Creating camera on model in data editor

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

i'm just tring to make a TPS and i have some problems with the camera (i have big problems with targheting system too but i will create my own traceline in the future).

Using the camera command "follow unit" it's non the better idea because the camera isn't firmly locked at the back of the unit but has some inertia when units starts to move and when stops. The second one but more important is that in clase spaces the camera stucks in corners and objects making impossible to play (you can only play in very open spaces).

So a friend told me to try to create a camera for the model of the unit used (like portraits that have their own camera) as pg that is locked in the upper back.

It could be the answer? Where can i find a toutorial that explains how to create cameras in the data editor (like Siretu's tutorials on how to make a unit, a weapon and an ability from scratch that teach you the method so you can create in the future your own custm unit)?

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
The camera objects for portraits are built into the model file. As such, you would need to use a modelling program to edit the model to add a camera (I don't think this can be done with the data editor). Also, even if you were able to add a camera to the model, I don't know if you can apply that camera object for a player. I haven't really tried doing this so someone might be able to come up with a way.

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I tried, just for fun, to change the model in marine's actor from "Marine" to "Portrait-Marine" and then i used (in the trigger editor) tha action "Apply camera on a model" (i have the italian editor so i dont know if i translated the name of the action in the right way) an it works, the camera changes and is stuck in front of the model even if it moves around the map. So you were right, i have to add the camera in the model ( i will ask a friend to do this :) )

When i will have the model edited i will post if it works or not.

Meanwhile suggestions and tips are wellcome :)

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Another question... the "forward" diretcion is also set in 3d art model? Or can i change it in the SC2 editor?

I created a unit with monorail model but it moves with is "left side" forward...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.