create an icon

Pyromancer

Reaction score
hey,

i was wondering, i want to make an icon, but i cant find a programe thatl actualy let me draw it out, like well, in microsoft paint. i can find stuff thatl let me do effects, but not much else..... if you no any programs thatl let me do this, please tell me. or maby, do i have to draw it out, then convert it to tga? :confused:

thanks in advance

Pyromancer

ps, how do i change what is says under my name, like instead of jr newbie or whatever

D

darkassaisin

lol u can'y change wats under ur name. and adobe photoshop is a really good program. its expensive tho. but its really the only good one tho.

Pyromancer

Reaction score
i thought you coud, like on ace heart, squarge, 0cssin (or however you spel it) hmmmmm, weird....

hey ace hear, howd ya do that????

Pyromancer

Pyromancer

Reaction score
ok, thx. so basicly, i have to give alot of good advice, and be very helpful to get the "special membership"? coooo, who can give me the special mem., just you, or admins, or who?

ps, id really like one... :D

S

ShaiTan-Enk

You know, you're never going to get one that way. You might just irritate the admins by doing it. Then again, they might find it amusing.

Sargon

Reaction score
Pyromancer said:
ok, thx. so basicly, i have to give alot of good advice, and be very helpful to get the "special membership"? coooo, who can give me the special mem., just you, or admins, or who?

The Helper's the one who makes the decisions. So it's just him. He promotes people to it who...well, who are helpful and contribute positively to the community. So yeah, just be nice and help people.

ShaiTan-Enk said:
You know, you're never going to get one that way. You might just irritate the admins by doing it. Then again, they might find it amusing.

I know I would. I'd probably end up making a point to neg-rep the person every time he or she asked to be a special member. I'm not sure that's what you want, though.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Good editors are:

Adobe Photoshop (CS2 is the latests one quite recent. It's the ultimate program for stuff like this).

Paint Shop Pro (I've only used it like once, so I don't know much about it).

ULead Paint (Something like that, never used).

Go here and then in the search bar just go to Imaging section or search for something. I think you can download Photoshop, 30 Day trail version there, so you can check it out.

Hope that helped,
-Husky

Pyromancer

Reaction score
Pyromancer said:
coooo, who can give me the special mem., just you, or admins, or who?

i was just kidding.... thx husky, ill try one mabey. do you have do buy it (probly) i doubt ill be able to tho.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I thought on the skinning,loading screen and icons pages there was a link to the ULEAD website, i thought that could do image editing.

but yes, photoshop is much prefered by lots of warcraft skinners etc.

but do look on the skinning page, there are some useful links for tips and tricks for skinning which can be used for icons.

~Jindo

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
If u want a good icon just ask jindo i think hes the man with the icons now :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.