Computer Sales

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
I built a computer a few years back, and I'm thinking of selling it to buy a laptop (considering I'm never around to use said computer). Anyways I was wondering:
a) What laptop should I get if I sell my old computer (PC, not mac)
b) A good price range of how much I should sell my old computer
c) What do I need to do to make my computer legal to sell? (i.e. wiping the system)
d) What is a good program for transferring HD information from one computer to another

Thank you!

PC specs:
Intel E7600 Processor 2.66Ghz
4 GB RAM
700W Power Supply
EVGA 768 MB Graphics Card
Intel Mobo
A Western Digital 250GB SATA HD

Casing is an Antec 900

Also has an Auzentech 7.1 channel surround card (possibly not this one but similar). I might keep this since I could use it for other sound stuff (being a musician)

It runs XP Pro sp3 (32 bit)

I think this is everything... Thanks for the help.

Also, how do you overclock a processor and how safe is it for this particular processor?

Also, for any Laptop I plan to switch out the original hard drive for a faster 7200 rpm one.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
a) What laptop should I get if I sell my old computer (PC, not mac)
Depends on your needs. Basic? Gaming? Workstation?
And "PC" doesn't apply to "Windows" just because of a damned mac commercial. Drives me nuts, PC stands for Personal Computer. A Mac can be a PC. A library computer running windows isn't a PC.

b) A good price range of how much I should sell my old computer
I would say $500 up, but thats me.

c) What do I need to do to make my computer legal to sell? (i.e. wiping the system)
Depends on how you want to sell it. You could just sell it to a friend w/o doing any such thing. Selling as a company, you'd probably want to build a new one. >.>

d) What is a good program for transferring HD information from one computer to another
If you can pull out the HD, theres a program called GoodSync which should work just fine.

)Also, how do you overclock a processor and how safe is it for this particular processor?
Depends on the processor, you OC VIA the bios. Make sure you have an idea of what you're doing. Setting a random number from 200 to 500 isn't suggested.

)Also, for any Laptop I plan to switch out the original hard drive for a faster 7200 rpm one.
Good thought. My dad did the same with his two laptops and it made all the difference; he does a lot of media encoding and transferring of 10+ GB files.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.