Crime Cops: Man fired 19 shots at persistent Jehovah's Witnesses

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Incensed that two Jehovah’s Witnesses approached him in the front yard of his home, an Arkansas man allegedly had his wife retrieve his 9mm handgun from the residence and then fired 19 rounds at the pair’s vehicle, police report.

John Baldwin, 35, was arrested for felony aggravated assault following the incident Saturday afternoon outside his Centerton home.

According to a probable cause affidavit, Baldwin became upset when Laura Goforth and Rachel Boshears began speaking with him on his front lawn. “Get your fucking ass off my property. I moved out here to get away from people like you,” Baldwin told the Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Boshears, 55, told police that, after apologizing to Baldwin, she and Goforth, 47, returned to their car. As they were getting into the vehicle--which was being driven by Boshears’s husband Emerson--both women heard Baldwin say, “Get me my 9.”

Last edited:

DrEvil

FCRI Associate!
Reaction score
Am I the only one that doesn't see what's wrong?
He wanted to be rid of these 'kind' of people. (Everybody hates cold callers)
They were trespassing on his property, he didn't fire at them. (Edit: after reading the story he was firing warning shots to get his point across, like how they tried to get their point across by making contact with him and his family)

Why should anyone have to deal with people they don't want to? (When they are on someone else's property)
If you want to talk to people about God (or any other subject) you should have a sign or something stating what your business is, and the recipients want to talk about it then they can be invited onto premises.

Maybe I seem like I am unreasonable and have a biased opinion on religion, which I don't, I don't dislike religion but I'd prefer if people kept it to themselves and others that believe it in instead of force feeding and trying to convert us.
My answer would be the same for someone trying to sell me chicken at my doorstep or even trying to offer me free money for no apparent reason.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Am I the only one that doesn't see what's wrong?
Yes you are the only one! Seriously, regardless of whether they are considered trespassers. But shooting a gun at them eh? Well, this guy is going to jail! for his little dumbass act! Hmm so, Is It worth "losing your freedom over Jehovah's Witnesses.?"

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Yes you are the only one!

FireCat, stop speaking for other people please. I totally agree with DrEvil on this one. Though perhaps he could have threatened them with a knife for the same effect.

FireCat

Reaction score
Though perhaps he could have threatened them with a knife for the same effect.
But he was the only one before you said anything.
Anyway, Certainly not worth shooting or, threatened them with a knife! Just say you don't want their crap and goodbye! It does work!

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Over here you can simply tell them you dont want them to come back and they wont.

FireCat

Reaction score
Have you ever tried it? I have plenty of experience to say that short of physical violence, there's no way to get rid of some people.
Yes and "you can!" I Haven't had any Jehovah's Witnesses around for a long time.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
My ex wife used to be a Jehova's Witness. She did not really have a choice though as she was born into it. I know alot about the Jehova's now since I was married to her for 10 years. Some of them are real nut cases. I can fully see how someone could start shooting at them like this. You won't see a lot of it though. They probably went by his house a little too often, in some over zealous area.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.