Technology Computer Scientists Solved the Bermuda Triangle Mystery

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
According to two research scientists the mystery of vanished ships and airplanes in the region dubbed "The Bermuda Triangle" has been solved.

Step aside outer space aliens, time anomalies, submerged giant Atlantean pyramids and bizarre meteorological phenomena ... the "Triangle" simply suffers from an acute case of gas.

Natural gas—the kind that heats ovens and boils water—specifically methane, is the culprit behind the mysterious disappearances and loss of water and air craft.

The evidence for this astounding new insight into a mystery that's bedeviled the world is laid out in a research paper published in the American Journal of Physics.

Any ships caught within the methane mega-bubble immediately lose all buoyancy and sink to the bottom of the ocean. If the bubbles are big enough and possess a high enough density they can also knock aircraft out of the sky with little or no warning.

Last edited:

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Oh for the love of....

Great,glad to know that humanity shat their pants in fear for generations because of Natural Gas.

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hahah. I knew something like that was involved. Thank you for posting this here. I never would've read it elsewhere.

BEST WISHES

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
"Sherlock Holmes and the Burmuda Triangle" would've had a better ring to it.

And yes,
Dr. Watson said:
Case solved, isn't it?

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Great,glad to know that humanity shat their pants in fear for generations because of Natural Gas.
Methane eruptions may have been responsible for one of greatest mass extinctions in the history of Earth. Only the other day I was reading about how the oil spill nearly triggered a gigantic one which could have wiped out the entire gulf of Mexico.

And though this is probably the most logical and correct explanation, I am still going to go with submerged giant Atlantean pyramids so as to maintain an aura of mystery to the whole thing :p

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Yeah, but you just know people will want to try anyways. It's a huge deposit of Natural Gas.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
You Have.

These asshole scientist are stealing research and ideas from others and claiming it as thier own.

They actually said in the article that many others have had the idea as well.

EDIT: Turns out I misread that bit above.

I did like someone's comment:
"If the bubbles are big enough and possess a high enough density they can also knock aircraft out of the sky with little or no warning" So basically you're telling us that the earth just farted them away...

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
Same here. This is old news.

While this is probably correct, and I have also heard this theory, its also possible that until now, the methane theory hadn't been proven in a way recognized by some standard or another.

It could also be that this is either a new, similar theory, an improvement upon an existing idea, a theory based off others, etc. In other words, I'm saying that it might not be a proven thing.

Its also possible that the reporter didn't look at the date of paper's publishing. I believe this is possible(not guaranteed) due to the lack of quotes by the scientists.

Now that all that's out of the way, I personally believe that the methane bubbles are possibly cause of the disappearances.

However, I have heard a few things(Some of which the comments of the article reminded me of) about the area having about the same number of disappearances as any well trafficked area of the world.

A few disclaimers: first, these are just guesses of my own. Second, I don't have knowledge of the standards required for something to be recognized by the scientific community. Finally, I actually don't know much about the triangle, so I can't back up what I say. Its just my view from what I remember.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.