[Contest] Hero Contest

emootootoo

Top Banana
Reaction score
i voted without reading the code, but i did test every hero out in-game with only a quick glance at the code

i voted for the most enjoyable/original hero in the end, which i'm sure most would agree is fair to take a chunk of the grade.
though it does seems kind of redundant that the judge is marking the same criteria that the voters are basically marking.
if i did a hybrid like this i'd just mark code and theme and leave the rest up to the voters

also - i'd be more worried about voter bias than the judge so i'd say voting before grades (the way it is now) is better

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
voters can vote for whatever reason they so choose

thats why its a public vote

NoobImbaPro

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
@Emjlr3
We got PWNED at votes...

@Me
Maybe I had crappy terrain? But this is hero contest, no terrain one.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
was going to ask how's grading going, but...

NeuroToxin
Last Activity May 29th, 2011 09:59 PM

:confused:

keychup

Reaction score
Most schools right about now are either starting their final exams or starting the first day of school.

Dinowc

Reaction score
Now, Romek, he doesn't have a whole lot of free time, with Essays and schoolwork and such. However, I myself, I have hours upon hours of freetime, So I can grade many spells in the timeframe of say 1 week.

I don't care if the grading takes 2, 3 or more weeks, just wanna be sure he didn't ditch us xd

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
These contests are supervised by moderators, you cant just start a contests if the moderators dont have a complete trust in you. i have trust in the moderators thus i trust the jury.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Considering his last login date, therefore him not responding for a week+, it does seem he's just Houdini'd on us *poof*.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've contacted Romek about it, he says wait for two more weeks and then action will be taken if he still does not come back.

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
With this, I feel it was unnecessary of him to close the poll :-/

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
we are dealing with the situation - take solace in the promise of an amiable resolution

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It doesn't look like NeuroToxin's making any progress with this. I have one final exam on Wednesday, so I'll deal with this after that. This is most certainly not what I was expecting from NeuroToxin (who insisted he had too much time, and was very keen on hosting a contest). I'd like to apologize to everyone who put the effort into making the heroes, and also everyone who followed this contest. I'll be more strict with who I allow to host contests in the future, and until then, let this be an example as to why we don't generally allow user-hosted contests.

I'll host the next contest. Feel free to PM any ideas you may have! ;)

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Is it possible for one of the moderators/admins to at least grade this contest so the participants didn't waste all their time?

Dinowc

Reaction score
dump this contest, if you ask me

it wouldn't be fair for the mods (or anyone else) wasting weeks grading someone else's contest

tbh I've already forgotten about this contest until you bumped it xd

Is it possible for one of the moderators/admins to at least grade this contest so the participants didn't waste all their time?
the "wasted" time isn't nearly as much as it would took someone to grade all those heroes, at least it wasn't for me

I simply love making spells and I participate contests like this mostly for fun

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
"It's like a slap in the face!" . . . or however it went :p

I found this amusing, lol: "2 people like this. Be the first of your friends."

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.