Health "Cracking" Your Neck or Back via Spine Manipulation to Ease Pain Could Trigger Stroke

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Having your neck and your back "cracked" or undergoing spinal manipulations carried out by chiropractors could lead to 'catastrophic' health problems like strokes, warned some experts.

Tens of thousands of patients undergo spinal manipulation every year by trained health professionals in which the back or neck is "cracked" to relieve pain and improve physical function.

However a group of doctors are now saying that this "clinically unnecessary" treatment should be abandoned because it can produce some serious side-effects that affect two in three people at some point in their lives.

Researchers, writing in the British Medical Journal, say the representatives of chiropractors and osteopaths should advise their members the risks outweigh the benefits by too much to justify the use of manipulation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
Do not believe in this report. I've been studying ancient Traditional Chinese Medicine for over four years now, and ancient people, not only the Chinese, have been treating people by "cracking" their spines and neck vertebrae. It pops the joints back into place and relieves the pressure of any temperoary out-of-place vertebrae by popping them back into line. It is very comforting. I have experienced this countless times, and done this to many many people already. Almost every time, anyone who has had this "crack" performed on them in the right way will feel relaxed and very comfortable. This practice is very effective and has helped millions of people already.
This "group of doctors" are right when they target those untrained, unprofessional doctors who try to perform these "cracks". Yes, they can be dangerous when done by untrained people who use brute force. The "crack" just requires a bit of technique, and not so much force actually.
All in all, make sure you find a real health care professional when you're going to get "cracked", and you will usually feel results instantly.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to say that there are some health professionals accidentally crack your ribcage, thus breaking your bones. So, don't trust all health professionals, just a majority of them is enough.

Source. (Chinese)

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
Well, I have been cracking my back in all my life. One thing I can say, is that it does temporarily relieve pain. One thing I can also say is that I still have chronic back problems.

Another fact: chiropractors are not real doctors... There are real doctors to see on these things. They are called orthopedists, rheumatologists, and neurologists.

I have hyperextended my back before getting it cracked in. It ends up hurting much more. I don't know what to believe, but I know that I will have issues all my life with my back. Back pain sucks.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
A chiropractor should refuse go "anywhere nearby someones neck " Really!

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
My daughter works at a Chiropractic clinic and she got her first adjustment today. You could hear the cracks resonate throughout the clinic. She Loved It! Say what you want about Chiropractors, when an Adjustment is done right it feels like heaven!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.