Health Concerns growing over superbugs in our food

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
About two years ago, dozens of workers at a large chicken hatchery in Arkansas began experiencing mysterious skin rashes, with painful lumps scattered over their hands, arms, and legs.

"They hurt real bad," says Joyce Long, 48, a 32-year veteran of the hatchery, where until recently, workers handled eggs and chicks with bare hands. "When we went and got cultured, doctors told us we had a superbug."

Last edited by a moderator:

CatCat

Reaction score
The media does do a good job scaring people these days. Anyways I shouldn't be concerned, Europe has very strict food regulations.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
I'm more worried about the superbugs running rampant in hospitals. People may say that the NHS is a great thing we should be thankful for, but the way it's run is terrible and the risk of catching a superbug is not one I would like to take.

Gunshot wound? You can treat me right here in my kitchen, thanks.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry when it comes to eating chicken. If you properly cook the meat/egg/feathers (joke) you will be fine.

However, if those hicks spread around that super bug they created by moseying out in public, my GOD, I will smite them! :p

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
People ask me why I'm a vegetarian.

Why? If it's cuz of things like these...I eat meat and I'm fine so I don't really see a reason.

Nothing to worry about, these things are never really worth the worry.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
People ask me why I'm a vegetarian.

fail-owned-carnivore-win.jpg

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
C'mon.... tell me I'm not the only one who didn't think of mutated Cockroaches when they said SuperBug?

Or one of them arachnids from Starship troopers.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Seems like I was the only one who thought superbug was some kind of giant mutated insect...

Edit: Apparently Bartuc08 agrees with me :)

Kershbob

Reaction score
S. aureus is part of the skin flora and in some cases so is MRSA. A proportion of people who have this species as part of their skin flora shed it.

Nothing special. Working with raw meat bare handed and poor hygiene is the issue here. The media just likes to make an uproar.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.