• Single Unit order
    • Events
      • Unit - Any Unit is issued an order to Any Ability Command
    • Local Variables
      • DataValue = "" <String>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn (Current trigger) Off
      • Variable - Set DataValue = (String((Custom value 0 of (Triggering unit))) with Any Precision decimal places)
      • Unit - Order all units in ("MarineSquad[" + lv_dataValue + "]" from the Global data table) to ((Ability command for (Triggering order))) (Replace Existing Orders)
      • Trigger - Turn (Current trigger) On

Kyuft

Reaction score
The trigger that you posted does not work, Siretu. It does not command the rest of the group to do the same thing as the single unit. It seems to have no effect on the group.

-Kyuft:cool:

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
My bad, it should be:
Trigger:
  • Unit - Order all units in ("MarineSquad[" + lv_dataValue + "]" from the Global data table) to (Triggering order) (Replace Existing Orders)

Kyuft

Reaction score
Still doesn't work... I think the problem is the event. It requires an Ability Command, but I don't see any "Any Order" option.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Should not be a problem. According to the comment of the event it says: "This event fires when a unit is issued an order. Use "Triggering order" to get the order".

Try to do some debugging on your own. I haven't got your entire system set up so it's harder for me to test.

I tried it out on my own but instead of ordering a MarineSquad, I ordered every unit on the map. When I did, it worked great. This means, it's probably something wrong with the way it gets the group of units.

I attached my very simple test map, so you can check it out

Attachments

• unitorder.SC2Map
    25.6 KB · Views: 339

Kyuft

Reaction score
It worked all along, I just made a really stupid mistake. Every time I use Custom Script, I always accidentally put it in as a value rather than a custom script. Its such a stupid mistake... Well, I owe a huge favor to all of you, because this works exactly how I want it to! Thank you all so much!

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Siretu i did not undestand what you wanted to say until i saw your triggers! :) There were a lot of misunderstandings in this topic!
Clever solution!

I'm glad that all works fine :)

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Use the turn off trigger action

EDIT: Wow a lot of messages popped up before I even got to ansver :rolleyes:

Kyuft

Reaction score
Haha :p
Well, the system worked well with just marines, but after modifying it for all units, many errors surfaced, and so I will probably be sending the map to Siretu to have him take a look. I hope this will all work out after all of the work that we all put into it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.