Technology Crazy new spy robot gathers intelligence and then melts into a puddle

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Researchers have detailed a melting spy robot that could one day collect information and then melt into an oily puddle after being exposed to UV light or heat. The design of such a robot is highlighted in a paper currently published on the pre-publication server arXiv. According to the paper, the soft robot could collect intelligence as well as take care of other things that might be needed by such a machine.

The melting spy robot is what scientists refer to as a soft robot, meaning that it is made up of materials that are more flexible than those found on conventional robots. These softer materials allow the robots to be more flexible, and they’ve been proposed for several jobs, including delivering medicine to wild animals and even cancer-fighting robots that can travel to specific parts of the body.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Varine Varine:
    His account on GitHub also hasn't had any activity since March. idk how often he's on there, though.
  • jonas jonas:
  • jonas jonas:
    maybe you can find him on linkedin
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I found his email and emailed him but have not heard back. I dont like it
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Ohhh, I just came back from the airport. I'm so sorry. I was completely off grid since I left to Taiwan.
    Here's what happened. The earthquake happened while I was high above Hawaii.
    After landing, I got news that a big earthquake struck. Since I'm only there in Taiwan for a week, I figured the best option I have is to make sure my family is safe, and that we are all good to go from there.
    I didn't get any phone service plans because I am mainly visiting my family and staying indoors. Well, the earthquake made me forgot to go get phone service.
    And then a few days later, just north from my family, there was a giant plastic industrial complex that caught on fire, with the blaze burning for 1.5 days.
    There was some air pollution and smog outside.
    We did our Ching Ming Festival indoors with my father's family side, and occassionally traveling down southward to visit some farmlands, and paying a visit to my grandmother and my uncle on my mother's side.
    The whole trip was quite hectic, with occasional afterquakes throughout the week. This whole time, I completely forgot about giving updates on TH. :p Again, sorry for the lack of communications.
    As for Github, I often frequent there, boasting about my genetic algorithm for tools-assisted speedrunning and such. I'm also pretty active on Discord, with my tag @asperatology.
    Yeah, the whole earthquake + air pollution combo made me completely forget about bringing updates. I'll be sure to keep on top of things after all things are less requiring my attentions.
    +2
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am just glad that you are OK Tom! Thank you for the update!
  • Varine Varine:
    Glad to hear you're okay! I only knew about your Github cuz I tried to follow some of you when I was learning how to program, but didn't understand any of it so kind of quit paying attention to what anyone does on it
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Freaking storm outside is kicking!
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    I wouldn't know, I'm in Joliet, Illinois right now working. I left Houston area about 2 weeks ago lol
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    Not permanently of course, just a temporary job.
    +1
  • jonas jonas:
    Glad you're ok @tom_mai78101
  • jonas jonas:
    @Blackveiled you know another word for permanent? temporary
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Briefly, he'll only be there for the interim. Like a stopgap of sorts, he'll be back home in short time
  • O Old Mountain Shadow:
    Hurray! Tom has reappeared!

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.