[Contest] Hero Contest 1#

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashcat

Hellooo
Reaction score
Meh the suicide is actually a little bit unbalanced when you think about it. Maybe you could change it to make it do more damage when the firebug is low on health, and very little damage when he is full on health, so you dont just run him in there and suicide before sending in your army? >.>

anyway, yes id appreciate it if you made a dash spell for me ^.^ hehe. maybe do it in PMs though to not get too off topic in here, unless other people wanted to know how too >.>

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
Why would you even think of making a suicidal hero for a melee map? Your hero dying in a melee game is generally big setback; you lose time, it costs a fair amount of money, other heroes you may have cannot revive as quickly, etc.

My last thought is that basing damage on stats is a really dumb idea. There's a reason none of the other blizzard heroes do that.

After now playing your hero I find it to be exceptionally useless. Liquid Fire does nearly as much damage as Oblation of Fire until you get Infernal Obliteration, and even then Oblation of Fire has only slightly more than a 1 in 4 chance of triggering Troll Hybrid-Mixture. Plus you [would] have to pay to revive your hero and do all that stuff when you could be casing Liquid Fire again.

All-in-all I don't think it's a very good concept, especially in the area of those two spells.

BlueMirage

Trust, but doubt.
Reaction score
My hero, AoS style.

Rivith, the Black Cape

Model: Warden
Main Attribute: Agility
Speciality: Hero Killing by chasing and teleporting.

Spells:

Black Cape: (Spell Finished)

Rivith will move herself and a random enemy hero within 250 range of herself to targeted point. Has 1.7 seconds casting time.

Level 1: 900 casting range and 10 seconds cooldown.
Level 2: 1300 casting range and 9 seconds cooldown.
Level 3: 1700 casting range and 8 seconds cooldown.

Rupture (Passive): (Spell Unfinished)

Each attack made by Rivith has a chance to deal stackable damage over time and slow the movement speed by 10%.
Lasts 7 seconds. Duration is refreshed for each rupture.

Level 1: 15% chance to deal 9 damage per second.
Level 2: 20% chance to deal 12 damage per second.
Level 3: 25% chance to deal 15 damage per second.

Shadow Walk: (Spell Partly Finished)

Rivith will Shadow Walk, becoming unbreakably invisible. If Rivith attacks, the invisibility is lost.
If Black Cape is used while Rivith is Shadow Walking, it has it's casting time reduced and will perform a rupturing hit if rupture has been learned.

Level 1: Reduces casting time of Black Cape by 0.3 seconds. 45 seconds cooldown. Lasts 6 seconds.
Level 2: Reduces casting time of Black Cape by 0.6 seconds. 30 seconds cooldown. Lasts 7 seconds.
Level 3: Reduces casting time of Black Cape by 0.9 seconds. 15 seconds cooldown. Lasts 8 seconds.

Ulti:

Sadistic Madness (Passive): (Spell Partly Finished, credits to Sooda)

Whenever Rivith sees an enemy hero, she recieves an attack and movement speed bonus based on how much health they have missing. Maxes out at 50%missing health.

2% extra attack speed for every 1% health missing.
1% extra movement speed for every 2% health missing.

Her speciality is of course the Black Cape, after which she has been named.
Her tactic is made of using Shadow Walk in order to get close to the enemy hero, use Black Cape, preferably close to an allied tower or hero. As she was shadow walking, she automatically ruptures the enemy, slowing it and dealing some extra damage. Sadistic madness effectiveness increases as rupture deals them damage. Sadistic madness will in turn increase the attack speed, which increases the amount of ruptures. In case the enemy runs away, chase him/her as you now have extra movement speed from Sadistic madness
while rupture slows the enemy a little bit also. Anyway, the enemy hero is Dead.

I'll better get to work!

N

needshelpplz

l

Tried darkbear's heroes. I really liked the effects you made for the abilities. :) By far the best so far.

My worm hero is coming along quite nicely, the model is done now. I'll probably have to add some animations for some of the spells though. :(

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Why would you even think of making a suicidal hero for a melee map? Your hero dying in a melee game is generally big setback; you lose time, it costs a fair amount of money, other heroes you may have cannot revive as quickly, etc.

My last thought is that basing damage on stats is a really dumb idea. There's a reason none of the other blizzard heroes do that.

After now playing your hero I find it to be exceptionally useless. Liquid Fire does nearly as much damage as Oblation of Fire until you get Infernal Obliteration, and even then Oblation of Fire has only slightly more than a 1 in 4 chance of triggering Troll Hybrid-Mixture. Plus you [would] have to pay to revive your hero and do all that stuff when you could be casing Liquid Fire again.

