[Contest] Hero Contest

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You're not allowed code like this. (Who would've thought that, that'd be such a good example for this rule?)

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Can anyone give a specific example of a trigger using false locals? I still don't get it. All I know is that I can hardly use JASS, and therefore would never do something like Romek's example :p .

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
You're not allowed code like this. (Who would've thought that, that'd be such a good example for this rule?)

lawl if you are going to do something like that, why use the damned GUI interface in the first place?

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
you're not allowed to use locals in gui to make it mui, exactly what emjlr3 said at some posts ago

Ignitedstar

Reaction score
Sounds interesting, but it's so open... @_@

Maybe I will make something. It gives me a nice break from making my map.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
I think I'll have to pass this one

I'll graduate in 2 weeks and there are a lot of exams -.-'

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Graduate? Wow.

I made 7 different JASS functions for 1 skill. Then I realised using pure GUI in a single trigger was fine enough. :( But at least I got some JASS :)

NoobImbaPro

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
at 12 May my national exams start for entering university , but I have time to finish my hero ;P

Ignitedstar

Reaction score
I know this will sound like a dumb question, but I'm going to ask anyway. A hero meant for an AoS and a hero meant for standard RTS gameplay are entirely different. I'm hoping the grading changes depending on how we aim to design our hero. I don't want to make an RTS hero if they're going to be graded like an AoS hero (where they'll be craptacular) or the other way around (they're way too good).

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
I know this will sound like a dumb question, but I'm going to ask anyway. A hero meant for an AoS and a hero meant for standard RTS gameplay are entirely different. I'm hoping the grading changes depending on how we aim to design our hero. I don't want to make an RTS hero if they're going to be graded like an AoS hero (where they'll be craptacular) or the other way around (they're way too good).
I am grading on Spells and Synergy, Not the way the hero functions in different gameplay.

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Is it alright to have a subskill based off one of the hero's four skills? My hero has four active skills, but one of those supplements the others and boosts this subskill, a Bash.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Which is fine, as long as the bash is at least triggered. To get a good grade on a bash skill, just code it well, and then just create one effect on them when its created.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why should the bash have to be triggered? A hero is a hero, a hero that is implemented well with triggers is just as good as one implemented well with the Object Editor.

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
I don't get it. So the effects of the Bash subskill have to be triggered, and gets graded along with the rest?

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Wait. I understand what you meant.

Had to rethink your message. My fault, I apologize.

If theres a subskill added, it does NOT have to be triggered. If you add a non-triggered ability, and its part of the other spell that IS triggered, then you'll be fine. It won't be graded separately.

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Shoot. I spent two hours thinking of a subskill that could be triggered. So should I keep it? The triggered subskill seems a bit inefficient, and the Bash idea was much neater.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Once again I apologize greatly for that, I had school, so I couldn't reply early. If you can make the subskill efficient, and make it look better than a bash, than do that, but if the bash is a better idea, go with that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.