Other Coup D'etat

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
have you read my post or are you still thinking about it?
i am curious what your game will look like, would you mind uploading some preview minimap? Handdrawn or ingame?

For now I'm working on my Stance System. I'm still thinking about the ATK and DEF Rating. Most likely, I'll keep them because I believe those factors will impact the game nonetheless. And about being the Commander, I think I'll just remove that aspect then. I'm in dire need of a terrain designer. My terraining isn't great, so still waiting for a terrainer. However, if there are no terrainers by the time I complete my Stance System, I'll just have to terrain the map myself.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Most likely, I'll keep them because I believe those factors will impact the game nonetheless.
maybe you are right there, though i want to remind you to keep the games as simple as possible.

yeah terraining is pretty important. though it doesnt make any "real" difference for the actual gameplay it determines the first impression of the game and shows whether the maker (or the team) took time to make the map or just roughly cobbled something together.

i am doing the terrain for my maps by myself and though i wouldnt call myself very skillful its enough for the needs of my rather practical then aesthetical orientated games. i would offer you my mere average skills but i havent gotten alot of time and i doubt i could help you within the next weeks or month, besides i want to work a little on my own project.

well, good luck, i hope you will find somebody skillful.

Earlenlajnen

Reaction score
I know you are primarly looking for a terrain designer, but I would like to volunteer as a Counselor. From what I read in the first post, I understand it's like a beta tester/advisor? I'm interested to hear more about your ideas of the game mechanics and whatnot. The stance system seems a bit complicated though... and i don't really understand how a team can win with three of their teammates channeling in the ceremony.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
I know you are primarly looking for a terrain designer, but I would like to volunteer as a Counselor. From what I read in the first post, I understand it's like a beta tester/advisor? I'm interested to hear more about your ideas of the game mechanics and whatnot. The stance system seems a bit complicated though... and i don't really understand how a team can win with three of their teammates channeling in the ceremony.

Okay sure. Really needed an adviser. Well the point of the Stance System is to add a sense of customization to the game. It would be unwise to change your stance in middle of a battle. Thus, careful planning will be needed between teammates, so that you won't need to change stances in middle of a battle.

Earlenlajnen

Reaction score
Sounds really interesting. How many stances are you planning to add to each hero? How many spells per stance? Remember that for every variable you add to the game it will become more complicated and daunting for new players. Nobody really wants to play a game that they dont understand/think is too hard.

Any luck finding a terrainer?

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Sounds really interesting. How many stances are you planning to add to each hero? How many spells per stance? Remember that for every variable you add to the game it will become more complicated and daunting for new players. Nobody really wants to play a game that they dont understand/think is too hard.

Any luck finding a terrainer?

Yeah, found a person who might be willing to terrain. Hmm, depends on the class really. For classes meant more for attacking, etc. they will have less stances. Characters meant for spamming abilities will have more. But I'm thinking a cap of 4 or 5 stances for 1 hero.

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
Does Coup D'etat means that a group of dudes tries to usurp power and change a country to match their own ideals?

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, a coup (coo) takes place when the government is over thrown.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Recruiting a terrain-er. Seems like ToolTipError is away at the moment.

Updates

14/07/10
Added a demo map for the incomplete Stance System. Stance level is at max by default in the demo map and only 2 stances with 2 abilities are displayed. Just to show how the Stance System works. Map is protected.
Link

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
TERRAIN DESIGNER, ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME, PLEASE, ME ME ME ME ME!
here is my map, take a look in the terrain:
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1265352#post1265352
Take a look on the environment I've created on TOP LEFT + TOP + LEFT (the jungle)

Oo
the trees are of kinda random type, the wooden fence together with ruin rocks looks just wrong and the texture is completely random there + without any deformation.
to me it looks like rather mediocre skills.

mapguy

Reaction score
Oo
the trees are of kinda random type, the wooden fence together with ruin rocks looks just wrong and the texture is completely random there + without any deformation.
to me it looks like rather mediocre skills.

This is JUNGLE THEME, trees are random in a jungle, they are not all the same...
and the fence is something new that was added to an ancient forest, this is the collsision of past and present that represent an human ocupation on a place that was once a sacred jungle.

A) Is it in the right size?
B) The fortress must be bigger or smaller?
C) The road that leads to the fortress must be longer? Narrow or wide?
D) did you like the snowy forest I did around the fortress?

Attachments

• Coup D'Etat terrain.w3x
    110.2 KB · Views: 262

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Updates

19/07/10
Updated Stance System. Now indicates the stance level and experience on a Multiboard. Experience gained is set by Point Value. Shows "+x" when enemies are killed to indicate the amount of experience gained.
Map Link

Credits
Multibars

stancesystem.jpg

Want to hear some feedbacks if possible. Any bugs or any improvement, etc. Thank you.

Attachments

• Stance System Protected.w3x
    28.1 KB · Views: 250

Earlenlajnen

Reaction score
The attachment in the post above does not seem to be the stance system. When I open Wc3 the map is named "Coup D'etat Terrain" and when I test it I am presented with a map with a snowy forrest and a big chunk of tiles in the middle. What happened?

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
The attachment in the post above does not seem to be the stance system. When I open Wc3 the map is named "Coup D'etat Terrain" and when I test it I am presented with a map with a snowy forrest and a big chunk of tiles in the middle. What happened?

Ah yes, sorry about that, posted the wrong map :p

decored

Reaction score
Quest

Why not make a quest type where minor quest are available for scoring extra gold if there is no creep system or creeps in the forest for hunting.
About the orb effect It is annoying but helps in balancing in case of overpowering an attack modifier.The balance result can be seen in dota. Some attacks modifier can be not orb while others extra strong abilities can be orb or restriction of more than one modifier

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.