Crit cancels buff placers?

Reaction score
I'm trying to make a triggered splash damage, and am using frost arrows as a base with 0.01 duration for the damage detection, but it seems that when crit procs, it prevents the placing of the buff?

Any ideas for work arounds?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Critical Strike is also Orb Effect when it's active. No workaround, I'd say.

You probably want to check out the damage detection system?

canons200

Reaction score
the critical will replace the frost arrow when it activated, unless your critical % is very high, if not your frost arrow will trigger most of the time.

if you want frost arrow + critical at the same time, you can use trigger add damage on top of your frost arrow.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> DD systems can handle that right?

You probably want to check it out. I'm not too sure. Try out the Hulky one. I'm not good in JASS.

Reaction score
Well like I said, I wanted the triggered splash only to go off if it was auto-cast, much like Orb of Annihilation, so I was using frost arrows to detect the buff.

I also wanted the crit damage to splash, but since the crit cancels the buff, therein lies the problem...

EDIT::
@vypur
I'm not good at JASS either :p

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
Yup. Does it make a difference if they're melee? o_O

Ya...what you can do??

Trigger all :)

use frost arrow to detect when damage happen and empoisoned spear (something like this... neutral and orcs use it) to detect the critical..

so...

frost arrow = orb effect
empoisoned spear = buff placer

so both will work..

just make a random numer between the percentage what you want to critical happen :D and the frost arrow like what you need..

also when a unit is hited by the Buff Placer, you pick every unit with X range of 'triggering unit' and deals 'damage taken' :p i think work, if not, say

EDITTT: or you can do all with just a buff placer (better use it then orb effect, cause orb effect is much better then buff placer and lots os itens use orb effect :D just my side)

canons200

Reaction score
if u want to make range splash + critical damage, use trigger.

with trigger detect the buff, then pick every unit in XXX range and then cuase ur unit to damage those unit in range.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.