[Contest] Tower Contest - Winner Announced

Knocksious

Sweet, I got 2 little green bars!
Reaction score
Hey Hey, Tie for Second

*high-fives Ozaru and DrinkSlurm*

@bobdabuilder: Go for it. I think most people here would let you use their towers. I know I would

Totally looking forward to a Tower Contest II
Maybe even a THEMED Tower contest
*quivers in anticipation*

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> Totally looking forward to a Tower Contest II
Maybe even a THEMED Tower contest

Uhh... did I start something? o_O :p

Comments are done. Expect them soon.

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
Thanks all!

First contest I've won so I'm not really sure what to use this post for, good luck on the next contest all, hopefully we can compete again. (after a break of course >.>)

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Bah! I would've won if I had a spare 30 minutes to type up stuff for implementation (had to finish my tower quickly before vacation). Just 5 points in there would've tied me up with first!

Oh well, I'm the highest person on there that has 0 implementation points! W00t!

Gj to everyone, nearly every tower had an intruiging idea, and brought its own individuality with it! I also agree with most of the scoring too!

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
lol i can say the same about my implementation, i over read that part >.< then when i got the comments, i cant even make them because i dont have a comp that can run wc3 anymore (main broke and laptop is with my bro)

B

bobdabuilder

Hey Hey, Tie for Second
@bobdabuilder: Go for it. I think most people here would let you use their towers. I know I would

i wasn't talking about myself im already working on a map... working hard lol... anyways but yea someone(s) could easily make a good tower defense with all these awesome towers... it would definately be one of the most diverse tds id ever seen... and probably one of the more popular ones too.. you could probably even make it a helpernet forum map if you based it off that td template (with changes in the terrain (for creativity purposes)).

but yea im just pushing for it cause i would like to play a map with lots of custom towers

Guest3z

Reaction score
I had fun making my tower =) and im all for a 2nd tower contest if you ever make one. Congradulations on the winners too, I liked to see the different towers there were lots of cool ideas.

K

Kerberos

Er... I thought that 0 for implementation meant "You protected your map and refuse to tell anyone the secret of how your tower works."

Did I have to post what you do to make my tower tick?

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Did I have to post what you do to make my tower tick?

Basically, I wanted instructions on how to transfer your tower to another map so that someone could use it. If you did nothing of the sort, you got a 0.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
AKA what custom spells/units to make, what to change in these custom spells, what variables to make, and what to set them to, and what needs to be updated in the triggering when you transfer it to a new map (example: if you preset your tower in a string of code and the code is moved to a map that is missing that tower, it will come up as No Unit and needs to be reset).

Am i correct?

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Am i correct?

Yes. That's a good summary.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.