Concerning Bots and Dummy Casters

Mr_Bean355

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have discovered that when using dummy casters for computer players, the dummies don't do their jobs. For example, I create a dummy that casts Chain Lightning when my hero attacks. It will work perfectly fine when I play the hero, but when I make the computer use the hero, the dummy doesn't do anything! It's almost like the computer is controlling the dummy, even though us humans can't click on it! :nuts:

Is there a way to fix this? I know that I could create the dummy for Neutral Passive, but then if the dummy's Chain Lightning kills an enemy, the player doesn't get the bounty (Neutral Passive does). :banghead:

Thanks for any help! :shades:

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have discovered that when using dummy casters for computer players, the dummies don't do their jobs. For example, I create a dummy that casts Chain Lightning when my hero attacks. It will work perfectly fine when I play the hero, but when I make the computer use the hero, the dummy doesn't do anything! It's almost like the computer is controlling the dummy, even though us humans can't click on it! :nuts:

Is there a way to fix this? I know that I could create the dummy for Neutral Passive, but then if the dummy's Chain Lightning kills an enemy, the player doesn't get the bounty (Neutral Passive does). :banghead:

Thanks for any help! :shades:

Can we see your triggers?

Mr_Bean355

Reaction score
Can we see your triggers?

The Chain Lightning spell i was talking about was just an example. An ability that i did create is Holy Light, but it heals and then gives an armor bonus for 10 seconds. Here is the trigger:

===============================================
Events:
- A unit starts the effect of an ability

Conditions:
- Ability being cast equal to Holy Light

Actions:
- Create 1 dummy for owner of casting unit at position of target unit of ability being cast facing default building degrees
- Add Holy Armor to last created unit
- Set level of Holy Armor for last created unit to level of Holy Light for casting unit
- Order last created unit to undead lich - frost armor target unit of ability being cast
- add 1 second generic expiration timer to last created unit
===============================================

The "Holy Armor" ability is basically the "Frost Armor" ability. It gives the armor bonus when the target is healed. When a human casts my "Holy Light" spell, it works fine. However, when a computer player casts it, the target doesn't receive the armor bonus. I gather that it is because the dummy isn't casting the ability because the computer is controlling it.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Well is your computer using an AI? It should still cast the ability unless you have another trigger making the units order otherwise.

Mr_Bean355

Reaction score
No, they cast the "Holy Light" ability normally. It's just that the dummy doesn't cast the armor ability when the caster is controlled by a computer.

ZachQuint

Reaction score
this may not be the solution your looking for, but if you changed it to neutral passive, could you create a trigger that routes the money to the player that it should go to? i donno. just a suggestion...

linamus

I r bak!
Reaction score
Since this is just a buff-like ability (no kill, no gold bounty), you might just use neutral passive with ability able to hit everyone.

Mr_Bean355

Reaction score
this may not be the solution your looking for, but if you changed it to neutral passive, could you create a trigger that routes the money to the player that it should go to? i donno. just a suggestion...

I could try that, but there's no way to detect the bounty, is there?

Since this is just a buff-like ability (no kill, no gold bounty), you might just use neutral passive with ability able to hit everyone.

Yes, that's what I have done. But what about when the ability could kill someone?

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
After creating the dummy add this line
Trigger:
  • AI - Ignore (Last created unit) Guard Position

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.