Reaction score
hello again,

I made a trigger and used the next condition:

-or
-unit has behavior 'key'
-unit has behavior 'boost'

So the trigger must run ONLY if the unit has 1 of the behaviors
But the trigger is also running if the unit has both behaviors
Does somebody understands what I'm doing wrong here?

MissKerrigan

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
"or" works if at least one of the conditions are true. If you want to run the trigger only if the unit has one of those conditions (not both) you have to add a "not +and" with conditions "unit has behavior 'key'" and "unit has behavior 'boost'"

-or
--unit has behavior 'key'
--unit has behavior 'boost'

-not
--and
---unit has behavior 'key'
---unit has behavior 'boost'

So it will run if one of the conditions are true but not if are both true.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
think of or as: if any are true
think of and as: if all are true
think of not as: if all are false

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
actually the and isnt needed since its "not any of the following" so the and is only needed if an or is used in the tree beforehand

basically the default is and...

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
@GFreak45: You are wrong. The NOT works if at least one condion is false (its written in the editor tip) so them are linked like an OR. The AND is absolutely needed.

@MissKerrigan: I tested the trigger before posting it so you can be sure that it works.
It runs if a unit has only one of the two behaviors. It doesnt run if the unit has none of the listed behaviors. It also doesnt run if the unit has both behaviors.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
lol I already found an easier way, it cost me 3 triggers but it works

condition of trigger 1

- unit has behavior 'key' true
- unit has behavior 'boost' false

condition of trigger 2

- unit has behavior 'key' false
- unit has behavior 'boost' true

condition of trigger 3

- unit has behavior 'key' true
- unit has behavior 'boost' true

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Wouldn't the third trigger do exactly what you didn't want? I thought you didn't want it to run if the unit has both the key and the boost.

Why didn't you try Phubar's trigger?

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
@GFreak45: You are wrong. The NOT works if at least one condion is false (its written in the editor tip) so them are linked like an OR. The AND is absolutely needed.

@MissKerrigan: I tested the trigger before posting it so you can be sure that it works.
It runs if a unit has only one of the two behaviors. It doesnt run if the unit has none of the listed behaviors. It also doesnt run if the unit has both behaviors.
The tooltip says this:
Returns true if all the conditions listed under it evaluate to false. If multiple conditions are listed under the "Not" condition, those conditions will first be evaluated as if they were under an "Or" condition, and then the "Not" condition will invert the result.
Is it just me or the first sentence contradicts the second sentence? :confused:
Typically in programming/scripting the default is an "And" condition as GFreak45 pointed out. It's strange that Blizzard would go against this convention. Anyway nice pick up Phubar. I had always assumed you did not need the "And" condition.

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Yes it's written in the same way in the italian editor too and the first sentence it's a very very bad sendence... it lies to us all :D

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
yes Siretu, but the third trigger tells you that you must have only 1 behavior, it are diffirent actions

We do not need the 'And' condition Dave, because the conditions are already 'and' if you create multiple in the list

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I dont know why you ask an answer to your editing problems if you wont use the solutions that others post to you...

Dave talked about the conditions under "NOT" operator and them are linked togheter by an "OR". Try yourself and you will figure out.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Because I found it out in the meantime while my post was online

Dave talked about the 'AND' condition and he says it is not usefull and I simply confirmed that...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.