Critical, Hardened Skin, Orb of Lightning/Slow high proc rate bugged?

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
Are those abilities bugged when close to 97% proc rate? (80-97)

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=123653

I'd like to have more data on it from other users. Just run the map and try a proc rate on each type of skill. Then post a screenshot.

"-test 1000" (to make a dataset of 1000, not sure if it needs to run twice for -orbs) then...
"-orbs" once all units died...
"-avoid" ...
"-block"...
"-crit"...
use "-remove" when you feel bored of a test (or stop at 1000 if you feel so)

dmgtestj.jpg

dmgtest2.jpg

note: on crit, if you see red numbers apeparing (Critical Strike) and then they stop appearing, it's because warcraft 3 reached the 100 texttags limit.

note 2 : weird that Evasion is not affected by that bug. Perhaps because it does not tend to avoid 1 hit every x attacks, while the other abilities do...

TheCrystal

Reaction score
Your note 2 confused me, I thought it was refering to note 1.

Just looked at it.

Obviously Blizzard fucked shit up again with this or something. There's quite literally no reason that I can think of for any of this to bug like that, that or it's the guy who made the system's fault.

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
i dunno y but iv got alot of units using crit and the text still comes up after 30 mins into the game are u sure that it stops apearing?

KileRatZ

Reaction score
OP is correct, I actually got to the same conclusion a few months ago with a map of my own, made a few hundred blademasters critting and then checked how high the % chance truly is, here are my findings after 1 million hits per each possible percentage from 30% onward:
- 30% --> 29,12326% (this one was tested with 10M)
- 35% --> 33,5590%
- 40% --> 37,7428%
- 45% --> 41,7995%
- 50% --> 45,6850%
- 55% --> 49,3820%
- 60% --> 52,9197%
- 65% --> 56,3705%
- 70% --> 59,7804%
- 75% --> 63,2070%
- 80% --> 66,6866%
- 85% --> 70,4326%
- 90% --> 74,9626%
- 95% --> 81,3153%
- 100% --> 100%

Edit: this applies to skills based on pulverize, critical strike, bash, cleave, and hardened skin, because those are the skills that use a pseudo random chance system. As far as I know, other % chance abilities like Curse and Evasion do not.

Yoshii

Reaction score
hm the chance to crit 100% of the time over 1000 hit at 98% chance is 98/100^1000 basically 1/100,000,000 something is def up

KileRatZ

Reaction score
Actually that's because warcraft 3 rounds each of these chances to the nearest 5% and then goes on from there (again, doesn't apply for evasion). So for example, your crit will have a same 35% chance whenever you set the chance to 33/34/35/36/37% in the editor.

And since 98% is closer to 100% than it is to 95%, warcraft 3 rounds it to 100%.

Sessional

Reaction score
According to killerratz data it's a decently linear increase from 30-95%

.843442 * X + 2.707211 between the values of 30&95

Anyone else have anything? this looks like it could be fun to play with to see the outcome!

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
If what KillRatz is saying is correct, then a unit with 98%crit should always crit, right?

I want to know where you got that info from, care to share that?

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Killratz is correct. It's been described before by Blizzard.

I for one still want to see some link to where blizzard has stated that. I also recall seeing that somewhere, but I still doubt it tho.
It would be a really stupid thing to do if you ask me:nuts:

And also, how are they detecting the crit?
Each time I run a trigger that tries to check how many times a unit is hit based on unit takes damage.
Footman and a peasant.
Normal: 1
Crit:4
The peasant has no armor and no regen.
The first time the footman hits I always get a 0 on my check no matter how I try to correct it. I wonder if that is just me or if it is the test.

I posted the trigger if anyone is wondering how it looks:
Trigger:
  • Detection
    • Events
      • Unit - Peasant 0000 <gen> Takes damage
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Hits = (Hits + 1)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Hits Equal to 10
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Kill Peasant 0000 <gen>
          • Game - Display to (All players) for 30.00 seconds the text: (Hits: + (String(Hits)))
          • Game - Display to (All players) for 30.00 seconds the text: (Crits: + (String(crits)))
        • Else - Actions
      • Set LifeNow = (Life of Peasant 0000 <gen>)
      • Set Check = (CurrentLife - LifeNow)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Check Greater than or equal to 2.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Set crits = (crits + 1)
        • Else - Actions
      • Set CurrentLife = LifeNow
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 30.00 seconds the text: (Check: + (String(Check)))

I know I am a little rusty, but I can't find anything wrong with it, and if the maker of that map has not taken that into consideration, then it is not a correctly done test.

Edit: I just find it odd that blizzard would do such a stupid thing, it would not be the first time they have done something stupid tho.

KileRatZ

Reaction score
I definitely understand why you want more proof. Personally, I'm not sure but I believe I heard first of the 5% rounding while reading a topic which explains the pseudo random distribution - link: http://forums.dota-allstars.com/index.php?showtopic=245439 (I also just noticed my findings got added in there too, w00t).

After seeing this pseudo randomization trick, I wanted to get real proof by making a testmap myself (and then the inproper chances at higher values were found, kind of by accident). And honestly that's your best bet, make a map yourself and try it! Or run mine / OP's if you trust us :)

Here's the link to mine: http://rapidshare.com/files/274845792/CritExperiment.w3x

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
>The first time the footman hits I always get a 0 on my check no matter how I try to correct it. I wonder if that is just me or if it is the test.

note : The unit actually takes damage "after" all your actions there (a timer of 0.00 is needed to actually apply the damage then do something with it - thread search might help for that)

peasant takes dmg.. (10 hp)
LifeNow = 10
Check = 0
display : 0
peasant is hit (9 hp)
peasant takes dmg (9 hp)
LifeNow = 9
Check = 1
display : 1

well, use (Damage taken) instead of that "Check".

>this applies to skills based on pulverize, critical strike, bash, cleave, and hardened skin, because those are the skills that use a pseudo random chance system. As far as I know, other % chance abilities like Curse and Evasion do not.

yes.

>If what KillRatz is saying is correct, then a unit with 98%crit should always crit, right?

yes.
actual crit proc rate = round(current proc rate/0.05)/25

Legacyspy

Reaction score
Could this be because blizzard uses a system where each time you don't crit, your %chance to crit increases, and each time you do crit it decreases, in order to avoid long runs of crit or no crit?

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
My critical strike works at any % level 5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55,60,65,70,75,80,85,90,95 and 100% all work for me.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.