Controllers and PC gaming

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I recently got Dark Souls 2 for PC. I should have done my research, as it's...pretty brutal with a keyboard and mouse. I've read that xbox 360 controllers are great with the PC, but it seems a little steep to me to pay around $50 for a controller for one game. So my question is this: would something like a logitech gaming pad (which is about $20 cheaper) and has a similar look to a 360 controller work well? I asked on the Dark Souls forums, but....trolls.

Thanks for any advice.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I have both. Logitech ones from a long time ago, and then Xbox ones just from having an Xbox. Plenty of games now, especially from Steam, are made to be played with the Xbox controller specifically so 2 things: 1) you could definitely find use for it again; 2) but they sometimes work better/only with the Xbox ones.

The Logitech gaming pads are good but they're... different. Again, as these games are made for the Xbox controller, you'd most likely have to change a lot of the controls and configurations for it to work. I used the gaming pads for awhile with some Steam games but in the end, it was just less of a hassle to use Xbox ones. The actual response and movement of the 360 controllers are better I think, and sometimes the gamepad just isn't compatible/recognizable at all, it depends on the game.

Doing a quick search on google, it seems the gamepad has some troubles with Dark Souls 2 but people have found solutions to get it working. So it's up to you if you want to risk dealing with the issues with the gamepad. Alternatively, you could just try to borrow a friend's 360 controller for the game.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.