps I’m not the targeted audience for this comic, I can still give it a rating of ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Special Strip #2: IDEAs

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Staff member
The comics are well made!

I don't mean to drag you away from your theme here, but surely if you write based on a broader theme other than TH.net you guys could really pick up good intertube traffic :thup:

Romek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Coloured this today. :)

Knight7770

You may not stop this project. I'll do something radical if you do.
Yes sir!

I wasn't planning on stopping it anytime in the future. I was even prepared to use sprites to make them if I couldn't find an artist.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Knight, could you upload the comic here after every Saturday or Sunday to archive the comic instead of having another portal for your comic. I'm afraid some of my readers will get bored of Prose of the Week eventually, so a comic should keep people entertained during the toil of updates.

Also, I really love all the articles my members send me. They're all filled with so much character and information. It keeps me up to date and keeps me happy. I'm just a bit concerned about not having a comic or being ignored by some readers because it's much easier to view the comic here.

I support your idea for an archive, but please keep it an archive. Maybe you can post a comic here after the last issue expires. Just a thought.

Thanks.

Knight7770

I'll always send the comic to Prose and wait until Prose is out before posting it here. This is strictly an archive, and not for posting new comics. I'll be sure to only add a strip here if the Prose after that strip was in is or is about to be released. :thup:

sqrage

Staff member
Awesome, both the artists did great jobs.

Romek, that coloring is really well done. :thup:

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Staff member
Those are amazing. Great work :)

I love the AceHart one :p

Knight7770

Updated first post with The Black Panda. :) (Also in Prose of the Week; read it!)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    that field is going to explode and though there is competition there is going to be room for all levels in the coming years imho.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Why are we competing for rough mornings? :(
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't want to compete for that, yall can have it.
  • Varine Varine:
    @The Helper I'm trying. Once I am more prepared to be figuring out school I'll probably ask for your advice
  • Varine Varine:
    Right now I'm just trying to get through the pandemic and figure out how I'm going to pay for it, and figure out what I need to get a job at Best Buy instead of a kitchen somewhere.
  • thewrongvine thewrongvine:
    oy just catching up on the discussion above. @Varine yeah I usually alternate between claritin & zyrtec, depending on whatever my body decides to reject at the time lol
  • thewrongvine thewrongvine:
    the more I use it the less effective it gets over time as my body accustoms to it so I try to not use it every day
  • S songbird:
    Glad to see some interest in the IS3 NUON reprint. :)
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Thank you Carl for making that happen that just might be the spark we need.
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm confused and amazed that NUON and TWV's news postings are the things still active.
  • Varine Varine:
    Or Tom Mai, not TWV
  • Varine Varine:
    Whatever happened to Cheshire? Or Firecat, whatever his real name was?
  • Varine Varine:
    I've been using both claritin and fexofenadine or something like that recently alternately and that's been kinda working, I don't feel like my face is going to explode at least. Eyes are still itchy as fuck though
    I dunno, haven't seen Firecat in a long while now.
    By the way, we have new file attachment size limits now.
  • Varine Varine:
    Are they bigger?
    Yeah, new max size limit is 64 MB, to accommodate NUON-Dome emulation.
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I ever ran into a file size problem before. What was it before?
  • Varine Varine:
    I've had file type issues before I think, but I haven't uploaded anything since like 2010.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    alot smaller than that basically barely anything and it would have been different then 2010 because of the forum upgrade
  • Varine Varine:
    lol I forgot this used to look different
  • Varine Varine:
    It's by far the brightest webpage I regularly visit, the first thing I usually do is try to figure out dark mode.
    If you invert the colors, The Helper Forums looks amazing
    It still has that blue theme at the top
  • Ghan Ghan:
    There's no particular hard limit to attachments. "Something reasonable" is preferred to "a size large enough to fill up the server disk"

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop