Creating a guild website for WoW

zoll3

Reaction score
Hey all.

I have a really good core guild on the european server Kor'gall.

We are aiming pretty high, and so far the only thing we need to be more attractive to high end gamers and readers as well, is a sweet website.

I am not a good coder or anything myself, so thats why im creating this post.

I want to know if anyone out there knows any good CMS that supports world of warcraft in a good way.

Should be easy to administrate, and customize your banner if you'd like.

And, if theres someone out there, whos incredible insane at coding and stuff like that, who gets bored sometimes, i would love to make a request, paid one or not, a word with the guy/gal would be awesome.

Oh and i have tried wowstead.com and guildlaunch.com- but its all public default website for all guilds, and im kinda looking for something unique.

any advice for a good guild site is appriciated!

Thanks in advance!

zoll3 / Christian

Xorifelse

I'd love to elaborate about discussions...........
Reaction score
A forum always works for a guild, thought I am not into the game and neither do I know what functionality you want. PHPbb is a free forum which allows custom mods, specifically build for WoW.

For example:
http://www.explodinglabrats.com/listmembers.php

You really need to be specific here, a CMS ( content management system ) can mean a LOT of things, including forums.

Secondly, we'd need to know what web server you're running / renting. Is it capable of server sided execution such as PHP, does it have database storage, such as MySQL or is it just plain HTML, or nothing yet?

And I know there are a couple of good coders around here, but I doubt anyone of them is bored or would do it for free. For us programmers / web designers, there is always something more interesting to code or just a little fix there and a small update there... It never ends.

zoll3

Reaction score
I'm interested in a whole website with a forum builded in.

What im looking for specificly is a website like: www.vodka-guild.com

With all the kinds of features there.

And about the CMS, im thinking more in the direction of something like webSPELL, php fusion, or systems like that, just more wow supportive.

And we (the guild) are willing to pay for a really good website, if anything else wont go anywhere.

Thanks for your reply.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Hmm. What exactly do you need out of the site? A CMS and a place to post?

zoll3

Reaction score
Hmm. What exactly do you need out of the site? A CMS and a place to post?

Yea well, i would like an admin panel, to do evrything that should be neccessary.

Like posting news articles
Editing the guild recruitment status
Modifying/updating the roster page
Adding pictures and text to a progress page.
A few more content areas to add stuff like rules, or application requirements and such.

And ofcourse a forum.

As well as, a live chat wouldnt be bad, but not a must at all

Lyerae

Reaction score
I can give you a full category on my forums, as well as a CMS that you can use for the guild.

The only problem though, is that I can't give you an FTP account or a cPanel account, or administrative powers on the board (you'd have moderator over your guilds section, as well as anyone else you want) and that the forums would be a part of an already existing community (some of us do play WoW though.).
It'd be free though.

zoll3

Reaction score
I can give you a full category on my forums, as well as a CMS that you can use for the guild.

The only problem though, is that I can't give you an FTP account or a cPanel account, or administrative powers on the board (you'd have moderator over your guilds section, as well as anyone else you want) and that the forums would be a part of an already existing community (some of us do play WoW though.).
It'd be free though.

Sorry, i really want our own specific guild website thats just for us.

But thanks for the offer though.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Check out www.vBulletin.com
Very powerful forum and CMS. Especially with the new vBulletin CMS system, combined with the forums is very powerful.

Lyerae

Reaction score
vBulletin is expensive though. Not really good for an unestablished community.

Oninuva

Reaction score
vBulletin is expensive though. Not really good for an unestablished community.

Worth the investment in the long run, but again it's just a guild site so something cheaper would prolly be best. GL

zoll3

Reaction score
Check out www.vBulletin.com
Very powerful forum and CMS. Especially with the new vBulletin CMS system, combined with the forums is very powerful.

Is that vbulletin supported in the way that i might be able to add something like recruitment, roster, or progress sections?

And i was actually looking for a "nonpay" option, so :(

BUMP! hope theres anyone out there with any better ideas,

but thanks for your replies.

Oninuva

Reaction score
Is that vbulletin supported in the way that i might be able to add something like recruitment, roster, or progress sections?

And i was actually looking for a "nonpay" option, so :(

BUMP! hope theres anyone out there with any better ideas,

but thanks for your replies.

vBulletin does have custom mods that support roster, recruitment, progression, etc.

airgamer

Reaction score
Use either wordpress or Enjin. Enjin is a gaming CMS designed with flexibility and user friendliness catered to gaming and clan sites. www.enjin.com It has a free package as well as some affordable premium packages.

In terms of form software, enjin's got a nice forum software, similar to vbulletin.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.