Cool Undead/Demon Names

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalosNTariff

Reaction score
I just tend to use either Latin or Jewish Mythology for demon names. The fallen angels/ Dante's Divine Comedy are good sources too. e.g.

Sammeal
Shamyaza
Matteus
etc.

Depends how you want your demons/undead to be, if your looking at savage, mindless ones use more tribal names, for more sophisticated/vampire style use Latin.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
-Excrubilis (tormenting death) (X Croo Billis)
-Margoth (Mar Goth)
-Vyker (Vie Ker)
-Kra'zun (Krah Zun)
-Rhinun' (Rie Noon)

And like you mentioned with Naz'gul, many of those names aren't just random sounds put together - they come from roots like from Latin or something, like with Excrubilis.

Grundy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Wari'Akur
Kijam'Kalb ([blak majik] spelled backwards)
Vuug'Maroth
Vie'Ziniztir

Zasaehal

Reaction score
I know "Nurgle" is a chaos god in the Warhammer universe, I bet it's some historical demon, like something norse or greek. Likely Norse, 'cause I know the Chaos in Warhammer(non 40k) are vikings.

No it is not a historical demon/Norse/or Vikings
I mean really Vikings?
Nurgle: plague, despair, disease and death. Nurgle is a warm and welcoming god who gifts his followers with poxes and boils, rashes and sores. Nurgle thrives in death and decay, growing more powerful as great plagues spread, and his servants seek only to spread disease. People in sickness might pray to Nurgle for relief, but rather than heal the sick, Nurgle helps them endure their illness by removing their pain, all the while exacerbating their physical degeneration.
That is nurgle in a nutshell
He wouldn't be considered a historical god by his followers more or less a Living deity that is with them at all times,ya know like the god in Christianity they look to him for comfort he screws them over.
But back to the Viking part they are not Viking's, they are basically just fanatics who "got touched" by one of the chaos gods and decided to fight for said god.
Also there are 4 chaos gods in total
Tzeentch Khorne Slaanesh and Nurgle
But I wont spoil the surprise look em up and see what you find ;)

Hope this helped.

The Terror of Death

Reaction score
Renxiel is the only name I can think right now.. It is my character's name on world of warcraft though.. i hope you guys like it..

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
One of the most popular threads in the forums on the Search Engines. Bumping for Great Justice!

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Still one of the most visited links in the forum as of now I guiess because of all the random names that are in for some kind of context I have no idea why google thinks it works :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.