Create mass trees?

nabbig2

Reaction score
I have a crapload of trees on the sides of my map, and they increase the loading time to be increased significantly. How can I make masses of trees through triggers? I know you can make them, but is there any technique to fill in a region with trees or something? Going 1 by 1 seems impossible.

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
elasped game time is 15 seconds
create 500 loradareon trees in region x

something like that?

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
If destructible creation works like unit creation, (and I expect it does) just make a trigger like this: (freehanded)
Code:
Event - Map Initialization
Condition - number of destructibles of type (tree) in (region you want filled with trees) less than 500
Action - Create 1 (tree) at (random point in (region)) 
Run (this trigger) (checking conditions)

This should fill up the region and a little around the edges. Then just repeat this trigger for each region that you want filled.

Good luck.

nabbig2

Reaction score
If destructible creation works like unit creation, (and I expect it does) just make a trigger like this: (freehanded)
Code:
Event - Map Initialization
Condition - number of destructibles of type (tree) in (region you want filled with trees) less than 500
Action - Create 1 (tree) at (random point in (region)) 
Run (this trigger) (checking conditions)

This should fill up the region and a little around the edges. Then just repeat this trigger for each region that you want filled.

Good luck.

Sounds like it would work, but I can't find Count Destructibles in Region, like there is Count Units in region. Any idea how to go at counting the trees?

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 100, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Destructible - Create a Summer Tree Wall at (Random point in (Playable map area)) facing (Random angle) with scale 1.00 and variation 0

Leaks.

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Just so you know, the event "Map Initialization" increases the loading time, since Map Init is the loading time :D

nabbig2

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 100, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Destructible - Create a Summer Tree Wall at (Random point in (Playable map area)) facing (Random angle) with scale 1.00 and variation 0

Leaks.

For some reason it's only making one tree.

cowmenace

Reaction score
You know that it takes the same amount of time to load in the map initialization as it does if you trigger it? The only difference is that you're not making people wait on the loading screen longer, you're just giving them hope that the game has started but really it just lags it up. Seems like a downer to me

cowmenace

Reaction score
naw. If you really want, you can take a screenshot of trees, photoshop it to real size, then import the picture XD idk, you can get creative like making the trees slightly bigger not noticeable but a little but so there's less of them... there's some other options

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
For some reason it's only making one tree.

That's because it's trying to make a bunch of tree at a single point, which it can't do. You'll need to create a separate point for every single tree, then create it. I encountered this problem myself.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
you could put in a bunch of units with no models at every point you want a tree, then make a pick every unit loop and pick all those modeless units, remove picked unit, add tree at point of unit. I am pretty sure a unit with no model would take less time to load in the WE, but it would probably increase loading time in actual game play significantly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.