Crafting in unit with 3 buttons

xandor

Reaction score
Im trying to make a unit called Tannery with 3 buttons: Craft Coat, Craft Boots, Craft Gloves.

I made everything for it but it always craft the last item.

Trigger:
  • Tannery Craft Coat
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Craft Coat
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • And - All (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 1)) Equal to Deer Hide
              • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 2)) Equal to Rope
        • Then - Actions
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot 1)
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot 2)
          • Hero - Create Coat Level 1 and give it to (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing

Trigger:
  • Tannery Craft Gloves
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Craft Gloves
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • And - All (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 1)) Equal to Deer Hide
              • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 2)) Equal to Stone
        • Then - Actions
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot 1)
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Casting unit) in slot 2)
          • Hero - Create Gloves Level 1 and give it to (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing

And same for boots.

The unit got the abilitys:
Inventory(hero) Craft Coat, Craft Gloves, Craft Boots

And whichever button i press i always craft the same item.
First i crafted Always Gloves, then i tried changing requirement for Gloves so it is different and now it craft only boots (even if i press gloves button with the materials for boots... then it shouldnt do anything)

I think every ability that unit has gets cast when i press any of the buttons, but why?

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
I'm assuming that all three of your abilities are based off of the same base ability. Using the same base ability for multiple custom abilities will cause issues with the Order ID. You will need to base your abilities off of three different base abilities.

xandor

Reaction score
Ok, thanks.
Hard to find many ability that suits so good, isnt it possible to use the same ability over and over and just change something? Right now they are based on thunderclap, quite much work if i need to take something like avatar and change it similar to thunderclap to use it.

Tried making one of avatar. Works but i dunno how to get rid of the avatar. So when i press the button it cast avatar.

Grymlax

Probably not around
Reaction score
there are only a few abilities for who you can change the order id. two of them are Channel and Spell book.

of the top of my head, here are a couple of spells you could use as a substitute for thunder clap:
war stomp
Roar
taunt
fan of knives
slam

Chilling

Reaction score
If you need more skills that cast with no target, go to the trigger editor, make a new action: Unit - Issue Order with no Target. Look through the dropdown list and you'll see all of the no-target skills.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Ok, thanks.
Hard to find many ability that suits so good, isnt it possible to use the same ability over and over and just change something? Right now they are based on thunderclap, quite much work if i need to take something like avatar and change it similar to thunderclap to use it.

Tried making one of avatar. Works but i dunno how to get rid of the avatar. So when i press the button it cast avatar.

You don't need to base your abilities off different units. I think you can just change the order ID. It's in the data field.

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
You can only change the Order ID of a few abilities, for example Channel. For most abilities, you cannot.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
You can only change the Order ID of a few abilities, for example Channel. For most abilities, you cannot.

Then obviously base the ability off Channel. It's ideal anyway since it's so easy to change from unit, point, and AoE and does pretty much nothing.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.