All-in-all I don't think it's a very good concept, especially in the area of those two spells.

Hmmm... You got a point.
But who the hell uses a sacrafice spell with full HP? I don't see sence in that.
And secondly, the Liquid Fire Spell only gains a small bonus from the intelligence. it's like 225 + 35 = 260 Damage. Not a too much diference, is there? The damage grows a Bit after each additional Level, or if you buy some Item that increases intelligence.
Third of all, you only consider the triggered part of the 2 passives. He is meant to be played aggressive (Bash + Incernate (Or whatever that's called)). The triggered parts of those passives should fortify the sacrafice ability and the overall usefulness of the Troll Hybrid-Mixture (Increase in chance an Damage).
And liquid Fire's damage does not even come close to Oblation of Fire, since Liquid Fire deals about 260 Damage, when used, and Oblation of Fire deals 450 Damage. There is a big difference you see.
And BTW, sacaricing yourself for the greater good (As in killing 2 Heroes) realy is worth it, since they have to wait for revival too, and the gold loss is only minor (If you kill about 2-3 Creeps with that skill, then you already come up for the gold loss, and if you kill a Hero, the profit is slightly higher)

Ashcat

Hellooo
Reaction score
I think a Reincarnation spell in one form or another would go a lot better with your hero than the ultimate he has right now : /

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
I think a Reincarnation spell in one form or another would go a lot better with your hero than the ultimate he has right now : /

Never thought about that...
Good Idea ^^ But I have no Idea if my Spell will trigger, since it triggers on "A Unit dies"

Pyrogasm

Reaction score
Hatebreeder said:
And liquid Fire's damage does not even come close to Oblation of Fire, since Liquid Fire deals about 260 Damage, when used, and Oblation of Fire deals 450 Damage
Where do you see 450 and 260? I see 375 and 225 (not factoring in intelligence). Those are actually fairly close (much greater would be a 200 or more damage difference), and they are even closer at lower levels. The other thing to consider though is not that Liquid Fire does not simply do less damage, it does less damage with a much shorter cooldown, a lower mana cost and it does not cause the hero to die.

I find it to be much more useful.

So now there is the need to examine the variety of things your hero does:
  • AoE damage from range (Liquid Fire)
  • AoE damage from range (Oblation of Fire)
  • [Additional] AoE damage from range (Troll Hybrid-Mixture)
  • [Additional] AoE damage from range (Infernal Obliteration)
  • [Additional] AoE damage from range (Infernal Obliteration) (Yes, that's on there twice)
  • Increased damage towards same target over time (Infernal Obliteration)
  • Stun attack (Infernal Obliteration)
:|

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Where do you see 450 and 260? I see 375 and 225 (not factoring in intelligence). Those are actually fairly close (much greater would be a 200 or more damage difference), and they are even closer at lower levels. The other thing to consider though is not that Liquid Fire does not simply do less damage, it does less damage with a much shorter cooldown, a lower mana cost and it does not cause the hero to die.

I find it to be much more useful.

So now there is the need to examine the variety of things your hero does:
  • AoE damage from range (Liquid Fire)
  • AoE damage from range (Oblation of Fire)
  • [Additional] AoE damage from range (Troll Hybrid-Mixture)
  • [Additional] AoE damage from range (Infernal Obliteration)
  • [Additional] AoE damage from range (Infernal Obliteration) (Yes, that's on there twice)
  • Increased damage towards same target over time (Infernal Obliteration)
  • Stun attack (Infernal Obliteration)
:|

You forgot that the Units that Die from Infernal Obliberation explode.
Well, 260, because at Level 10 he has 35 Intelligence. 225 + 35 = 260.
450, because 375 + 75 (From the Ulti) = 450.
But you're right, Liquid Fire has a short cooldown... I think I'll set that higher.
Am I allowed to change things on my Hero?

BTW, what's wrong with the Synergy of my Hero? Is it bad to focus on a specific theme?

Pyrogasm

Reaction score
Hatebreeder said:
But you're right, Liquid Fire has a short cooldown... I think I'll set that higher.
I didn't say the cooldown was bad, the spell is just simply more useful because of it. I don't think I'd ever even use Oblation of Fire in a melee game unless I knew my hero was going to die and I couldn't do anything about it. I also specifically said "Liquid Fire does nearly as much damage as Oblation of Fire until you get Infernal Obliteration".
Hatebreeder said:
You forgot that the Units that Die from Infernal Obliberation explode.
That's why "[Additional] AoE damage from range (Infernal Obliteration)" is on there twice.
Hatebreeder said:
Am I allowed to change things on my Hero?
Of course not.

