Crime Court finds couple not guilty of child abuse for naming son Adolf Hitler

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Heath and Deborah Campbell, who named two of their children Adolf Hitler and JoyceLynn Aryan Nation, are claiming that a court vindicated them of all abuse allegations last month. But after 33 months in foster care, the children are still not home.

New Jersey Family Court officials had no comment Tuesday.

“Actually, the judge and DYFS told us that there was no evidence of abuse and that it was the names! They were taken over the children's names,” Heath Campbell told NBC 10 Tuesday.

Court records last year stated that the children were not removed from the home because of their names, but because of tangible evidence of abuse or neglect.

Last edited:

eellem1

Life is made of the little things, live it well
Reaction score
No one has the right to tell a person how or what to name their child!!

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
No one who names their child that actually cares about their child.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
No one who names their child that actually cares about their child.

Calling someone Jesus von Nazareth is more legit or what?

The Name Adolf is pretty common in Austria and in Germany you hear that name every now and then. Hitler on the other hand is a bit harsh. That name has a burden too heavy for someone to carry.

Other than sur/last names with historical weight, I think naming your children is a task that always comes from the Heart. If the parents are serious about the name, then so be it, IMO.

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
I'd think of the bullying they'd endure in school :/.. However, I understand that parents feel love for their children in the form of names sometimes so if this wasn't some sick twisted joke, then the name should stay.

Dan

Reaction score
I don't know about "crazed messed up" (sarcasm?) but I think he will have a hard time. You have every right to name your child whatever you want to but it doesn't make it right. Seriously the things I've heard. Sucks to be that kid in school.

xPass

All aboard the xPass Express!
Reaction score
I don't know about "crazed messed up" (sarcasm?) but I think he will have a hard time. You have every right to name your child whatever you want to but it doesn't make it right. Seriously the things I've heard. Sucks to be that kid in school.

Yeah, I totally agree with you. That kid is so going to be made fun of...

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
He will probably go change his name in the future.
Or he will take that name for use and become a powerful dictator.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Holy crap! They should rename themselves to stupidest parents in the world. Really!

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
Wish I had that name, It'll be easy to strike up conversation anywhere!
"Hey, my name's Hitler"

Dan

Reaction score
Holy crap! They should rename themselves to stupidest parents in the world. Really!

This brings up an interesting point actually.

what are the parent's names and do you think they could deal with having crazy names like that? If the answer is "no" you can see where I'm getting...

XD

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
Calling someone Jesus von Nazareth is more legit or what?

The Name Adolf is pretty common in Austria and in Germany you hear that name every now and then. Hitler on the other hand is a bit harsh. That name has a burden too heavy for someone to carry.

Other than sur/last names with historical weight, I think naming your children is a task that always comes from the Heart. If the parents are serious about the name, then so be it, IMO.

The name Adolf is very old-fashioned here in Germany. You'll hardly find any person below 50 who is named like that. And I guess this is partly due to ol' pal Hitler too.
The youngest person I know with that name is a friend of my grandfather who is about his age. And I think my great-grandfather or so was called like that too.

The name Jesus definitely IS better. Jesus is regarded a savior. Hitler is the devil or anti-christ or whatnot.

If I remember correctly you are not allowed to give you child any name. It has to be a real first name, not something imaginary or from another category (e.g. calling your child Refridgerator).
So there already is already a certain kind of protection.

What do you think a child named like this will have trouble with? I'll start once his fellows around him will learn of the real Hitler until he is old enough to be allowed to change names. And even after that you'll have things like "Born a Hitler" (or however you phrase your birth name in documents) which is surely anything but pleasant.

Everytime he'll get into traffic control, go to a job interview, introduce himself to someone - people will look at him and say "is this for real?".

I think it doesn't matter if the name comes from heart of from the phone book. Just like it doesn't matter if "fuck you" means "hello" in <insert foreign language here>. If you say it to a police officer you WILL get into trouble.

If that is not child abuse I do not know.

But seeing how the parents named two of their children it'd probably better to give them to an orphranage, but that's my personal opininon.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I do not see the interest, nor apparent neglect in this. A lot of parents give their kids weird names, this one is just standing out because his middle name is Hitler... which admittedly is a little unusual, but not in itself that bad.

And technically you can say pretty much whatever you want to the police. Telling him to go fuck himself isn't illegal.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
I do not see the interest, nor apparent neglect in this. A lot of parents give their kids weird names.
Would you like to have a weird name?
But seriously, the sad thing is these children have to live their lives with these "stupid crap names.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Would you like to have a weird name?
But seriously, the sad thing is these children have to live their lives with these "stupid crap names.

I do have a weird name.

Cilla

is watching you! Ahh, fresh meat!
Reaction score
Seriously, you're all nerds and got no clue what you're talkin about.

"The Name Adolf is pretty common in Austria and in Germany you hear that name every now and then."

That's totally crap, don't you guys have better things to do than makin up nonsense like this?

Imagine your name is "Adolf Hitler", your life would be totally screwed.

You'd probably get so much neglection that you'll become a brainless moron like all the other Naziheads. I guess thats their parents intention.. if theres any.

I agree with Hatebreeder,

btw. the article says
"Court records last year stated that the children were not removed from the home because of their names, but because of tangible evidence of abuse or neglect."
"New Jersey court documents stated last year that there was alleged abuse and parental incompetence."

There seems to be no restrictions for stupid names, but that alone should be reason enough..
You see what their parents seem to be like..

€:
Ppl tend to forget that AH is responsible for millions of deaths and immense suffering..

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder if he still has the name and if so does he go by it?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.