TD Cowardice TD - Recruiting!

Man-o-Bomb

Reaction score
Idea to tower

Ice Artillery
Maybe an upgrade to the artillery. Each shot creates ice that slows. After some time the ice is melting, increases the AoE but decreases the slow... I hope that isnt simple :)

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Impaling tower - Shoots out a row of spikes, damaging units in a line. Does not stun.

Wind Tower - Shoots a tornado in the direction of a unit. The tornado moves at a very fast rate and deals very a very small amount of damage, But has a chance to toss any unit it hits into the air towards a random point, stunning and dealing damage apon impact.

Liquefier - Has a small chance to instantly turn a unit into water, killing it and pushing units near the target unit away. For each unit that gets pushed by it, it creates a small water elemental to fight for awhile.

Linking tower - Any unit that collides with the unit the tower is attacking will get linked to it -- Whatever damage done to the linked units with be done to other linked units. When the tower switches targets, or the target dies, the units will be unlinked. (Healing them all by small amounts for balance?)

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
It's just, the rest of the towers are complex

Your point being...? Just make sure the towers are good, I don't like the idea of playing a TD with rubbish towers.

Got a tower idea (not sure of a decent name)
Incinerator
Whenever this tower hits the target, it sets the target on fire, increasing it's temperature by (A to B) degrees. When the unit reaches C degrees, it combusts, dealing damage to nearby units. Temperature drops at a rate of D degrees per second.

And the units colouring should get progressively more red when temperature increases, and less red when it decreases

Is that complex enough (and by complex, do you mean coding-wise or effeect-wise)

Man-o-Bomb

Reaction score
Idea to tower

Ent Tower
At the day, this tower can move around and attack, at the night, its a tree (blocking)... Maybe a maximum of 2-3 for no over-block (or whatever you call it)

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Ent Tower
At the day, this tower can move around and attack, at the night, its a tree (blocking)... Maybe a maximum of 2-3 for no over-block (or whatever you call it)
Instead of making tons of posts in a row, maybe you could try getting over 3 ideas and put them in one post, and edit it when you think of more.

Man-o-Bomb

Reaction score
Idea to tower

Explosion Tower
For every kill this tower get, it gets a little more red, (maybe also begins to burn) when it gets X kills it creates a giant explosion and returns to normal

Zaraf

Reaction score
lol, I didn't even realize this thread went onto multiple pages...and here I was thinking there were no more posts :p hahaha

Yeah, the people working on this project is kinda weird....

Im_On_56k was doing a great job, but then he had final exams and projects so he's been absent for about a month now. He's suppose to be coming back any time now.

The other two guys who were doing minor things dropped out for whatever reasons they had.

I've been scrimping help from random people who know how to code in JASS and such, and I've got a list of those people, but no one else so far has "dedicated" themselves to helping out.

I need to finish this project quickly....only about a month left until my wedding, and once that happens, I won't have ANY time to work on this map (at least for several weeks). So I NEED to finish this quickly.

CEMEHbl4

Reaction score
What is Cowardice TD all about and what makes it so unique?

Unlike almost all other TDs, in Cowardice TD, your builder is NOT immune from the creeps.

and you call it SO UNIQ?
i know at least 3 maps with this SO UNIQ staff

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
1) It's "unique", not "uniq".

2) It's a form of advertisement, the point isn't to say "so" as in the best, but to attract people.

3) you know 3 maps? that's good for you, did anyone ask?

Well... good luck with this, 3 weeks lol.

Zaraf

Reaction score
and you call it SO UNIQ?
i know at least 3 maps with this SO UNIQ staff

I said the map is unique. I didn't say the fact that the builder is not immune is the only thing that makes it unique. And if you notice, I said that "almost all"...meaning, that I recognize the fact that there are a few other TDs that have a builder that can die. But the vast majority of them do not have this.

However, if you consider everything involved in the map, then it IS unique.

1) Builder not immune
2) Multiple random creep paths
3) Builder is a hero
4) Purchase different armor types

And many more features which I choose not to reveal at this time. So yes, my map is indeed unique.

And here's a tip, next time you want to try a cut someone down, try to learn the language you're speaking in first so you don't look like a total idiot yourself.

Zaraf

Reaction score
Well, I'm back from getting married :) Unfortunately, I was not able to finish off the map for an initial release as I had hoped, and my time to work on the map is extremely cut down now due to all the new things in real life I have to deal with now. This means I'll have to work faster in the small amount of time I do get, and as a result, the high level of quality I was aiming for might come down a little.

In any case, I haven't given up on this and I'm really hoping I can still finish this.

cowmenace

Reaction score
just a quick idea - make the creeps travel faster as they get closer to the unit and increase bounty the closer the unit is. This will provide more strategy to the game, and will require more involvement from the player, which is always an aspect of not being bored.

Zaraf

Reaction score
Well, it's been awhile. After having my main guy just abandon me, and with my wedding and work and stuff, this project was basically put on a haitus. However, I've gotten back my motivation to finish off this project assuming I can get the right people on board to help complete it.

If anyone is interested, please contact me and we can get this thing rolling again :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.