[Contest] Official Christmas Spell Contest

Zapat0

Reaction score
Naminators ice spell rules , love that has a chance to be created again.
keep up the good work:)

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
Heres my spell
can't think of cooler spells, and if i can think one, it is still useless because i cant make it

MUI
JASS
requires KaTTana's Handle Vars
lagless

Frozen Death
Shoots several ice balls to the target location, dealing damage and slowing enemy units the gets too close with each ice ball

the screen shots are confusing...try it ingame
also, dont be confused on where the spell is...just find the frozen death spell from the revenant, because i just added bonus spells that fit with the contest, of course, those spells are not included in the contest, just a bonus

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
Sorry but is CSSafety allow?
Or has it been asked? I haven't here for some time as my modem got burnt. T.T

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
I think it should be allowed, but Emjlr3 would be the one to decide. I suggest you to use nothing but attaching systems though.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> has it been asked?

Oh yes.
Every single time Hulk3 holds a contest, some member called "Gals" comes along and asks this.
And, every single time, s?he|it is given the same answer: "No problem".

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
o_O If AceHart joins, this spell contest will become complete.
In other words, this contest is not a contest unless AceHart is in :D

He's our toughest opponent by the way

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
I hope Ace joins, he had not said anything until late last contest, when he suddenly appeared with a spell, perhaps that same shall happen for this one as well

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
BTNFrostBolt.jpg

Frozen Spirits​

Invokes an ice shard that traps the soul of each unit killed. The shard explodes after a while, freezing all surrounding units and damaging them depending on the souls captured within the shard.

Notes:
-Not balanced. Most of the values are set so you can clearly see the effects.
-MUI.
-Stackable. An unit can summon multiple shards, that's why the cooldown is so small.
-Levelable.
-Used Jass and Kattana's Handle Vars System. No other enhancements like NewGen or whatever is new these days. I'm old-school :p.
-I encountered a bug in using handle vars in trigger conditions so I found a pretty redudant way around. Inside the actions, I put an IF statement.

Screenshot (summoning the shard):
Untitled-1.jpg

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Frozen_Spirits.w3x
    35.7 KB · Views: 241

FroznYoghurt

Reaction score
uhhm... i kinda have a beta now. Dunno if im gonna work some more with it or
not. Anyways, here it is:

Chilling Alchemy

IceSpell4-1.jpg

It is a kind of single target damage + summon that requires some timing and aim to use (since ground targeting).
Try it out :)
(Non MUI)

Some pics:

First gathers some energy
IceSpell1.jpg

Then freezes one and slows/damages/knockbaks the rest
IceSpell3.jpg

Then if killed the target will be turned into a snowman
IceSpell2.jpg

Even if it dosent score so well it was fun to make :D (its not like im gonna win if aceheart's entering)
Hate to do this to you judges but i left a pretty messy GUI heap for you :eek:

Added a little christmas theme on my test map (spell is ice thought) :)

1.8 Update: Added so that flying units are turned into flying snowmen. Just didnt make sense otherwise.

1.9 Update: Added Crystal Transmute, if only friendly units are in range the closest friendly unit get a buff. Also changed layout of tooltip, text didn't fit..... did i overdo o_O' ?

Attachments

• FroznYoghurt Ice Spell 1.9 .w3x
    121.7 KB · Views: 240
T

The Mapmaker

Is it too late for me to join? I think I can create a spell in a week.

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
WIP

-50 FPS
If anyone has known me from a while back , I like spells with so much eye candy your computer hangs.

Anyways a hint towards my spell its gonna be loaded with eye candy almost garateed to drop your FPS by 50.
Im going to try to utiliaze everything non - imported that looks good with the icy theme and every trick I know will be probaly be pulled.
Then again it probaly is NOT gonna be mui and will be GUI. Probaly pushing GUI to the limits for this 1.

T

The Mapmaker

By the way, can the spell start with ice and end with water? Or does it have to end with ice?

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
You can submit two spells, worldofDeath, but you must pick which one you want as your actual "submission" before the contest ends.
The Mapmaker said:
By the way, can the spell start with ice and end with water? Or does it have to end with ice?
emjlr3 said:
Your ability must involve water in its solid physical state. However, what happens with this, or as a result of it, is completely up to you.

darkRae, did you get a new idea?

darkRae

Reaction score
Eh? My idea isn't similar to yours.
R@i_no_Wyrm's is. (see His Post)
See my submission, my spell is just pouring ice hails, no transformation from water to ice or freezing or whatever :)

turok255

Reaction score
WIP

-50 FPS
If anyone has known me from a while back , I like spells with so much eye candy your computer hangs.

Anyways a hint towards my spell its gonna be loaded with eye candy almost garateed to drop your FPS by 50.
Im going to try to utiliaze everything non - imported that looks good with the icy theme and every trick I know will be probaly be pulled.
Then again it probaly is NOT gonna be mui and will be GUI. Probaly pushing GUI to the limits for this 1.

Hehe, Im the same way, I love eye candy, My submission had a ton of eye candy and I just got a new computer and it laggs when I use the spell so I figured I had to many frost nova's on the screen at one time so I changed it to the freezing breath animation instead :D

darkRae

Reaction score
Are we allowed to comment on other contestants' spells?
If not, delete this post.

If yes, I want to say:

Naminator, I just realized that your spell wasn't MUI.
It has problems with the first explosion location.

Hatebreeder, strange things happen when I tried to cast the spell multiple times.
Without breaking the channeling.
6sb449g.jpg

Or will this be considered helping other contestants by pointing out their mistakes?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.