Connection Spiking

WarLuvr3393

Hmmm...too many things to play (WoW, COD4, WC3)
Reaction score
When I host games, everyone says that I'm constantly spiking in the game. I don't feel the spikes, but everyone else does. I'm on a wired connection, so there is no interference with objects and such. Also, the ethernet cable is new so I don't think there could be any problems with that.

I did a scan on my computer and I found no spyware/malware/viruses/adware. I don't have any torrents running, nothing like that.

What could be the cause of these horrible lag spikes? Should I call my ISP? Could it be a mess up in the wirings on the outside?

Help please.

needsthehelp

Reaction score
When I host games, everyone says that I'm constantly spiking in the game. I don't feel the spikes, but everyone else does. I'm on a wired connection, so there is no interference with objects and such. Also, the ethernet cable is new so I don't think there could be any problems with that.

I did a scan on my computer and I found no spyware/malware/viruses/adware. I don't have any torrents running, nothing like that.

What could be the cause of these horrible lag spikes? Should I call my ISP? Could it be a mess up in the wirings on the outside?

Help please.

Have you check your task managers performance? Programs running in processes can cause lag such as anti-virus scans, and firewalls.

Exfiltrate

Reaction score
There is no way the problem is the Ethernet cable (if that was the problem it just wouldn't work at all). I also highly doubt the problem is your isp. The problem probably has is based on your local machine, and is a conflict with another application running in the background. Try ending all non-essential tasks that are running and see if that fixes the problem. Also what are the specs of your computer and what operating system are you using?

(Worst case scenario) to fix the problem reformat, and reinstall windows, or reinstall Warcraft III.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Does it only happen on WC3? Like it doesn't happen on any other games or programs?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.