It's not synergy to have everything do AoE damage from range. That's called not having variety.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
I didn't say the cooldown was bad, the spell is just simply more useful because of it. I don't think I'd ever even use Oblation of Fire in a melee game unless I knew my hero was going to die and I couldn't do anything about it. I also specifically said "Liquid Fire does nearly as much damage as Oblation of Fire until you get Infernal Obliteration".

That's why "[Additional] AoE damage from range (Infernal Obliteration)" is on there twice.

Of course not.

It's not synergy to have everything do AoE damage from range. That's called not having variety.

Gah, fine, I'll remember this for next time.
But you got to admit, it's fun playing around with that Hero :p

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
If it was soooo good that they wanted to use it soon so they would revive and use it again? :p

Blubb...
What?
Are you telling me, that they would use it to kill theirselves, just for fun?
Kinda reminds me of an Emo ^^
But OK, if you have fun dying ^^ Fine, go die xD

Trollvottel

never aging title
Reaction score
i think he means if it was so strong that it would be worth killing yourself with full hp everyone would suicide and revive?

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
17+ pages in a few days, holy crap, how did I miss this

perhaps I may join this, got nothing better to do right now

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
>>perhaps I may join this, got nothing better to do right now
Mod joining would lead this to stiky lol.

By the way, why the system allow to use is so less?
  • CSCache - Most of it uses gamecache. Could be used by beginner.
  • Local Handle Variables - Return bug + gamecache usage. Could be used by beginner.
  • ABC - Requires knowledge about vJass(struct) and only able to attach struct to timer, trigger and dialog only.
  • PUI - Uses custom value that gives every unit a unique integer.
  • HSAS - Uses the convertion of H2I + Hex to integer that < 8191. Require vJass knowledge. Pretty nice because it can attach struct to every handle in a map.
  • TT - Invented by Cohadar which is the fastest way to attach struct to timer, but the timer had to be ran in a constant period which must be < 0.10.
  • Collections - Nothing much, storing and removing struct values.

N

needshelpplz

k

Ok, here's my idea for a hero (the animations and special effects aren't quite done yet, though I should be done by reading week):

The Giant Worm
Main attribute: Strength (is going to have insanely poor int though, something like 10 + 1 per level)

Burrow: My worm will have an ability similar to burrow except i'll probably make it weaker by removing sight while under ground.

Parasitic Worms: 50 mana, 10 sec cooldown, autocastable
Infects the target with a parasitic worm, doing initial damage and giving vision of the target. Lasts 120 seconds and if the target dies with this effect, a small worm is created.

Level 1 - Does 40 initial damage and spawns lvl 1 worm.
Level 2 - Does 80 initial damage and spawns lvl 2 worm.
Level 3 - Does 120 initial damage and spawns lvl 3 worm.

Annelidian Metabolism: Passive
Makes the giant worm attack and move faster as well as absorb some of the enemy's health when it attacks. This ability also affects smaller worms created by the giant worm.

Level 1 - Increases attack speed, movement and life steal by 8%.
Level 2 - Increases attack speed, movement and life steal by 14%.
Level 3 - Increases attack speed, movement and life steal by 20%.

Asexual Reproduction: Passive
Giant Worms can reproduce asexually, new worms will form from the detached cells of the giant worm. When attacked there will be a 0.5 * damage taken % chance to spawn a new worm. Also gives a health regeneration bonus.

Level 1 - Chance to spawn lvl 1 worm and +2 hps regeneration.
Level 2 - Chance to spawn lvl 2 worm and +3.5 hps regeneration.
Level 3 - Chance to spawn lvl 3 worm and +5 hps regeneration.

Subterrainian Travel: Passive
Allows the giant worm to move while underground (so it can move under trees, cliffs and stuff). The giant worm still cant attack and still loses sight range while underground. (it's useful to use parasites with this ability to make up for lost sight range). Enemies under the giant worm while underground will have their movement and attack speed reduced.

I'm probably going to add 2 abilities when it has subterrainian travel; 1 where it leaps out of the ground (cause it looks cool) and another where it moves the ground above it.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
I'm affraid mom that :rolleyes: worm above may eat me.
Isnt that too over?

N

needshelpplz

lol

"I'm affraid mom that worm above may eat me."

:p well the worm's mouth could probably fit in a peasant. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.