[Crime] Rape victim gets 200 lashes

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Riyadh - A court in the ultra-conservative kingdom of Saudi Arabia is punishing a female victim of gang rape with 200 lashes and six months in jail, a newspaper reported on Thursday.

The 19-year-old woman - whose six armed attackers have been sentenced to jail terms - was initially ordered to undergo 90 lashes for "being in the car of an unrelated male at the time of the rape", the Arab News reported.

But in a new verdict issued after Saudi Arabia's Higher Judicial Council ordered a retrial, the court in the eastern town of Al-Qatif more than doubled the number of lashes to 200.

Read the whole story here.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Wow... No where in the Quran does it say you should punish women or men that were in the wrong place at the wrong time or did the wrong thing like that...

juty

Zoom out problems look smaller
Reaction score
AHHHH 200???? 1 is enough lol it hurts allot lol
poor laddy tho

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
WTF. Punish a rape VICTIM. WTF. WTF. That's the only thing I can say to this: WTF. WTF.... I say give 500000000 lashes to the dumbshit Jury.

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
Man that is really disturbing. I think that she most likely wanted it though. I mean if I was a girl and wanted to be rapped what would I do? I would clearly go and just sit in a car waiting for it. I mean that must be a clear signal to others that I am advertising and I want to be taken advantage of. That's why they punished her.

...I hope you know that I am being cynical. Isn't the abuse that she has endured more than enough to deal with? That is truly messed up, nuts. :nuts:

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
just the regulations are messed up.

Women aren't allowed to drive
Women have to cover self head to toe
Lawyer got license taken for challenging verdict

I know there are customs, but stuff like that just seems harsh.

As for the victim, she suffered rape and now has to recieve 200 lashes?!?!
And people thought the U.S. court was messed up :rolleyes:

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
That's a very crucial punishment :eek:

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Omg.
How can people just do that. She's innocent.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
This mainly has to do with religious purposes... If you have never read the Quran then you don't know why they did that even though they shouldn't have...

Turnip

Reaction score
200 lashes? The legal limit in Rome was 40, and that was the death penalty.

(Jesus got 39 lashes! :p)

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
theres no women rights in Saudi Arabia (or not many)
So... to them its normal
To us its horrible...

I sentence the jury of this case to death XD
Mizuio Ken has Spoken!

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
[Crime] Report: King pardons rape victim

(CNN) -- Saudi King Abdullah has pardoned a rape victim who had been sentenced to 200 lashes and six months in prison in a case that sparked international attention, a Saudi newspaper has reported.

King Abdullah issued the royal pardon on Monday, Al-Jazirah newspaper quoted a Saudi Justice Ministry official as saying.

Saudi sources told CNN that the king's pardon was not related to the beginning of the Hajj nor the Eid al-Adha festival that follows, which is normally when the Saudi monarch issues amnesty for prisoners.

Read the rest here.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Horray! Hazza!

Still. I feel sorry for the girl. SUE THE GANG-RAPERS!!! :D Get some cash! Move to US!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.