Corruption

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Hello all who read this,

I wanted to create an effect that give units more sensitivity for damage
So I used the Corruptor-Corruption to do this

Can somebody explain me what is exactly changing in this behavoir?
I searched over and over but can't find anything like '20% more damage'

I saw in the Corruption behavoir options: Supressed movement but for as far I remember, units still can move when corrupted :)

Very hard editor in starcraft 2 but there is possible a lot !

Kerrikiss :)

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
i would use the same type of ability i recommended in an early post on your immunity thread for invulnerability but with a negative value, go simple and make your own abilities... it gets much easier if you do rather than edit something someone else worked on

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
i would use the same type of ability i recommended in an early post on your immunity thread for invulnerability but with a negative value, go simple and make your own abilities... it gets much easier if you do rather than edit something someone else worked on

I disagree. First of all, it's easier and more simple to just edit corruption. The corruption changes the unit's damage taken by a fraction.

To answer your question MissKerrigan, find the behavior called "Corruptor - Corruption". This is the buff that is applied to all units who are targeted by corruption. In this behavior you'll find a field called "Combat: Damage response". If you don't find it, tell me. It means you have different data editor settings.

Double click the damage response field and it'll bring up a new window with more options. Scroll down almost to the end and find "Modify fraction". As you can see, it is already at 1.2. This means the unit will take 20% more damage. 1.3 would mean 30% more damage and so on.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
oh it was a behavior, derp... i was thinking of something else :/ ill stop trying to help with abilities until i am better with them

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Thx Sirete! so it's called fraction, and the number 1.2 is like a multiplier

So let's see if I can edit this to 1.1 at start, 1.12 at upgrade 1, 1.15 at upgrade 2 and at last set it to 1.25 at upgrade 3

Thx Sirete for the 'buff' explain

a Kerrikiss

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.