Couple Fade Filter questions

SyrisX

Reaction score
First off.. I plan on using a bunch of fade filters in a map I am making and I want to know if using a lot of fade filters over time will generate lag. Obviously only one fade filter will be displayed at once but over the course of the game these filters will be used hundreds of times.

Secondly, I noticed that time of day affects the filter. IE, when its day the image displayed is bright, and at night they are dimmed. Is there any way to prevent the fade filter from appearing dim during the night?

Bronxernijn

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
For as far as I know, fade filters will not start to lag. Only 1 way to find out though.... What you could do to make the filter look the same during the night and during the day would be to save the time then set to a specific time when fully faded in and after that reset the stored time.

On the other hand you could try to dim the daylight filter enough and keep the nighttime fully lit, so they both look the same (lower the color values)

SyrisX

Reaction score
Ya, I thought about saving the time as a variable, making it daylight, and recalling the time.. However I have a complex date system with game time based events and wasn't sure how it would work out. I may give it a shot though.

Thanks for your input, I appreciate the ideas

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.