Connection issue that comes and goes

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
So, I've been debating whether or not to post this, but here it goes.

Every few minutes, then eventually every few seconds after this happens, my connection will hang and refuse to do anything for a few seconds, then fixes itself. The issue will slowly get worse until each interval lasts up to 30 seconds to a minute, every minute or so.

I've no idea what the issue is, it's only this computer, the rest of the computers on the network do not have this issue, and no other computer is downloading anything. I wouldn't think it'd be the drivers, because I've tried every driver for my network card possible I think. Which is Realtek 8111C.

Edit: Forgot to state, but if I analyze packets using Wireshark, I keep getting Bad Checksum, which relates to bad drivers usually, but I can't find a driver that fixes the supposed issue.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Could this be a physical network card problem?

Renendaru

Reaction score
Could this be a physical network card problem?

No it's an internal network card, which I should've mentioned, since this issue only started with my new motherboard.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
No it's an internal network card, which I should've mentioned, since this issue only started with my new motherboard.

It can still be a physical problem with the network card :p

Any spare PCI ones you could try/borrow from a friend?

Renendaru

Reaction score
It can still be a physical problem with the network card :p

Any spare PCI ones you could try/borrow from a friend?

Not really, other than an RJ11 card.

Also, I can stop bad checksum by disabling offload and whatnot, though that doesn't fix the issue, it only stops the bad checksum errors.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
If it's a wireless card (didn't get it from the post) i know what kind of problem you're having, cause i had the same exact problem. The windows wireless zero configuration is you're problem, you need to shut it off and use another program to connect to the internet. No way to fix it other than this.

If it isn't wireless, it's most likely a faulty network card, sorry >.<

Renendaru

Reaction score
Well, I was able to get a spare network card, but can't test it until the person comes by with it. Hopefully, and not hopefully, this fixes the issue,

Renendaru

Reaction score
So far it really does seem like it was the internal network card. No issues on the PCI card for now.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Cool, keep us updated. Might want to RMA your motherboard if you can incase other things start going wrong with it too.

Renendaru

Reaction score
Well, the issue is back, with the card still in...

Thoughts?

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Can you try running a linux os and see if it happens again? There are plenty that you can run of a cd that support networking. If it doesn't happen it's definitively software, if it does it's something with the hardware, at least it narrows it down...

Renendaru

Reaction score
So, I found something out? I disabled the driver for the onboard network card, with the PCI card in, and the connection isn't hanging, or it just went away for now anyway. I hope it's the former and not the latter, but it seems the driver is at fault...

Renendaru

Reaction score
Made more progress, I found the true issue. It's the upload, which stops wanting to upload anything every minute or so. I still have no idea what's causing it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.