Health Correlation between fast food consumption and low test scores:

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Abstract

BACKGROUND:

  Children in the USA are experiencing obesity and overweight at epidemic rates. Schools have started to make policy decisions based on a popularly presumed connection between nutrition and academic achievement. This study aimed to determine whether such a relationship exists, and if so, its nature.
METHODS:

  Data from the Food Consumption Questionnaire administered to approximately 12 000 fifth graders as part of the nationally representative Early Childhood Longitudinal Study-Kindergarten Cohort was analysed using regression analysis. The analysis used propensity score matching to examine the relationship between students' reported fast-food consumption and their test scores in reading and mathematics. Propensity score matching attempts to control for a host of background characteristics that might be correlated with both fast-food consumption and test scores.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't find the correlation surprising at all. Now, whether there is any causation here is another question. I would not be so convinced of that.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Well, eating too much Junk food isn't healthy. But this Hmm

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, eating too much Junk food isn't healthy. But this Hmm
If you say "too much" you already imply that its unhealthy. Anything is unhealthy if you eat too much of it. Because, well, its just too much.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations!
You have just proven your lack of intelligence once more.

FireCat

Reaction score
Congratulations!
Ah where's your intelligence? Ah Yeah, somewhere right below. Seriously, If you eat TOO MUCH of Junk crap! Of course you would get health issue..
Btw who would eat every Hour/Minutes?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Ah where's your intelligence? Ah Yeah, somewhere right below. Seriously, If you eat TOO MUCH of Junk crap! Of course you would get health issue..
Btw who would eat every Hour/Minutes?
I don't even need a response to make this look ridiculously stupid.

FireCat

Reaction score
I don't even need a response to make this look ridiculously stupid.
Nothing ridiculous about it! It's Just the truth. Well, then go ahead "eat heavy meal with crap food every day."and come back after a year or so.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Although I witnessed this stupidity now for several years it still baffles me to read firecats posts. I just cant comprehend this level of ignorance. It seems impossible to me and yet I can see it clearly with my own eyes. On one hand I am thinking this MUST be trolling but then again, a normal troll wouldnt do this for years...

FireCat

Reaction score
Seriously whats wrong? It's all horribly true Fact! Otherwise there wouldn't be heavy people around the world. Included health problems

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
This man is the king of trolls. We have here, gentleman, the troll of the Great Belt.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.