Crash When Activating Mod

U

Unregistered

I GET CRASHED BACK TO THE DESKTOP WHEN I TRY TO ACTIVATE ANY MODS. I HAVE A GEFORCE CHIPSET WITH A GEFORCE TI 4600 WINDOWS XP ATHLON XP 22OO+ 512 DDR RAM AND K7N2-DELTA MOBO I HAVE UPDATED DETONATOR DRIVERS FOR THE VID CARD UPDATED BIOS AND DRIVERS FOR THE MOBO AND I STILL GET THE CRASH I HAVE CHANGED THE VICEODEFAULT.CON FILE TO TWEAK IT EVERY POSSIBLE WAY AND I STILL GET THE SAME PROBLEM I CANNOT GET RTR, DESERT COMBAT OR EOD TO ACTIVATE.

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
we talking a 100% legit copy of BF ??
i can understand that some mods are buggy as hell .
but with RTR you shouldbe able to click the RTR icon on your desktop .

Wargy

ps your caps lock key seems tobe broken . Compusa sells a new one for $7

U

Unregistered

we talking 100% legity copy and i get dumped to desktop everytime

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
damn CTD happens alot and it seems with 1.4n patch it seems tobe getting worse .

and i got no clue . EA is acting like an arse.

this might lead to no where but try an older patch .
or better reinstall and play it unpatched ..
if that works then it is super simple that patch 1.4 causes some crash with the hardware you have . this would put us one step futher troubleshooting this . but since EA doesn't give a shit i doubt there willbe a solution unless i can proof there is a problem with their patch

U

Unregistered

THX FOR THE HELP I RE-INSTALLED WITH NO PATCH AND I GOT THROUGH THEN I PATCHED 1.3 AND GOT THROUGH, THEN I PATCHED 1.4 AND DUMP TO DESKTOP

GREAT PATCH EA

MUCH CONGRATULATIONS ON A GREAT PATCH!!!!!!!!!!!

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
ah this is constructive !
so it is patch 1.4 related.
now the next step is why does it crash on some computers and alot of puters not .
what are your system specs

Dtere

Administrator
Reaction score
na wargy look at that other post with that CTD problem towards the top, he has an Intel

but it does seem to be a problem with the geforce 4 TI series...

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
so it is a GF 4 problem
i wonder what happens if people go back to the 28.xx series drivers.

U

Unregistered

Same problem here.I have a g-force 4 mx 440 se 64mgb video card , pentium 3 800 mhz comp with 638 mgbs of ram. Seems like the g- force card might have something to do with it since everyone else here has the same problem.

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
okay old drivers won't work .
maybe patch 1.5 will correct this problem .
they have to patch anyways coz the new superman xploit is getting rather annoying where ppl can shoot thru walls at the berlin map .

no matter if the server is pure or not

K

killa_K

Hey i seem to have the same problem..... when i starta ny mod it kicks me back to desktop....i got G-force 4 TI4800 SE 128 MB. P4 2800mhz 512MB RAM 120GB HDD Windows 98 Intel 875 Motherbored..........did i forget anything guess not!!!
but the game seems to kick me out .. i got battlefield v1.4
i read the above and il try tp patch it to v1.3 but if its my PC's fault then pls reply....
byeeeee alllllll

K

KillaK

yesssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! patching it back to 1.3 is great...... it still doesnt help!!!!!!
and yeah.... its original well guys any help here would be great!!!!!!!111

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.